• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph McClickie-Mule Sets Wave**SOLD**

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

I have a good number of Aleph McClickie-Mule sets now finished and all they need is for you to screw in a Light Engine that you provide. These were designed to host a Cree-XR Can light engine but they also provide a quite viable and useful hosting of any of the other Light Engines which are compatible with single cell (CR123 size) format.

Here is an old Luxeon LightEngine that has found new life in an AMc-Mule:

AMc-Mule-LuxeonLE.jpg

I have some experimental light engines that host some Nichia SMD LED's as well as a Rebel test LightEngine and these all work nicely in the Aleph Mule head. With LED's that have a lambertian distribution pattern, there is more light lost but the flood of light that does get out the front is quite useful and substantial.

Back to these sets... I have 140 sets of the EN Nickel plating available and 60 sets of a black nickel plating. Black is misleading but that's what it is called. [The body and head are 6061T6 aluminum. The Clip is 6-4 Ti. Mineral Glass window. Battery size: single CR123 or equivalent. Light Engine not included in the set. McClickie switch in tail of battery pak]

EN-Black-set-side.jpg

EN-Black-set.jpg

I can see where black can be used as a descriptive term relative to the normal nickel but it isn't black and it isn't uniform and it isn't easy to photograph or describe. I am going to use a number of terms that I think will fit for the population of these and they are not all the same!

Mottled, distressed, milky, bronzed, aged darkened copper, crankcase oil.... There are irregularities in the depth and color of the film and light effects what you see as well as reflections off the surface itself. The machine shop told me they had one plating shop that was doing a new process of black nickel and I said cool, something different yet still functional since the black nickel film is electrically conductive. I didn't know what to expect and now that I look at these, I am not sure how to describe them. Different, funky, unique, aged? :shrug: I know, it's a black nickel finish and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. For some there may be no beauty here at all for others maybe there is.

The black nickel finish was more expensive than the EN but not as much as I had been led to believe. I think it is an appropriate color for a mule. :D

Anyway to the details.

These are being offered as complete sets lacking only the Light Engine. I have included a MCPET disk that works well with the Cree XR LE's but would need some trimming and experimenting if used with a different LE. The price on either Black or EN is $105 plus shipping and any insurance requested.

If you wish to get one or more of these, please put AlephMc-Mule Set(s) in the subject line of an e-mail to me and in the body of the e-mail be clear and concise on whether you want EN or Black and please include your CPF name as well as real name and shipping address. Also specify if you want specific shipping or insurance. By default, I will ship these via Priority Mail (domestic as well as international).

**** LE's ALL SOLD OUT ******
Regarding light engines, I do have 16 LE's I built which are the NexGen 400's like I used in the first wave of completed AlephMcClickie-Mules. If you want one of these installed in a set to make a complete light, the price is $175 plus shipping and any insurance. Please in your e-mail order specify that you want a complete AlephMc-Mule with LE and mention the price of $175 so that there will be no confusion (hopefully).
**** LE's ALL SOLD OUT

Personally, I think the best possible LE for these sets at present is the GDuP LE offered by the shoppe. Three easily accessed levels of light from the clickie switch is hard to beat, IMHO.

Recap:

EN or Black AlephMc-Mule set (LE not included) - $105 plus shipping & insurance
EN or Black AlephMc-Mule complete with NG400 LE - $175 plus shipping & insurance (limited by only 16 of these LE's***SOLD OUT***)

My general Lights & Ordering Info (Please be familiar with how I handle my offerings)

After I receive an e-mail order from you I will either respond with an acknowledgment and let you know you are in the queue or if I can process the order in a timely fashion, I will skip that step and respond with postage notification. Some of you have not been able to get through to me so if you have not received some type of response within 24 hours, please post here. Now it really helps if your e-mail and your post here has some common link in terms of a name or something!?!?! :ohgeez:

Well thanks for looking and if there are any questions, please post them here for others to benefit as well.

12-29-07
The LE's (NG400 mA Light engines are now all sold out) Sets without light engines are still available.
2-1-08
All black sets are now gone. The EN finish is still available

Last edited:

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
Re: Aleph McClickie-Mule Sets Wave

1 Black Nickle Set w/o light engine please.

:paypal:

Last edited:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Email sent for a Black AlephMc-Mule set (LE not included).

Thanks Don,

schiesz

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

:awman:...the elusive 3-level clicky arrives, I catch the wave early, and I'm already tapped out of cash for the month.

Last edited:

iconoclast

Enlightened

I was going to skip this wave and save my pennies for certain future waves, but the black nickel has be intrigued. Email sent for one.

billybright

Enlightened

Don, Email sent (to both your email address's) for one EN Mule w/LE & one black minus LE :twothumbs
(I hope my email reaches you this wave)

Thanks!

James

Last edited:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

E-mail sent for one Black AlephMc-Mule set (LE not included)

Off to the Shoppe...

alex in germany

Newly Enlightened

Hi,

cool, i have a GDuP shipped to me.

Im in for a Black AlephMc-Mule set (LE not included).

best regards, Alex

tdurand

Enlightened

Shipment confirmed via email. Thanks Don! Lightning quick!

:paypal:

Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year my man!
Thanks!
T

alauda

Enlightened

email sent for one of each, no engines

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just got my email confirmation. :paypal:

It will be interesting to watch this TIDAL wave hit. 200 lights, priced very close to $100. Very different dynamics on this one compared to 50 $400 lights. 4 times cheaper, 4 times as many people get to play.

Thanks,

schiesz

Last edited:

Latest posts