$1 type lights from Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

pri0n

Newly Enlightened
Re: $1 AA lights from Ebay

Just got the 7 i ordered and all work. Gonna be great give aways and I like that they are clickies.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened

My six arrived today. All work fine and all the same brightness and tint. That's more consistent than any of my other much more expensive brands that I have multiples of.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast

My six arrived today. All work fine and all the same brightness and tint. That's more consistent than any of my other much more expensive brands that I have multiples of.

Do you mean they're all equally sickly purple? ;)

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

~

I ordered 6 of these just for giveaways or hosts .

Arrived in a week ... and I was SO shocked ..... that they ALL worked.

Not very bright ... but OK for finding something you dropped.

All with good white tint too .

I'd say ..... worth a dollar ....... and great for child flashaholics ... to get em interested .

~

Last edited:

boomhauer

Banned

All of mine are also blueish. Could be worse - coulda spent $13 for a Fenix E01 with the same tint. :rolleyes: j/k, I'm sure the Fenix is a fine light, still blue, but different in performance and purpose.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened

Funny, I gave my wife one of my six "dollar blues" last night to replace her akoray that has more modes than she'll ever need and the danced a little jig for being so happy to finally have a plain and simple torch that just shines when it's on and goes dark when it's off. It's a winner.

petergunn

Newly Enlightened

FYI - I think the 3xAA "11-LED Adjustable Camping Light Lantern" from Meritline ($3.80 - was $2.20 recently) has the same emitter - only 11 of them :naughty:

-PG

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

:eek:

Lucky you, mine are far on the bluish side.

Should I perhaps get a couple more, just to see if theres difference :thinking:

Well , yes , you are correct . After checkin mine tonite in darkness , they all are slightly bluish also .

But I prefer that over yellow , purple or green.

Can't complain much for a dollar light.
I 've had worse luck with cheap $40 lights.

~

fishinfool

Enlightened

I bought several of the .99 cent ebay lights and when the finally came in, they had this really nasty toxic smell to them. The smell even stuck to my hands. I wouldn't even think of giving these to friends (I would to enemies though :D) so I just have them stored away.
Oh well....you win some, you lose some. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

boomhauer

Banned

I bought several of the .99 cent ebay lights and when the finally came in, they had this really nasty toxic smell to them. The smell even stuck to my hands. I wouldn't even think of giving these to friends (I would to enemies though :D) so I just have them stored away.
Oh well....you win some, you lose some. :ohgeez:

Probably fresh rubber outgassing from the tailcaps. Given some time, the smell should diminish.

LightningRod

Newly Enlightened

Got mine today. Wife noticed the smell right away, I had to stick my nose much closer to notice. I then picked up my Fenix L1T and sniffed it, no smell. One of my ebay lights actually produces a white-ish light, the other two are blue. Here's a wall shot, left most light is the white ebay light, right most light is a Fenix L1T v2.0 on low (advertised 16 lumens).

Brightness level inconsistent because I just stuck some old alkalines in them. Will run them with fully charged eneloops this weekend, or maybe pick up some more of those Lowe's lithiums.

Anyone done a runtime test on theirs yet? I have one going on 3.5 hours so far, wonder if it'll make it through the night.

Last edited:

mccririck

Enlightened

I have compared my $1 AA light to the Duracell 3AAA Traveller I got for £2.99 in Home Bargains and the Duracell is better. the $1 isnt bad though, good for the money, but it's hotspot is smaller and weaker, although it has more spill.

yomuppet

Newly Enlightened

Received my 5 -- 1 of them is pretty weak, and very blue.

The rest are nice for $1.xx, but probably not worth more than $5 IMO.

Cheers.

boomhauer

Banned

This deal is dead - for me at least. The first seven I ordered were terrific, so I ordered 12 more. The second batch is about half as bright as the first. Clearly different leds, about half the size of the first batch.

The finish on this latest batch is very shiny, which accentuates the mediocre machining, and gone are the previous detachable wrist bands with keyrings - just cheapo bands now, with no rings. The tint is not blue at all, but this is not enough to make up for its shortcomings.

Classic bait and switch, it seems. Well, just what the heck did I expect for a dollar, anyway? These are probably priced right, now. But the earlier models - I felt like I got more than I paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.