New Knife for Rescue Workers

Marduke

Flashaholic
I know a lot of you around here work as rescue personnel (and that's where you get to use that awesome flashlight every day) and thought you might be interested in a new knife offered this year by one of the best manufactures out there.
vicrescuetoolay0.jpg

It's the Victorinox Rescue Tool. It can break windows, cut through safety glass and seat belts with specialized tools for each (an replaceable blades too!!). Main blade is one hand open (even through gloves) and locks in place. They can be found on Amazon for $52, and elsewhere probably lower. More info is linked below:

http://www.victorinox.ch/index.cfm?site=victorinox.ch&page=491&lang=E

Monocrom

Flashaholic
See that curved blade in the pic? The one that curves downward and is just underneath the main blade. That's the seatbelt cutter.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
I wonder why a rescue tool lacks an implement to open bottles of alcoholic drinks?

The flat screwdriver/bottle opener is the bottom tool in the picture I attached. What it's missing is a can opener, which is no big deal since this is a rescue/EDC knife and not a survival/camping knife. And no, I don't work for SAK, I just love Victorinox.