• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

A pair of different Ti lights up for offer**SOLD**

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

I recently bead blasted a few Ti S27-C sets and sent them off to Modamag for special plating in AlTiN. I am offering a pair of these up for sale.

AlTiN-S27-C.jpg

These lights have a dark gray with hint of blue coloring. The dull finish is reportedly one of the hardest finishes available and realtively new. This might be a light that can cut through a HA finished light. :shrug: At any rate, I have had some customers express a desire for a more subdued and durable finish than that of raw Ti. I think this is the best shot at such a finish but only time will tell. Due to the additional time in masking and bead blasting as well as the plating itself, I am asking $525 ea for this pair of lights.

They are available on a first come first served basis and please review the Available Lights and Ordering Info thread on shipping and insurance options as well as how to e-mail in your order for one of these. I will contact you after receiving an e-mail request and let you know the order has been received. I won't be able to ship the light until next week.

Thanks for looking! :eek:

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I prefer the bead blasted look myself but it is extra work and of course normal wear will put some marks on the finish. Well that is the case on raw Ti but I expect these to be a diferent story! When I was mounting the pocket clips a couple times as I cynched down the Ti screws, I heard a slight click and saw white sparks come from under the screw head as it was driven against the face of the clip!!!

I would guess that this finish is not prone to any galling issues even under load but it's just a guess. It will be interesting to see how the plating fares under normal use.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
WHOAAA !!!!
This looks really kick-***!!!! :eek:oo:

Although I do prefer the natural ti, I have to say this is very interesting. Do you have some more pics of those?

bernie

UKSFighter

Newly Enlightened
Man, that was a nice quick sale. I can't wait to see how these fair. If everything goes well, hopefully Don will offer some more up in the future.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, what a beautiful pic! Awesome finish on the light!

Don, is this type of finish a one-time experiment, or are you toying with the idea of offering this sometime in the future?

:rock: WP

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cryhavok,
The texture is nice. These are like bead blasted raw Ti in feel and they too will darken from oil from your hands.

WP,
I want to visit this finish again in the future. It's simply a question of timing with Jonathan and when I have complete sets of parts I can send on to him. :shrug: