Maxa Beam Battery Housing 3D printed design

ALBE JP18

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

First of all, I'd like to thank you for all the posts and info about the Maxa Beam Spotlight i've found at CPF. I've found it very usefull.

As I have written in my introduction, I'm here because of Jurassic Park and the MB. In my search for JP props, I stumbled upon a Maxa Beam, selling really cheap. It was the searchlight and a car lighter adapter cable only, so neither battery nor charger were included, but the price tag was so low that I just had to buy it.

From pictures in this forum, out of the film, and other props/JP forums, I had an idea of the approximate size of the battery, and I also read here that a 3S LiPo battery could be used with the Maxa Beam. So I designed and 3D printed my own housing to fit below the Searchlight, just as an original battery would.

I know, I know. I should be using the OEM batteries. I could even buy a dead one and install new cells on it. But These lights are not that common here in Europe, and the price for a new battery makes it a no-go for me. I'm still looking for a used one, but meanwhile, I am quite happy with the result:

20230127_160137.jpg

I know that the connectors are not correct (I have them already ordered), and the fit&finish is not perfect, but it is a "work in progress" project.

I'd like to share with you the design: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5795040

And it would be much appreciated if someone could share with me the exact dimensions of an original battery, so I could improve the design and make it as accurate as possible.

Once again, thanks,
Albert