XeVision XeRay group buy feeler

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got off the phone with Dan since I was one of the unlucky late comers to miss his group buy for the XeRay 50 watt. He made no promises, did not push for, nor did he suggest I start this feeler, but he went along with the idea. So, here it is, does anyone have interest in acquiring one of these fabulous lights ? for those unfamiliar with it, details here

http://www.aerovisions.com/hid/hid_searchlights.html

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did he give any indication of what the Group buy price would be?
I would think thats a critical piece of the equation for me at least.

If the price is good, I would definatly consider it.

Would it be based off the price of the last GB?...

How long does it typically take for these GB's to play out from when they start till the time you actually get your product?

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
tonyd said:
I would think about this with a 100 Watt version:rock:

I still think making a device that covers "more of a span" is the most appealing and more valuable to me. It would be much more useful for paramedics, firemen, police etc etc.
One that will burn at a lower wattage to give me great "even all night" runtime or be able to kick into overdrive and "style and profile" for the rare times of when you want to show off or search great distances.

The negative to these type of lights would be that one the one hand If I had a light that would do both 35 and 50 watts removes the need for me to buy of them.. on the other hand it would entice many to buy that would not buy either.

But at any rate.. if this is our only choice I suspect that many "like myself" would want to buy if the price is enticing like in these group buys.

I would be interested in the 50/75watt version too especially if the battery were even bigger.

Last edited:

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan did not make any promises nor did he give a price. Just assuming any group price would be better than retail or maybe even beat the $100 CPF discount he offers is enough to post in the thread if you're interested or not.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I just read the entire Thread from the last group buy.. "I almost didn't find it.. it was so old"... it was very informative.. because of reading it.. hopefully I won't be re-asking many of the questions again since they were addressed in that thread.. I encourage all newbies "as myself" who are interested to read and learn.

My hats off to Dan for being so patient with all the questions and endurance to educate so many people from differing knowledge bases.

I understand any reluctance you may have Dan to start up another one of these as it must be take tremendous energy from you to deal with all the issues and misunderstandings.

My only thoughts are to encourage you to march on if you have the time and guts to do it again!...

These type of one on one intimate exchanges with you is what allows your product to shine and excel above the other competitors.

A similiar sacrific is done by Rock Stars who must travel and spend time away from thier families to promote thier songs and spread thier fame.
Few do well without stirring excitement of thier product.

I for one appreciate your consideration to offer another Group Buy and I also fully understand if you decline or think the time is bad for now.

Thanks for being so active on this forum.. its really a luxury to be able to ask questions from "the man" and get honest feedback so quickly.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
why do I get the feeling that if you would have specified 75 watts instead of 50, this thread would be taking off!

I wonder if he would consider a 75watt GB?..if so, we should start another thread.

Last edited:

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
This would do much better if it was in the Groupbuy/Passaround section. Also if it had prices.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
the prices part is critical.. its not fair to ask for "true" buyers when the price is not even noted. Not many people will sign a blank check.

If this is a serious question and you want serious answers... we need a price.

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
The feeler was not really for a specified price as I stated at the beginning of the thread Dan made no promises, including that of throwing a group buy. He offers a $100 discount right off the bat for CPF'rs from the $895 retail. Obviously the group buy price would beat that but probably not go as low as the previous group buy price of around $600. Assuming a price range of $600 to say $750, again with no promises attached, woud you be interested ? Nonetheless, I will pm Dan and let him know people would like to see a price.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes I am.. if I could get a commitment for sure of how long the GB will last and price of course, I am even willing to send payment to lock in the deal.

I am ready to by soon, unless I have something concrete as to why I should wait.

There are other lights out there being upgraded this very moment that may be a tasty deal.. but who knows when they will materialize and I really like the xevision anyway.

But is seems we aren't even that far yet since this is just a feeler.

If you guys move this thread to the GroupBuy area.. make sure you put a notation on this thread first.
And I will let you know if I jump the gun and buy somewhere else before all this finally gets off the ground.

Last edited:

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
I just got done looking over on flashlight forum and man did they question Dan about his comments about the Razorlite and Razorbeam. There was talk about a group buy over there also for the BB, but it didn't go so well. Don't be surprised if Dan doesn't want to mess with another one. I really appreciate that he allowed me to get one in the original BB sale. Sorry for all the guys who missed out because you have definitely missed out, the BB is for real. I love mine and will never part with it. Thanks Dan except now every other light I own seems dim and sits at home while the BB gets to go out and play.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
yea.. I read all that too...
It does peeve you off when you are questioned and you have gone out of your way to maintain a perfect track record and people treat you like a novice that is trying to muscle in.

