Polarion X1 (Picture Intensive)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my Polarian X1 today and my initial impression was wOw it's even smaller than the Helios. My next impression as I inserted the battery was an even bigger WOW when the light illuminated.....I figured they must of left it in the "on" position at the factory by mistake. My smiles turned to frowns as no mater how many times I rotated the on/off collar the light still stayed on :(

So I pulled the battery back out and set her up for the Photo Shoot. After the pictures where taken my wife walked in with that "another light" frown upon here face :) I went to show her the new broken light and after showing her the problem and rotating the on/off collar a few more times the light shut off. Now the on/off collar will turn the light on and off but not reliably.

Now to shed a little light on the question you are all probably wondering about.................How does the X1 compare to Polarion's "Top Dog" the Helios. My initial white wall test shows no concernable difference in fact they appear equal. I will post outside beamshots within the next few days hopefully.

On to the Pics

IMG_0141-vi.jpg

IMG_0142-vi.jpg

IMG_0143-vi.jpg

IMG_0144-vi.jpg

Red and Blue Filters
IMG_0147-vi.jpg

IMG_0148-vi.jpg

IMG_0152-vi.jpg

IMG_0153-vi.jpg

IMG_0156-vi.jpg

IMG_0177-vi.jpg

IMG_0180-vi.jpg

IMG_0185-vi.jpg

IMG_0168-vi.jpg

IMG_0170-vi.jpg

Helios Left X1 Right

IMG_3314-vi.jpg

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Great pix. Did you figure out what is causing the on/off issue? In that bottom one besides the fact that you managed to position the lights to form an Alien face on the wall, it appears that the X1 is a tiny bit brighter...but need some outside shots to really see the throw.

jtice

Flashaholic
Excellent photos !
I look forward to the outdoors shots.

Even though this only makes me a deeper shade of green with envy. :green:

These are definitely my favorite HIDs that I have seen so far.
But unfortunately, my budget makes me select the best hang for your buck items.

~John

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
what are purposes of blue & red filters?:rock:

LITEDISORDER

Newly Enlightened
With my Helios + X-1 at 700 ft. away, I couldn't tell a difference. But I didn't get pics.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
LuxLuthor said:
Mac, any information on that start/stop issue? Hopefully something minor?

The light is defective and is going to have to be replaced. The scary thing is when I did get it to switch off it would sporadically turn back on.

Mac

ShortArc

Enlightened
cmaccel,
Which of all the Polarion you own/tried do you like best?
Bang for buck, usability, finish, etc.
I was part of the Polarion/Eagle Eye groupbuy and really like the light but can't help myself considering the purchase of a Helios (now that the price went up). What is your subjective opinion?
Willem.

LITEDISORDER

Newly Enlightened
I have both and I say get the X-1. Both are great lights , but the X-1 being smaller just seems better in the hand. I don't have any problems with mine. As far as I can tell they perform pretty much equal. So for the price diff. I think the X-1 is a better deal over the Helios. If there is dought get both. HA HA

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
cmacclel said:
The light is defective and is going to have to be replaced. The scary thing is when I did get it to switch off it would sporadically turn back on.

Mac

That is scary.
Did you find out if this has happened with other lights?
I would love to find out why this is happening.
My curiosity lies in knowing the nature of the failure and how repeatable it is. I am referring to whatever is causing the automatically switching on issue.

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

BVH

Flashaholic
Certainly no expert here. My only experience with reed switches goes back about 30 years ago when I built a Heathkit weather station. I don't know if these lights use a reed switch or not (which would be activated by magnets in the on/off ring?) but if they do, I would suspect a sticking reed is the cause. In this type of switch setup, there's no physical contact between the on/off ring (and its magnets) and the actual switch. As the ring is moved the attached magnets bring the two pieces of the metal switch together as they go by and the two pieces of metal separate when the magnet is moved away. Just a theory.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xzn said:
0.0!
That's more than a 75 watt barn burner! And about as much as a maxabeam!

I know your talking about price... the BB is 8500 lumens.....

As far as price.. yes more than twice the price after the CPF discount.......

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
cmacclel said:

Mac

I was thinking maybe they decided to throw in a bonus "simulated strobe" feature that surrepticiously activates by means of their self designed, proprietary "Magic Easter Egg Latent Onset Connectotron" (so called "MEELOC") circuit, to add yet another sparkling facet to this already perfect crown jewel of global luminary minions. No?

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened
Wow, cmacc thoese are some awsome photos you got there. Nice camera and nice lights.:)

Last edited: