Headlight comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

SemiMan

Banned
Re: AW: Headlight comparison

Remember, photos of headlamps and beam patterns are all but useless.

Agreed, though there should be no difference in beam patterns or at least little. I was more interested in up against a wall or garage door to get a feel for any color temp difference and some idea of intensity difference.

Semiman

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened

Useless for scientific comparisons, but not useless for everything. One look against a wall was all it took to show me that what comes out of those cheap imported "same as OEM" fog lights for my Corolla is nothing like a fog beam - and set me shopping for genuine Toyota OEM lamps (right after I kicked myself).

Also, shining my first auxiliary HID lamp against a wall, then inverting it, opened my eyes when the beam shape changed. Realizing gravity has an effect on the shape of the plasma, same as it would on a flame if I inverted a candle or kerosene lamp, made me think. Now I wonder if HID lamps on a car or motorcycle will change beam shape in hard turns, on very rough roads or even under severe braking or acceleration.

We'll look forward to your opinion of the Xtreme Power bulbs. In my case, they were not magic; I just saw a bit "whiter" light and a bit brighter and better beam (as far as I could tell). I'm pleased with the result.

dave_b

Newly Enlightened

We'll look forward to your opinion of the Xtreme Power bulbs. In my case, they were not magic; I just saw a bit "whiter" light and a bit brighter and better beam (as far as I could tell). I'm pleased with the result.

Agreed. While not magic, a high quality bulb definitely is more pleasant to drive behind. I like the output of my Osram 65W H7. Compared to the standard halogens its a noticeable difference. It may have more to do with the improved beam focus, but either way its nice.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will probably need to go LED to get the kind of dramatic effect I am after, but I was told thats not legal for my car so I guess I'll have to use another forum for that advice.

Sure, you're free to get bad advice elsewhere, or you can participate here and get good advice if you keep your rule violations to a minimum (which, in this best of all possible worlds, would be 0).

Your image is hotlinked, it's way oversized (1221x687, 1.37MB), both of which are in violation of Rule #3. Your use of large fonts and multiple colors, while not against the rules, sets a somewhat aggressive tone for your post, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Joe7dust, you persist in advocating illegal automotive lighting, which is a violation of CPF Rule 11. Closing this thread.

Bill

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.