Fenix Halloween Workout

alberto

Enlightened
I got a chance Halloween night to give my Fenix lights a good outdoor workout as I traveled the neighborhood with the kids. I had a Fenix L1P (modded for 2-stage brightness) on a new lithium AA, a L1T on a half-CRV3 (3 volts), and a P1 on a RCR123 (fully charged).

For upclose work (checking candy bags, costume fit) the L1P low-level worked out best - others were too bright, even L1T low-level.

For walking dark streets, the L1T low-level seemed to work best - just enough throw with good spill to see where we were going. L1P low-level not quite enough - high-level too much. P1 way too much.

For long-range throw (checking kids at a distance and illuminating dark houses), the L1T (3 volt battery) high-level did the best job - incredible throw and good side spill. The P1 did almost as well but the L1T was noticeably better - more punch.

I don't have a L2T but would expect it to perform the same as my L1T with the 3 volt battery.

greenLED

Flashaholic
My son had his L1P on the whole time we were out (almost 2 hours). I could see the light dimming towards the end, but he didn't seem to mind. I used my L2P to signal oncoming traffic a couple of times, and to light up darker areas. Needless to say, I had "one or two" more lights on me. ;)

Slightly OT, but Halloweeny lights report:
This year I actually noticed more people with lights (mostly LED headlamps, strangely enough) than last year. Most of these were adults; other than the kids we took t'o't, I only saw 2 others with LED blinkers/lights/reflective trim on them. :( There was a guy who had some kind of high-power incan with tailcap switch. He kept shining it around, but we never caught up with his party and I couldn't ask him what light that was.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strobe mode on my jet I definitly made the cars move way over to the far side of the road.And no I didnt shine it right at the drivers!

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
I had my L2P with me while taking out my kids ... my brother was kinda rolling his eyes at times saying stuff like "you really like your flashlight huh?" (I should have told him I would like to bring a Wolf Eyes Rattlesnake with me instead :sssh: ).

I would cringe with I see other parents with regular flashlights roll around ... might as well not even bring them because they seemed so ineffective.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some kids saw me with my HF 35w HID light in the front yard. I ended up putting on a demo lighting up objects way down the street. I have to say they were impressed. The parents even more so. Next year I hope to have some Cree lights for carrying. It should be fun :laughing: