• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ~ 18650 Aleph & Surefire E-series Compatible Body SALES THREAD ~

Bob_G

Enlightened
Re: ~ 18650 Aleph & E-series Compatible Body SALES THREAD ~

m offering free shipping for all domestic orders and $7.50 off for international orders!
Hey, I'm a son, so do I get a $7.50 refund?

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, I'm a son, so do I get a $7.50 refund?

Yes of course I will do that for you. In fact it's already done! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

labrat

Enlightened

Is this refund for all sons?
(Hope you have shipped both my bodies, the knurled/anodized as well as the grooved/non-collared?)

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Body was recieved on saturday. Very nice work Brian! The machine work is as nice or nicer (more nice?) than any production light body I have seen. Keep up the good work!:)

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Received my natural, non-collared today. The quality is excellent. Great work Brian!

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

Got mine today too! I can't wait to get home and get a head & tail on it! Finally, my 18650 batts are getting some use!
Pics to come, hopefully!
john

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Added a KL4 and a McTC to my non-collared, natural body and it looks decent. Color match with the McTC's is good. I'd prefer an A19 head, but I haven't come up with a magnet/spacer that works with that head yet. I'm using one of the larger Leef spacers with the KL4.

Had a little trouble with the 18650's. Three of the four AW cells I have and the one older, blue no-name cell shorted against the body near the tailcap. The problematic 18650's have very little insulator/wrapper on the tail end (much less than any of the CR123A's I checked). I tried a quick fix with an o-ring, but I would have had to stretch the tailcap spring. I guess if I have to use those cells, I'll just cut a doughnut out of electrical tape. Fortunately, one of the AW cells had just enough insulator.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm glad everyone is pleased with the bodies. They were a ton of work, much more than I anticipated. Had I known how much work it was I may not have taken on the project.

Regarding batteries and head combinations... Yes sometimes it may take a little fiddling to get the head battery combination to work but that's because there is no standard. I did my best to accommodate the current protected cells.

BTW In case you loose the instruction sheet and want another I can email you a PDF of it. Also if anyone knows of a decent free file hosting site I can upload the file there too.

Nebula

Enlightened

Brian - I received my two bodies on Friday. WOW! They turned out terrific. Excellent craftsmanship and an instruction sheet to boot. Great job on this project. You deserve big Kudos for turning out these elegant pieces.

If anyone is on the fence get off now, and order one of these bodies before they are gone. You will not be disappointed.

Kirk

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Added a KL4 and a McTC to my non-collared, natural body and it looks decent. Color match with the McTC's is good. I'd prefer an A19 head, but I haven't come up with a magnet/spacer that works with that head yet. I'm using one of the larger Leef spacers with the KL4.

Had a little trouble with the 18650's. Three of the four AW cells I have and the one older, blue no-name cell shorted against the body near the tailcap. The problematic 18650's have very little insulator/wrapper on the tail end (much less than any of the CR123A's I checked). I tried a quick fix with an o-ring, but I would have had to stretch the tailcap spring. I guess if I have to use those cells, I'll just cut a doughnut out of electrical tape. Fortunately, one of the AW cells had just enough insulator.
You may have to reposition the LE in your A19 head, the lip of the can should be flush with the back of the head...

VerbalK

Newly Enlightened

bodies received two days ago. Very great work !
Now i'm waiting for the MM's tailcaps.
thanks
Philippe

Reima

Enlightened

I got mine yesterday, haven't had a chance to check it out as yet.
RC

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

bodies received two days ago. Very great work !
Now i'm waiting for the MM's tailcaps.
thanks
Philippe

Glad you like them. We'll have to see about tail caps.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

PP sent for blemished Black non-colarred body.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
My collared bodies arrived a couple of days ago, and they're fantastically well made. Great build quality and I also love the fact that 2 x CR123s can be used with no battery rattle.

Now I just some matching tailcaps...

Bob_G

Enlightened
Got mine today. Works fine. Excellent attention to detail. I know looks don't really matter, but this thing looks spectacular with an A19 head, oh my.