Nuwai 301X-5 LUX V big QIII style->UPDATED w/REGULATION BOARD IMAGES. RCR123 is okay

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
Nuwai 301X-5 LUX V big QIII style->UPDATED w/REGULATION BOARD IMAGES. RCR123 is okay

Nuwai 301X-5 LUX V-- I see on flashlightreviews.com the Plia 168S (3.7V rechargeable) was tested in it.

EDIT: ANSWERS!

Has anyone run two rechargables RCR123 3.7V (4.2V off charger) in it ?
EDIT:--> Yes.

What were the results?
EDIT: tests results...

RCR123 x2 = 920mh @ 6.5V (Vf of the LUX V) read at the LED.

Primary Cr123 x2= 520mA @ 4.15V :duh2:

Does anyone know specifically what type of regulation circuit board it has?

EDIT:
Similar to the Q3 board.,,,changed transistor from a GSJ6T to GSJ1A. Perhaps someone knows more about it.

IMAGE OF BOARD:

jgkca

Anyone recognize the board? :naughty:

Q3 board here:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=90776

Last edited:

Eric S

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nuwai 301X-5 LUX V big QIII style->what type regulation? take rechargeable 2x RCR123?

Hey Randy

That`s all I have ever ran in all three 5 watters that I had. It will get quite warm but never had a problem.
I EDC it for working at night almost a year after I burn out my 301X-3 in two months using the 3.6v r123s
Don`t know about type of reg. board is in their

Eric

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nuwai 301X-5 LUX V big QIII style->is it regulated & safe for rechargeable 2x RCR

I could just image how well it would throw if you put in a lux3.

-david

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
Re: Nuwai 301X-5 LUX V big QIII style->is it regulated & safe for rechargeable 2x RCR

cheapo said:
I could just image how well it would throw if you put in a lux3.

-david

umm.. if you may sure the board didn't overvolt the LED...:whistle: then like a QIII? :drool: perhaps *exactly* like a QIII? :naughty:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Randy Shackleford said:
umm.. if you may sure the board didn't overvolt the LED...:whistle: then like a QIII? :drool: perhaps *exactly* like a QIII? :naughty:

actually, if you replaced the lux5 with a lux3, your LED wont be overdriven at all. The 5w light only produces 60lms, which is fine for a lux3.

-david

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened

cheapo said:
actually, if you replaced the lux5 with a lux3, your LED wont be overdriven at all. The 5w light only produces 60lms, which is fine for a lux3.

-david

:huh2: lms have almost nothing to do with it.
The output of the regulation circuit is important here. If the board pushes to much into the LUX III ...magic smoke.

IIRC the 301X-3 has only a resistor for regulation, which would explain Eric S's 301X-3 burn out on higher voltage RCR123's.

Anyone know the specs of the 301X-5 board?

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

yeah, i thought about that last night, and it didnt make too much sence.... HOWEVER, according to the ledmuseum the lux5 is only being driven at 753ma, which, which a lux3 could easily handle.

-david

Last edited:

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened

cheapo said:
yeah, i thought about that last night, and it didnt make too much sence.... HOWEVER, according to the ledmuseum the lux5 is only being driven at 753ma, which, which a lux3 could easily handle.

-david

Again, the regulation board is the key here. Driving a LUX V @ 753mAh & ??? Volts :shrug: measured where at the LED or tailcap?:shrug:

Last edited:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nuwai 301X-5 LUX V big QIII style->is it regulated & safe for rechargeable 2x RCR123?

l run mine on rechargeable 123s with no problems.

Ironhog81

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nuwai 301X-5 LUX V big QIII style->is it regulated & safe for rechargeable 2x RCR123?

I'm using the 3W version with rechargeables that came with it with no problems.

Let me know about the 5W, I may have to upgrade.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Randy Shackleford said:
what's the runtime like of 2x RCR123's?

:).... And also , Jay R , is it noticably brighter on two - 4v batteries ?

:grin2:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast

TooManyGizmos said:
:).... And also , Jay R , is it noticably brighter on two - 4v batteries ?

:grin2:

Yes. Huge amounts of flood.

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
Re: Nuwai 301X-5 LUX V big QIII style->UPDATED w/regulation board images. RCR123 safe.

Huge flood indeed. Much brighter at 920mAh!

EDIT: ANSWERS! see 1st post above.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

:)
Jay R said:
l run mine on rechargeable 123s with no problems.

Jay R ..... Please ....... one final clarification / B-4 I burn my light out ... :laughing:

Exactly which "rechargeable 123s" do you run yours on ? (since there are really 2 types now)

Are they 3.7v (4.2v off the charger) ............OR ....

Are they 3.0v (3.2v regulated output)

I'm really anxious about using 4.2v batteries - unless you verify you did .

Thanks ......... TooManyGizmos ..:grin2:

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened

TooManyGizmos said:
:)

Jay R ..... Please ....... one final clarification / B-4 I burn my light out ... :laughing:

Exactly which "rechargeable 123s" do you run yours on ? (since there are really 2 types now)

Are they 3.7v (4.2v off the charger) ............OR ....

Are they 3.0v (3.2v regulated output)

I'm really anxious about using 4.2v batteries - unless you verify you did .

Thanks ......... TooManyGizmos ..:grin2:

Read the edited first post about testing 2x 3.7V RCR123

Pixel

Newly Enlightened

how did you measure the current/voltage at the LED?
As I remember measuring this with simple multimeter on a QIII gives the lower that expected results. Perhaps the driver board pruduces pulses.

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened

Pixel said:
how did you measure the current/voltage at the LED?
As I remember measuring this with simple multimeter on a QIII gives the lower that expected results.

The results were read at the LED with muiltimeter.

What are "expected results" ?

Pixel

Newly Enlightened

Because this is a boost circuit, the expected results on primary cels (6v or less) are increased voltage in comparision to the direct-drive mode. But in your case, it seems that you are already in direct-drive mode at (7.4v) - the driver-board does nothing.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

:)....... I will admit ..... I'm not very electron savy

What is ..... "lms"

Why does Pixel think it's in *direct drive* on 8 volts ????

Randy Shackleford said:
:huh2: lms have almost nothing to do with it.
The output of the regulation circuit is important here. If the board pushes to much into the LUX III ...magic smoke.

IIRC the 301X-3 has only a resistor for regulation, which would explain Eric S's 301X-3 burn out on higher voltage RCR123's.

Anyone know the specs of the 301X-5 board?