Barn Burner beam shot

David M

Newly Enlightened
'probably should have waited until cold weather chased off the bugs.

It's 800 feet to the tree with the hot spot according to a WAAS GPS device.

The picture is a PhotoShop HDR composite that more closely duplicates the way you would perceive the beam due to the way your pupils work IMHO.

This version looks like what I see (using my computer monitor at work).

large.jpg

This version looks like what I see (using my computer monitor at home which seems to have a serious brightness and contrast problem).

large.jpg

I used a Surefire U2 set to its lowest setting to help with the camera stuff, that's why there's some light behind the mighty XeRay.

David M

Last edited:

tdurand

Enlightened
Fouuuuur! I'd grab the Big Bertha

Nice shot David. I wish I had the skills. Those moths look like party streamers.

T

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Wow! Sweet pic!
bowdown.gif
eek.gif
drool.gif
. So how many thousands of dollars are we talking when the production version is widely available? Actually scratch that. When is the 100 hour runtime keychain version going to be ready?
lolsign.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I haven't a freaking clue what that thing is....

But HOLY COW that's a LOT OF LIGHT!

I have a rechageable spot light that I thought was pretty bright. It would be like a 2AA Incandescent Minim*g against a M*g85!!!

hogo

Newly Enlightened
that is the coolest picture I have seen on this site, ever!

jtice

Flashaholic
Is that actually clost to the way you see it with your naked eyes?
You can make a stock mag do that if you do a long enough exposure.
Still really cool looking though :D

Love the design of the Barn Burner, was tempted when there was a GB,
but its way out of my price range.

~John

marxs

Enlightened
dont tell me you have a spare tank light around would you? :laughing: id like to see a comparison beamshot between those two please LOL

mark

Wrangler

Enlightened
Impressive, really impressive!!!

Impatiently awaiting the day when they make this kind of light output available from a 2D or 3D-flashlight size!

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: Nice. I tried to do a shot like that with my thor awhile back but there was so many bugs it looked like crap.

frogs3

Enlightened
Dear David,

One question: is that a BB 75 watt unit?

I am waiting for one to arrive from another Forum member, and if that is how the BB 75 puts out, it will be most interesting on the local streets where I walk at night in the suburbs. As I have posted before, in this type of area, 800 feet is a long distance, and I hope to be able to keep the side spill down to avoid annoying the neighbors, without blinding the drivers on the road from the narrow beam.

Enjoy,

Harvey K.

frogs3

Enlightened
Re: Barn Burner beam shot ==Slightly Off Topic

Dear David,

That looks like a heavy duty Gitzo tripod in the picture. Are you into audiovisual work, pro photographer, or just a VERY serious personal photographer?

I have been doing both amateur and commercial photo work for nearly fifty years, and the details you provided about image manipulation made me curious.

-Peace and Love,

Harvey K

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

After quite sometime owning the BB75w i have not even lay my hands on it yet:ironic:. But this picture makes me wanna fly home now and try out the BB75

BTW nice set of Gitzo and 3way

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
WOW...you seriously darkened that same photo since it was here yesterday. Now I can't figure out what's up with the light vs. Photoshop falsely adjusting it. Too bad. :huh:

We need those shootout images back to see it objectively again.

David M

Newly Enlightened
frogs3 said:
Dear David,

One question: is that a BB 75 watt unit?

I am waiting for one to arrive from another Forum member, and if that is how the BB 75 puts out, it will be most interesting on the local streets where I walk at night in the suburbs. As I have posted before, in this type of area, 800 feet is a long distance, and I hope to be able to keep the side spill down to avoid annoying the neighbors, without blinding the drivers on the road from the narrow beam.

Enjoy,

Harvey K.

Yes, it is the 75 watt version.

Best regards, David M

David M

Newly Enlightened

frogs3 said:
Dear David,

That looks like a heavy duty Gitzo tripod in the picture. Are you into audiovisual work, pro photographer, or just a VERY serious personal photographer?

I have been doing both amateur and commercial photo work for nearly fifty years, and the details you provided about image manipulation made me curious.

-Peace and Love,

Harvey K

That's my baby Gitzo. I have a Studio model with a gimbal head, too. I am an amateur just doing it as a hobby.

smile.gif
David

David M

Newly Enlightened
LuxLuthor said:
WOW...you seriously darkened that same photo since it was here yesterday. Now I can't figure out what's up with the light vs. Photoshop falsely adjusting it. Too bad.
huh.gif

We need those shootout images back to see it objectively again.

scaredofthedark said:
PUT BACK THE ORGINAL PICTURE!!!!
please??

When I looked at what I posted on my work monitor I was shocked to see just how bright it came out. I decided to tone it down in an effort to make it look correct according to that monitor. I want it to look as realistic as I can make it. Maybe some other owners can comment and/or post their beam shots. I did add the original back to that first post.

--David M