TnC "C" Flex bodies

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris and Eric (Bogus1 on CPF) TnC have been busy! TnC SF modular series was released awhile ago, TnC Keylux AA has been upgraded to share cannisters (Light Engines and drivers) TnC SF series adapt to Surefire "E" series and McGizmo Aleph .

I just purchased the soon to be released "C" flex bodies that allow "C" Li-on cells (3.7V, 3300mah, purchased from AW) to be used with per Eric, "E Series, C Series, TnC, VIP, and now Mr Bulk Lionheart/Cub etc." I believe that perhaps adapters may be built for Surefire Turboheads and maybe Mag incandescent heads. (speculation and rumor on my part :grin2:).

I prefer the Surefire knurled "style" bodies and purchased a "C" body and also extender for (2) cells. I don't have any cannisters or LE's that allow (2), however, with time that should change! Eric has posted pictures of "diamond" and other designs of "C" bodies in TnC thread.

The one cell body has a McClickie integrated into the tail and rumor also says that "twisties" will be designed and built.

213968170-M.jpg

(1) cell w/clickie (Left) batteries, Extender
213968691-M.jpg

123 cell, 20mm head, 18650 body, 18650 cell, "C" cell and body, extender w/ C cell
213968709-M.jpg

TnC "C" adapter w Seoul cannister, 27mm head, Aleph3 with LE, TnC C body and cell, E and Aleph adapter (L to R)
213968683-M.jpg

Tailcap McClicie and extender
213968870-M.jpg

C body, TnCadapter with Seoul cannister, 27mm head.

Continued below!

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
213968725-M.jpg

C cell body, E series (Aleph) adapter, Aleph 3 head with LE
213968759-M.jpg

213968395-M.jpg

TnC 27mm Head with Seoul cannister
213968800-M.jpg
213968833-M.jpg

LumaPower D Mini, TnC C, TnC 18650 w/20mm
213968432-M.jpg

Finally for fun, Aleph with extender for comparison!
Aleph3 Head

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Performance of "C" flex body is as with other single cell bodies, obviously run time is greatly increased and gives more options.

Hopefully Bogus1 can help answer any questions.

The workmanship is typical (IMO) TnC quality and the anodized versions should be exceptional.

jeffb

who

Newly Enlightened
Hello jeffb,
Wonderful pictures. I can see clearly the possibility and flexibility of one of the best Lego light system. :clap:Above and beyond using lights as tools, a few Lego systems make the hobby much more fun. I have M, C, E, Aleph, and now TnC Lego system.

Hi Bogus1,
Please make a 20mm "Mule" head for the TnC. Because of the TnC "light engine in the body" design, it is just a shortened regular head. I will buy at least a couple.

Thank you.

Gizzy

Newly Enlightened
I can't wait to get my hands on some of these C bodies for some crazy runtimes:D

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot for posting your review! I think it takes a bit of a learning curve to see what the C-Flex can do and you have helped much.

Yes we have a twisty tail, both in solid form for high draw and single stage use. We also have a twisty using the Mc2Es for a two stage function. The twist tail can be seen on the tall 'Dragon Back' milled tube with the 3" BBH turbohead and in the pic below using the same tube but on a C Series Surefire head, in this case a KL3.

The two stage twist tail can work with a bare aluminum tube but the single stage twist will only work on anodized lights. All these twist tails have a threaded insert for a threaded lanyard attachment that can be unscrewed to reduce weight further if desired. In addition we could make the threads tripod compatible if there is demand, otherwise this is just an extra machine step that adds cost. The light can tail stand with the lanyard attachment threaded in if the lanyard is removed.

In the pic below I have an example of all the heads you mentioned in your first post. I am not showing the TnC SF-Series heads or the E Series or Alephs as you posted these yourself. Yes, we are building even more adaptors than these to fit even more heads.

dscn21970004barecflexgrfc3.jpg

Below is a TnC version of an aspheric! The Q5 in this works very nicely with the flupic driver in the TnC canister. It's an easy change out to go from the ultimate throw to the ultimate flood by removing the lense, removing the head, or using the TnC Lantern Heads.

dscn21930001barecflexbuek5.jpg

This picture shows the C-Flex 1x C Dragon Back tube and twist tail with a 1xC lobed extender on a C-Flex to Surefire C Series head adaptor (in this case KL3). This same setup will run a Surefire KT TH or other C Series heads in various setups. This is a more straight forward setup than the pic below.

dscn22000001barecflex2xtj4.jpg

The bottom pic shows a Surefire KT TH with a TnC E>TH adaptor on a C-Flex E series adaptor on a C-Flex 1x C extender which in turn is on a C-Flex 1x C cell tube/integrated tail switch, or in this case a solid twist tail. Wow try saying that fast three time in a row:sick2: The McClicky is good for lower wattage incandescant bulbs, but the twist tail is a low resistance switch that can run high wattage setups.

Hi who, I hear you. The Crees lend themselves to some nice uses. As the head does come off leaving the canister intact with the TnC SF-Series and C-Flex lights you can have a flood without a head if your are careful. In addition there is the TnC Lantern for a very nice broad dispersion pattern. However I think a short head with a lens would be a nice addition to the ever growing number of parts we are making, stocking and trying to keep track of! We've been discussing this for a while. Anyhow I do like the idea of swapping out an aspheric head and putting on a tiny Cree flood head for the ultimate combo. We do have many ideas on the table and in process for the C-Flex including entirely new applications, parts and heads.

Last edited: