Cutter Optic Comparison

StevelKnievel

Newly Enlightened
I had a chance to take some shots comparing Cutter's two new optics with the two Khatod optics. These lights are all triple Cree Q5s running 700-750mA. The light with the 4deg optic has WH tint Crees, the other three are WG tint. All shots 5sec f2.8 Canon A620.

4deg Cutter optic:
IMG_2808.jpg

10deg Khatod optic:
IMG_2806.jpg

14deg Cutter optic:
IMG_2805.jpg

25deg Khatod optic:
IMG_2804.jpg

The chairs are spaced 20ft apart and the white lattice is 80ft in front of the bike.

znomit

Enlightened
The 4 degree looks like a fantastic road light.

Im putting one together now (with R2s ;) ), haven't had it running off the bench yet so these shots are great. I have stuck a ledil 8x25 oval filter on the front, I cut it down so it covers just half of one sub lens, the idea is it will throw a little light out the sides to help with cornering in the twisties. Saw a pic online somewhere that had this done. Will rig up a battery over the holidays and post shots (its going to be dynamo driven).

HEY HEY ITS HENDO

Enlightened
fantastic! Thanks very much Steve
wow i just love that 25drgree flood :eek: but there is a fair amount of light thrown too high and wasted........
I think i need a fan shaped beam :sigh:

znomit your idea sounds good ............:popcorn: waitin for beamshots,

znomit

Enlightened
fantastic! Thanks very much Steve
wow i just love that 25drgree flood :eek: but there is a fair amount of light thrown too high and wasted........
I think i need a fan shaped beam :sigh:

znomit your idea sounds good ............:popcorn: waitin for beamshots,

Ok, here is my new lighthead and beamshot with the oval filter.
The filter is this one:
http://www.ledsupply.com/l2-optx-1-825s.php
An oval 8x25 I had 3 left over from a previous light. I chopped one down to just cover half of one sub-optic but this baby is so bright I think I can afford to spread it more, so Im covering a whole sub-optic.

Aluminium section light head with cutter3 narrow optic over R2s and oval filter :
HUB1.jpg

Beam shot on ceiling:
Spread is about 30-35 degrees.
HUB2.jpg

Beam is not perfectly symmetrical, I just had it resting on top of the lens, have since cut it down and RTV'd it in place. Hopefully it will look better when the RTV sets.