More flickerin' (Petzl Zipkas)

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

More flickerin\' (Petzl Zipkas)

Have any other owners of Petzl Zipkas had a flickering problem? I've had mine for some time now and after around 3-4 hours of use it began to flicker right after turning it on.It would continue to flicker and be quite dim for sometime also. If I press on the switch hard in the on position it stops until I let go. But once the light has been on for several minutes it will begin to burn correctly.

tygger

Enlightened
Re: More flickerin\' (Petzl Zipkas)

i've had the same problem with mine from the beginning. could have something to do with the battery case not being tight enough. it works well after a while but it is annyoing and makes you question the dependability of the light.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I agree that it seems not so dependable however once its been in use a few minutes it has no problem. It's just extremely annoying for a few minutes. I believe it is caused by corrosion forming on the switch contacts, but why?

DonL

Enlightened

I've had my Tikka for a while now, with no flickering problems, even when running out a set of batteries.

OTOH, a spelunking friend recommended a cavers' trick of using a heavy silicone grease on or around any switch or battery openings to seal out schmutz. He and his friends have had "waterproof" lights die out from water, corrosion, or other ick while underground, which is pretty much when you least want it to happen.