$1.99 3led 4cell Pr bulb with pics!

Harrkev

Enlightened
Re: $1.99 3led 4cell Pr bulb!

It seems that being limited to a 6V light is rather limiting. That limits you to a 4D Mag or eqivalent. The ONLY light that I have that could host this is my Legend LX -- and I am not putting an LED in that. Well, I guess that I could mod my Twin-Task 2L to take an LED in the middle, too, instead of the xenon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The price is right, but it does not seem that useful...

neogoon

Newly Enlightened

Cool, I will add these to the list. I have a 4D mag in my car that's starting to yellow (shocker). I bad thing, though, $5 shipping on a $2 bulb, ouch!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

those are cool.

i wonder how they will work in a dorcy boss 4aa? it has a great reflector.

Bob

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually, they would work ok in the Dorcy/Craftsman/Rayovac 4AA flashlights that you can find at BigLots and the $1 store for a couple bucks. Those look like 3mm leds so they are not gonna be super bright, but for $1.99 for the bulb and $2-3 for the flashlight, you could leave them everywhere as power failure lights and they would probably run for a long time (if the LEDS aren't grossly overdriven). It looks like a flat $5 shipping charge for a couple of the bulbs, so it might be worth checking them out.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just fair warning folks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Some 6volt lanterns including my Greatland from Target with the flourescent tube for 9.99 has reverse polarity at the pr bulb socket and could let out some magic smoke from this or any led without reverse polarity protection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
My late model everled would not light up with this until I stacked the 4 D cell batteries backwards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif
But then the flourescent tube wouldn't light up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
I caught this in time before any damage could be done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

These cheapies won't care what kind of reflector you have.
Most of the light is focussed forward enough to miss the reflector altogether. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

The leds are quite cool to the touch in my focussing Dorcy lantern with the clear lid removed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Should be fine with any 4cell flashlight with normal polarity. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know how long these el cheapos will go in a 4d, but it should in theory be about 6x longer than in a 4x aa or about 144-180 hours solid, or well over 200 hours with a true alkaline lantern battery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
The main color emitted is a bluish green cyan I once saw ooze out of a stepped on scorpion and should do quite well out in the woods at night in summertime when everything has it's green foliage on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Otherwise all colors in the rainbow did show to some extent with this cheapo triple t3 led 4 cell bulb replacement.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

the 2 cell version appears to be 5mm...anyone know for sure?

Bob

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

That 6volt twin 5mm is $1.69.
There is a jumbo single there too for $1.39.
It looks like flashlight leds have come to the masses at last. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

The Yeti

Newly Enlightened

It seems like a nice complement to the rayovac lanterns which cost less than their batteries on the assumption that eventually you will buy another. This way it should last nearly forever on it's original battery.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

i will order a few as well.

they can be used to make a poor-man's TT2L.

start with the dorcy boss 4aa--about $4 on sale at a store near me.

$2 for the LED bulb.

about $2 for new bats (the stockers suck).

$1.50 for two rayovac kpr113's from walmart.

so for around $10, you can have a light with LED's for long runtime, and place a nice bright incan bulb in the spare carrier.

i think i will put together a few for family members.

Bob

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm not sure if it is an 8/10 jumbo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
I don't have one yet, but I think I'll just work on that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
You can also try emailing them at thier site to find out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Hey; www.superbrightleds.com,
If you find this, send me some more of your products to play with and post here if you like, or better yet, maybe send some to The Ledmuseum

This is what My order looked like:

"Thank you for your order. We appreciate your business and will do everything we
can to meet your expectations. Please visit us again soon!

New Order: Monday, March 8, 2004 at 08:06:47

PRODUCT INFORMATION--

Quantity: 1
Product: Beamer Micro Light $ 2.99 (each)
Options: UV 0.75

Quantity: 3
Product: PR2-W3 LED FlashLight bulb $ 1.99 (each)
Options:

CUSTID: (Censored)
INVOICE: 1078758320

SUBTOTAL: 9.71
SHIPPING: 5.00 Ground
TOTAL: 14.71 "

Not bad huh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ps;
Those are my feet in the bottom pic earlier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif