• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 12V Mag Tailcap, Rod & Regulator - Taking Orders

cfromc

Enlightened
Here is a new Patent Pending design for your viewing pleasure. It is a custom tailcap with a 5.5mm coaxial female connector that can be hooked up to a 12V source, like a car cigarette lighter. It includes a rod that goes from the tailcap to the spring on the rear of the Mag switch. I'm gauging interest in the availability of two kits. One kit will include the custom tailcap and the rod for $54.95 + shipping. The other kit will include the above plus a voltage regulator and the cigarette lighter cord for $77.95 + shipping. The regulator would allow variable voltage to the Mag switch, set by dial, and the cord would be 6' long. The regulator will allow the use of various LEDs and bulbs that require less than 12 volts.

Shipping will be:
$3.95 US for Kit 1
$5.95 US for Kit 2
$12.95 International to most destinations, either kit. May be more for multiple kits.

Edit 10/26/09: These will be available in limited quantities once per month. I will take orders for them until the last day of each month then will have them made and shipped about one week after the end of the month. Due to the custom nature of these and the limited demand I ask that payment be made by the last day of the month. Paypal is gofastalot99(at)aol.com [remove (at) and replace with @]. PM me for USPS MO payment instructions.

Edit 2/24/10: I won't be responsible for a failure caused by any mods made to the light, especially hot-wires, hi-output LEDs and/or multiple LED set-ups.

Kit 1
12Va.jpg

Kit 2
12Vc.jpg

12Ve.jpg

12Vd.jpg

12Vb.jpg

Last edited:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Interest? 12V Mag Tailcap, Rod & Regulator.

Interesting.

In general, how much constant current can automobile accessory ports provide @ 12V?

cfromc

Enlightened

Interesting.

In general, how much constant current can automobile accessory ports provide @ 12V?

I believe the limiting factor will be the fuse. IIRC, those are normally 15A, but I suppose a 10A or 20A fuse is possible for the lighter circuit.

GLOCK18

Enlightened

Kit 1, the voltage regulater on kit 2 would get in the way for what I need it for.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

The tailcap looks really COOL

How about doing a run of your fluted tailcaps BUT for normal use ie batteries

cfromc

Enlightened

The tailcap looks really COOL

How about doing a run of your fluted tailcaps BUT for normal use ie batteries

well....I will have a very small run of black and raw "normal" fluted tailcaps coming in a couple of days.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

I might be interested in Kit #2.

I can't make out the settings on the dial in you picture. Does your voltage regulator have an open/unregulated setting, or will I need to source a separate cable to run a full 12V?

I really like the idea of these kits. I don't know how much I'd actually use it, but I imagine I'll regret it someday if I don't pick one up.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

well....I will have a very small run of black and raw "normal" fluted tailcaps coming in a couple of days.

Excellent

Can I add a black one to my order :D

cfromc

Enlightened

I can't make out the settings on the dial in you picture. Does your voltage regulator have an open/unregulated setting, or will I need to source a separate cable to run a full 12V?

I really like the idea of these kits. I don't know how much I'd actually use it, but I imagine I'll regret it someday if I don't pick one up.

I'll double check the regulator but IIRC, it goes up to 12V.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

Really cool idea! Would 6 feet of cord allow for practical use of the light thou? Could a guy maybe make a longer extension cord for this?

I'm sure it's been done in here already by someone, but could you make a tailcap like the one above that would allow me to charge my FM Eneloop battery packs, either 7.2 or 10.8, etc without having to remove them from the light itself? This I would defintely be interested in.

Thanks and really cool idea you have here,
Dan

cfromc

Enlightened

It goes from 1.5V to 12V.

cfromc

Enlightened

Really cool idea! Would 6 feet of cord allow for practical use of the light thou? Could a guy maybe make a longer extension cord for this?

I'm sure it's been done in here already by someone, but could you make a tailcap like the one above that would allow me to charge my FM Eneloop battery packs, either 7.2 or 10.8, etc without having to remove them from the light itself? This I would defintely be interested in.

Thanks and really cool idea you have here,
Dan

With regard to the cord length, I guess it depends on the use but you can get a cig lighter extension. The extension plugs into the lighter and the other end has a female side so the regulator cig lighter end can plug into it.

The caps have a standard 5.5mm recepticle so if your changer has the same 5.5 male end it will work or you might be able to buy something that plugs into the charger and converts it to a 5.5mm plug. The voltage regulator can be turned down to 7.2V or 10.8V but I wouldn't recommend direct charging from the cig lighter because of the possibility of an overcharge.

cfromc

Enlightened

OK, these will be available in limited quantities once per month. I will take orders for them until the last day of each month then will have them made and shipped about one week after the end of the month. Due to the custom nature of these and the limited demand I ask that payment be made by the last day of the month. Paypal information is in the first post. PM me for USPS MO payment instructions.

Last edited:

ryball

Newly Enlightened

Ooh, put me in line for one of those! :thumbsup: