BarnBurner & Maxabeam: Indoor beamshots, LOL

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
2 beasts, 2 different animals. The BB is just pure muscle, pouring out pure lumens that make you squint. While the Maxabeam on the other hand, is not a lumens monster. Its a throw Monster! Both of these lights are just awesome, the BB has real world use for me, but the MB is just for kicks.

I was bored, took some pics, both lights on tightest focus, enjoy your rare look into the PSM compound... :naughty:

Maxaburner008.jpg

Maxaburner001.jpg

Maxaburner002.jpg

Maxaburner004.jpg

Maxabeam afterglow:
Maxaburner005.jpg

BB afterglow:
Maxaburner007.jpg

The Voice of Reason

Newly Enlightened
I do believe you may be insane.

Welcome to the club!! :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign: Keep up the good work PSM. :)

BTW, some luvverly lights you've got there... ever tried to use them as reading lights? :grin2:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Nice PSM! I really like the final beam shot where the maxabeam's tight circle is perfectly cut out and clearly visible. The after glow shots were a nice touch too. You've got a couple of machines there.

:twothumbs one for each light.

frogs3

Enlightened
The BarnBurner rules!

Just got back from a suburban walk with the BB -- it makes life a bit more fun AND it feels good in the hand.

Please, no one touch that last line.

HAK

tdurand

Enlightened
"....enjoy your rare look into the PSM compound... :naughty:"

LOL. Hey is that Corian?

Nice shots bud. :rock:

T

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
what kind of lux do those do at 1m? :D

You cannot measure the lux-output at one meter, thats to close to the reflector.
You need to increase the measuring-distance to at least 100 metres, and recalculate to lux at one meter.

Nice indoor beamshots PSM !!

Regards,

Ra.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ra, yeah I was just being silly :D It'd probably have a donut at that close up. But now I am kind of curious if one were to recalculate... Hmmm. lol

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
I thought those 2 lights on at the same time was going to start a fire in your kitchen! :) Nice indoor beamshots.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Rayne said:
I thought those 2 lights on at the same time was going to start a fire in your kitchen! :) Nice indoor beamshots.

I thought that you were going to say that turning on both those lights at the same time would tear apart the time / space continuum...hehe

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
Ra, yeah I was just being silly :D It'd probably have a donut at that close up. But now I am kind of curious if one were to recalculate... Hmmm. lol

Ohh, that explanes things :ohgeez:!! Sorry I reacted to seriously.

With the bigger arc, the BB would propably burn a hole in your lux-sensor at close range!!

Regards,

Ra.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Is their any other handheld (Production) searchlight that even compares to the BB? I cant believe how bright that sucker is! The pics dont do justice. I think that both of those lights are going to the grave with me. :D

NAW

Enlightened
I don't think there is any production handheld light that compares to the BB. Only thing that will smoke it is personal mods (LK12, Ken3, Ken4, Ken5, Sleeper, etc).

Which is exactly why I'm gonna get myself a BB. :sold:

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
NAW said:
I don't think there is any production handheld light that compares to the BB. Only thing that will somke it is personal mods (LK12, Ken3, Ken4, Ken5, Sleeper, etc). Which is exactly why I'm gonna get myself a BB.

Did you buy the upgraded one Lips is selling (sold?).

NAW

Enlightened
XeRay said:
Did you buy the upgraded one Lips is selling (sold?).

From my understanding that was sold to member "Gadge".

I'm close to having the proper funds for this light... the only barrier would be to get someone to let theres go. :touche:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
NAW said:
From my understanding that was sold to member "Gadge".

I'm close to having the proper funds for this light... the only barrier would be to get someone to let theres go.

Well, "Lips" unit does not have ANY warranty on the upgrade components, since the upgrade was purchased and provided to him against the well understood "published honor" terms of sale of the upgrade Group buy. :tsk:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1829544&postcount=1

BTW, honey is far more effective than vinegar.....:rant:

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
XeRay said:
Well, "Lips" unit does not have ANY warranty either since the upgrade was purchased and provided to him against the well understood "published honor" terms of sale of the upgrade Group buy. :tsk:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1829544&postcount=1

True, but these babies are of such obvious high quality, that I seriously doubt a 2nd/3rd buyer would be sorry.

I wonder how many of us have two BB's?

chasm22

Newly Enlightened
"enjoy your rare look into the PSM compound.."

It may be a rare look, but I bet your kitchen is well done with both of those babies cooking on high:).

I've never seen a Maxabeam in person. Your beamshots have really put the emphasis on just how tight their beams are. That's an insanely focused hotspot. :wow:

Chuck

tdurand

Enlightened
chasm22 said:
"enjoy your rare look into the PSM compound.."

It may be a rare look, but I bet your kitchen is well done with both of those babies cooking on high:).

I've never seen a Maxabeam in person. Your beamshots have really put the emphasis on just how tight their beams are. That's an insanely focused hotspot. :wow:

Chuck

The even cooler thing is seeing that hotspot tighten with the electric focus. Total awesome-ness.

:rock:

T

Latest posts