Flashaholic Husband to the Rescue

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife had to work late last night, and just as my son and I were sitting down to dinner(around 6:30pm), my wife calls all panicked out. She is parked in a remote part of the parking lot where there is very little light, and her car won't start, and it's like 38 degrees outside. So, like the good flashaholic husband that I am, I pack my Novatac 120P, ML1, G2L with WolfEyes HO 190 lumen LED, and my U2 just for good measure. She also has an E1L in her purse. Well, anyway, I get there and she asks me if I brought a good flashlight with me. Can you just imagine?....The very nerve of her!!! Asking me....An incurable, die hard flashaholic if I brought a flashlight to a night time emergency situation!!!!! Well, I saved her anyway with a quick jump....Even though she had insulted me. The battery was dead, and I mean real dead. It wouldn't even take a charge. So, off to Sam's this morning for a new battery. But really!!!! Did you bring a good light with you???? :ohgeez:

Last edited:

IcantC

Enlightened
Re: Flashaholic to the Rescue

You should have flashed her to show you were packing :D.

Also, use this as an excuse to go buy a new light... Say I needed to buy a "good" flashlight.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I saw how many lights you were packin', I thought maybe your plan was to somehow use the flashlights to give her a jump! :grin2:

Dantor

Enlightened
The nerve of her! (you must really be good at covert flashlight buying, any tips?)

jugg2

Enlightened
You should buy/build her one of Mac's "Torches". That way, she can build a fire to stay warm while she waits for you.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
You carried FOUR flashlights to jump-start a car? Man, talk about overkill... it's something that could be done with a fauxton, for Pete's sake. Actually, if you have a general idea of the setup of the engine bay you can probably do it with no light at all, going just by touch. :D

JimmyB

Enlightened
You carried FOUR flashlights to jump-start a car? Man, talk about overkill... it's something that could be done with a fauxton, for Pete's sake. Actually, if you have a general idea of the setup of the engine bay you can probably do it with no light at all, going just by touch. :D

If it had been my wife I would have taken four or MORE lights but it would have taken me so long to decide which ones to take that by the time I got to her she would have already been rescued by some hot Latino stud and would be gone!

paulr

Flashaholic
My wife had to work late last night, and just as my son and I were sitting down to dinner(around 6:30pm), my wife calls all panicked out. She is parked in a remote part of the parking lot where there is very little light, and her car won't start, and it's like 38 degrees outside. So, like the good flashaholic husband that I am, I pack my Novatac 120P, ML1, G2L with WolfEyes HO 190 lumen LED, and my U2 just for good measure. She also has an E1L in her purse. Well, anyway, I get there and she asks me if I brought a good flashlight with me. Can you just imagine?....The very nerve of her!!! Asking me....An incurable, die hard flashaholic if I brought a flashlight to a night time emergency situation!!!!! Well, I saved her anyway with a quick jump....Even though she had insulted me. The battery was dead, and I mean real dead. It wouldn't even take a charge. So, off to Sam's this morning for a new battery. But really!!!! Did you bring a good light with you???? :ohgeez:

What? How did you manage to jump the battery without a headlamp? :D

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bond....I think that you should take this opportunity to explain to your wife the benefits of you buying that Surefire M6 that you've been itchin' to get!

:thumbsup:

Patriot

Flashaholic
When she asked if you brought a good light you should have flashed her with the 190 lumens and exclaimed, "Ka-chow" like Lightning McQueen does in Cars...

pf_1768393_b.jpg

:nana:

Illum

Flashaholic

what! 4 lights and no headlamp? :twak:
I dunno if they've been weeded out but i remember jumping a truck of sorts with the battery terminals on the SIDE rather than the TOP...those were a PITA to jump with no light at night

tedjanxt

Enlightened
what! 4 lights and no headlamp? :twak:
I dunno if they've been weeded out but i remember jumping a truck of sorts with the battery terminals on the SIDE rather than the TOP...those were a PITA to jump with no light at night

That type of battery was built specifically for cramped engine compartment vehicles. When I was 16 I worked at a Trak Auto and we even sold a type of jumper cable with flipout clips to latch on to them, also conversion kits to top post style.

And yes, everyone hated them, especially at night. My old man was one of them. His 4.3L Chevy S10 had those stupid sideposts...he cracked his knuckles every time trying to get to 'em...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
If it had been my wife I would have taken four or MORE lights but it would have taken me so long to decide which ones to take that by the time I got to her she would have already been rescued by some hot Latino stud and would be gone!

That's just how it would have gone for me, too. :laughing:

Geoff

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Forget the insult, you now have every Flashaholic husband's dream.... an incident you can bring up anytime your wife even remotely questions you about buying a new light....

"Honey, did you buy a new light?"

"Well dear, do you remember that time that you were trapped in a dark parking lot on a cold night, with a dead battery?....." :devil:

Last edited:

dmonay

Newly Enlightened
Awesome flashlight collection !!:D I'm impressed. :eek:oo:
Women sometimes can be so out of tune to the little important things. Like carrying a light (or four!) to a rescue operation like your dead battery rescue.
Btw bondr006, where did you get all those cool lanyards? Did you make them or buy them?
If you made them, where did you get all those little black end thingies?

Last edited:

Latest posts