Trilux Aleph3 wonderlight review (pics)up-to-date pics

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all:)

I received these days my dreamlight EDC:grin2:.

Thanks to the friendship of Freddy (Icarus), I could get this little sweety.

Here the specs:

Aleph3 head with 3xTXOH ermitters, McR18J reflectors on a custom heatsink,
BB 500 driver, SF L4 body and Z52 tailcap with McE2S 2-stage switch.

Powered by 2xLIR 123 cells, 750mA by AW.

The first time I saw this little light, I was surprised about the tiny size.
The building quality is first class (no wonder thanks to Freddy) and the HAIII natural coating looks and feels great.
The push button on the tailcap is also great. For momentary on a little push for low, a little bit harder for high.
For constant on twist the tailcap for low and more for high. Easy to do with one hand, due to it's tiny size.
Here a few pics to see what we are talking about:
[font=MS Sans Serif, sans-serif, Sans, Arial, Helvetica, Univers] http://bilder-speicher.de/Candra597086.gratis-foto-hosting-page.html
[/font]

[font=MS Sans Serif, sans-serif, Sans, Arial, Helvetica, Univers] http://bilder-speicher.de/Bird455485.gratis-foto-hosting-page.html[/font]

[font=MS Sans Serif, sans-serif, Sans, Arial, Helvetica, Univers] http://bilder-speicher.de/Mahmoud97893.gratis-foto-hosting-page.html[/font]

The performance of the light is incredible.
It has a very bright hotspot (due to the deep Joker reflectors) and a usefull sidespill.
I was surprised about the high overall output, because the Leds are underdriven at 500mA.
The tint is pure white, snowwhite.
The area in front of the light to a distance about 60meters is bright, really bright. Incredible from this tiny light.

The runtime on high is about 50 minutes and on low, I guess, about 3 or 4 hours. To use the light always on high is not necessary, because it's too bright. But it's nice to know, when I need maximum brightness, it's available:grin2:.
The brightness on low is more than my Fenix L1P on high with a much better throw.

Here are beamshots:
Nuwai-1.jpg

TLAleph3-1.jpg

The distance to the door was 18 meters. You can see the pure white light against to the blueish of the Nuwai LuxV on high.

I hope you has had fun, very best regards

_____
Tom:wave:

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: Trilux Aleph3 wonderlight review (pics)

One of those days I*ll finally have to crawl to Freddy to have him make me such a light ... the temptation is building up again ... :D :thumbsup:
bernie

criollo

Enlightened
Nice beamshots, Tom !!! :twothumbs :thumbsup: :clap:

(Unfortunately my camera sucks. :D )

Tri-Lux remains as my 1st choice EDC. Freddy's mod is AWESOME !!! :thumbsup:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Eric:)

Since the Aleph3 head is out of production, you can try to get one in the B/S/T thread. From time to time you can find one. But it's rare.

Or you can post a search for it.
When you will be in luck to have one, contact the member "Icarus" and ask him, if he will build you such a great light.

He is a very kindly person and I'm sure he will help you, if he will find the time to do it.

I wish you good luck and best regards

_____
Tom

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are two more pics:)

My sweety with her big brother "Tricarus":

Sweetywithbrother.jpg

and compared with a Magcharger:

SweetyBrotherMagcharger.jpg

Have fun, best regards

_______
Tom

xiaowenzu

Banned
awesome pics man, I wonder how long (exactly) is the Trilux Aleph3 wonderlight? I hope it's not as long as the U2. Also is it much more than 200 lumens? :) Oh, I want one so badly! *cries*

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
xiaowenzu said:
awesome pics man, I wonder how long (exactly) is the Trilux Aleph3 wonderlight? I hope it's not as long as the U2. Also is it much more than 200 lumens? :) Oh, I want one so badly! *cries*

Hello xiaowenzu:)

Thanks for the kind words:eek:. It's exactly 14,4 cm long.
The rated lumens output per ermitter is 67,2-87,4, driven at specs.Since it's slightly underdriven, the real output (behind the glas) could be little less than 200 lumens, not more. But believe me, it's bright.:grin2:

Best regards

_____
Tom:wave:

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
i assume the LED's you used were jokers since you used joker reflectors correct?

Or is it possible to get better throw w/ normal LED's in the joker reflectors?

Thanks!

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
jar3ds said:
Or is it possible to get better throw w/ normal LED's in the joker reflectors?

Thanks!

I guess not, but to go sure it's better Freddy could answer this question.:)

Best regards

____
Tom