I know they were just trying to protect thier people, but I found absolutely no untactful manners used that should have upset them.

I see nothing wrong in questioning statements of quality made from unfounded statements of a manufacterer... and he didn't even direct it a any specific company.... he only implied he resented companies throwing around the term of "being aircraft quality" without having to prove it.....
Polarion instantly put themselves on equal ground in the aviation business with a few simple words that no one challenged.

Xevision is all about aircraft stuff... the handheld spotlights is a new experiment for them. Probrably alot more hassle and less lucrative than sticking on a corporate level where the big bucks are.

Its true, we are fortunate to be able to benifit from true "aviation" qualitity parts being put into a mere handheld spotlight without it costing a fortune.

Last edited:

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me? I am new at the forum and did not know he was bashed and so I can see why he does not want to do another one. Yeah, i'm sorry I missed on the group buy if only I had been there..that's the way it goes I guess.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
windstrings said:
yea.. I read all that too...

Problem is.. it sounds like they didn't really know him over there and some of thier moderators are not as mature as CPF's... not to start a war or anything.. but the moderators either break or make a forum, and that may the the reason people aren't as active over there. They need to accept the responsibility for treating new business so rudely and acting like they are a wolf..... fear can make you miss the real thing baby!

The vast majority (members + mods) are very active happy members at CPF as well. Sounds from your post you are more interested in stirring the pot than talking/getting lights...

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lips said:
The vast majority (members + mods) are very active happy members at CPF as well. Sounds from your post you are more interested in stirring the pot than talking/getting lights...

Funny you say that.. If a Gb posted today.. my money would be in today!
Actually.. I take that back.. I am seeking the 75 watter.

But it does sound like I offended you.. sorry.. didn't mean to.

Xevision obviously was unknown on the other forum and they grilled him pretty good.
The did such a good job that now they may withdraw completely from the handheld light business and stay with a more professional "Non retail" crowd.

I wouldn't blame them a bit... dealing with people direct can be cruel.

Its their loss that they grilled him so, but even the people at CPF who admired and appreciated his product may also suffer.

Last edited:

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lips... I suppose your right... My conversation was not aiding this thread.

This subject same into being because the author of this thread discovered "why" Xevison is reluctanct to participate in GB's.. at least on FF.

It appears he is open to another one this forum providing there are interested people since he is not addressed the same way here.
I believe I read he needs at least 20 people to initiate one.. and those will need to be people who are willing paying customers.

I also see no point at least on my behalf to rehash what damage has already been done in hopes it will just go away.
I have no way of knowing if the person who did the offense has done any attempts to make recompense...
But it would only be professional to do so since his track record is impecable here at CPF, that should buy some credence.

Its not my business directly, other than I share the frustration of the damage it has caused.

Although that person quite possibly just got off on the wrong foot with Dan and his senitments may not be reflected by the whole forum, nor did he possibly mean to come off that way.

So giving eveyone the benifit of a doubt... everyone has a right to have a bad day and to misunderstand once or twice and to be misunderstood.

Possibly all that is under the bridge and this can all me mended for the sake of everyone.

I certainly have no interest in aiding to hate and discontent and it makes it no fun to be on the forum.. except for trolls.

I hereby a ceasing from this discussion and if anyone follows with a rebuttal, I will not comment as I'm sure it will be hard to bite my tongue, but oh well.
I think everyone is sorry for the misunderstanding.. so lets move on....

and back to the business at hand....
I for one want a 75 watt Barn Burner.... I will only settle for the 50 Watt if I hear Dan say there 75 watters are no longer an option.

Back in July, it sounded like they were about 2 months away from production, but something has fouled up the progress.

As far as price..it appears its obvious that the GB price "for the 35 or 50w" will be something below the regular discount of 895.00 minus 100.00 CPF discount... we just don't know how much yet.

As far as I am concerned if you want a light with bulletproof quality and fierce performance.. this light cannot be beat for the price.
I have been doing alot of digging this week and I know of nothing else more powerful without spending tons more money.

Just as in buying computers.. there is always better coming around the corner, but if you wait, there will be a better one behind that one too.

So I'm electing to buy within a few days unless this will not be an option and I have to go to plan B.

Last edited: