good, large inventory for paracord/lanyard parts

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a larger online or brick and mortar company that carries a large and varied inventory of thin diameter paracord and hardware like end snaps of different styles. I put this here and not BST because i want a company.(nothing against the fine CPF member's, but I want a large variety of thing's, and I don't use paypal at the moment)

Besides berkley point anyone got a fav? VDG

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
I think there's TadGear and REI. Those two I know off the top of my head.—"Perma-frost" you see! Hope the answer is directed to what you're looking for.

Last edited:

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC said:
I think there's TadGear and REI. Those two I know off the top of my head.—"Perma-frost" you see! Hope the answer is directed to what your looking for.

:crackup: you da man! Thanks for the links bro! VDG

Lmtfi

Newly Enlightened
I don't know that you can find them both in the same B&M store. (I think the web is FAR ahead of any B&M store on these items.

I use u-braid-it and Berkley Point.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lmtfi said:
I don't know that you can find them both in the same B&M store. (I think the web is FAR ahead of any B&M store on these items.

I use u-braid-it and Berkley Point.

I agree and guess I should edit it to include online shops just not many of the CPFer's that have only a few products to offer. VDG

ghostrider

Enlightened
Don't know where you are located, but K-Mart carries the Wellington Sportsman's cord (I've heard Wal-Mart does carry thier Survivor cord, but not all the stores do, and you have to dig for it). It's thinner than the standard para cord. If you have a either REI, or EMS locally you should really go in and check them out. They often have things in house that aren't listed on the web site (as far as cordage goes).

You might try sending a PM off to some of the other members who specialize in that sort of thing.

Here's a link you might be interested in:

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15815

I'm pretty sure that what your looking for has been mentioned in there. The only problem is that it's pretty long, and you have to dig through all the info, but there is a lot of info there. Anything from instructions to sources for supplies.

Good luck.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks gentleman, between lighthound and some links i found most everything i wanted, plus the thin diameter paracord at the local camping outdoors shop and the knive forum you turned me on to ghostrider. Plus a bunch of cool knot's/weaving pages.

I think I am gonna ditch my HDS clip
which i use mainly for the lanyard hole. With some thin para in that slot near backend tied up tight with one the many knot's I found on those knive forum links I hope to find a way to leave a hook for a 11mm split ring and the little swivel's I save off of key chain item's i can still wear it with my US Grand Prix lanyard (a little wider for comfort) and still have it safe, and easy to detach off the lanyard again, thanks bro's! VDG

ghostrider

Enlightened
voodoogreg said:
Thanks gentleman, between lighthound and some links i found most everything i wanted, plus the thin diameter paracord at the local camping outdoors shop and the knive forum you turned me on to ghostrider. Plus a bunch of cool knot's/weaving pages.

I think I am gonna ditch my HDS clip
which i use mainly for the lanyard hole. With some thin para in that slot near backend tied up tight with one the many knot's I found on those knive forum links I hope to find a way to leave a hook for a 11mm split ring and the little swivel's I save off of key chain item's i can still wear it with my US Grand Prix lanyard (a little wider for comfort) and still have it safe, and easy to detach off the lanyard again, thanks bro's! VDG
Good luck with it VDG. When you finish, maybe you can post pics of your work in the thread I linked you.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
will do! I will also post the name and link to the knot. there are several that i am even at this moment experimenting with, just want to get the right now, trying to find a bunch line type hitch that stays tight.
There are many, and just wanting to make sure it's the best one. hopefully this morning or tonite.VDG

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK here is the set up 2mm green (not a fav color) paracord used with a small
swivel cobbed off another key chain ( always keep them, since I feel it will not tangle and take some strain off the item on the chain.) Anyway here's some pic's that were asked for.

not pretty but seems to works well! and the clip which didn't bother me as much as other's does feel a lot better. I also had the angle fixed so the ring clears the top of the light making quick to deploy in either cigar hold, or thumb on back.VDG

Last edited:

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
jtice said:
Best place to get all the hardware is from CPF member Emilions site.

I get cord from www.ubraidit.com or www.countycomm.com

~John

http://www.ubraidit.com/order.htm
"ubraidit" states on their website they are going to be closed from the 4th through the 17th(!)...so I decided they aren't really hurting for business and do not need mine! :) (I also tend to not order from places that do not provide shipping costs online...been burned once over that and it's just not worth the time it takes to call or email and wait for a response...)

JM-99

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a "bunt line hitch" for the knot on the light, and a angler's "perfection"
loop knot on the swivel/split ring end. I also seared the end's just a tad and the knot area to gain some more strength.
so far tight a drum and I had a active morning crawing under the house re-doing a broke pipe.

so far all's fine.wadda think? I really wish the paracord was black or camo, but I really
suggest checking out the knotting site: http://www.folsoms.net/knots/

cool stuff! VDG

greenLED

Flashaholic
The Rain Shed is a local B&M shop selling all sorts of outdoor hardware and associated parafernalia, but they also have a website now: therainshed.com

That's where I get my lanyard goodies.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
The Rain Shed is a local B&M shop selling all sorts of outdoor hardware and associated parafernalia, but they also have a website now: therainshed.com

That's where I get my lanyard goodies.

Thanks G-LED, i will check it out. I appreciate all the thanks to all that posted
links also! VDG