Brinkmann Go-LED In a MINI MAG (BEAM SHOTS)

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stopped into target tonight to see the new flashlight isle. So exciting. Anyway, i wanted to get the cr123 dorcy 1w, the new single A River Rock light, and there was a new river rock keychain, that looked like the larger styles (spotlight beams) but instead, i diddnt have that much money so i purchased a Brinkmann Go-LED 2 pack for about 2 dollars. So seeing as they are "disposable" i had to rip one apart. The led look very similar to a lambda smjled. I bent the legs out streight, cut them and put them in a mini mag with a stock reflector that was drilled out a little to fit the led. I just did beam shots, no clue on run time. Its not as bright as niteize or sjmled but its still brighter then a led from a lighthound cheapie key chain light. well, for 2 dollars for 2, i dont think anyone will complain. Im going to get more of these next time, and they arent even on clearence. they are new stock, so its a quick easy mod. Check it out
-bobby
beamcompare.jpg

If you cant read my writing, the GO LED is on the left, then lambda, then nite ize, then the warm sunny yellow of a good old mag. The batteries were pretty fresh in all of them

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
Good idea.

I got some free Keychain LED squeeze lights from ARMS at Shot Show. I dont much like squeeze lights, and I had a spare Minimag. So I took the LED from the squeeze light, cut the leads to fit and drilled out the refector and put the LED in the Minimag. Its not very bright though. Actually the same brightness as the squeeze light to my naked eye. But i presume, and its really just a guess on my part, that the run time will be longer on two lithium AA's than on the two 3V coin cells?

Just did it as a see if it would work kinda thing really.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the same thing with a led, and its not bright, so its good for midnight walks in the house. The runtime does seam to last for days though
-bobby

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again for the tip. I went ahead and bought a 2 pack of the GO-led. Easy Minimag mod. Not as much light as a nite-eyes drop in. More throw once I got it focused than my prior ARMS sqeeze light LED Mini-mag mod.

Target or walmart needs to put the Minimags on sale again. I hate paying over $8.00 for the host bodies.

Latest posts