Coast/David 15, AA Mod. seoul to the max, PICS ADDED!

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive had a coast AA light,some say same as David 15,its nicely made light that uses an optic.Very skinny for an AA light,really easy to fit in my front pocket . Almost like a AAA.I always liked the beam for close up flood,but it was a bit weak by todays standard.
First I put a seoul in it from Photon fanatic,It helped some but not as much as I expected,So i order a 3.7 v driver from DX that runs 1000ma.Seoul to the max, Now,WOW it is bright ,still great flood and good spill for an optic.The sepul puts out a lot of light with a lion 14500 at 1000 ma!:p. Heat has not been a issue, it gets warm but not hot after 5 min.I have not done any runtime yet.
As for brightness,using the bounce test it is as bright as nitecore NDI.Nice even and large spot!
Overall much better,pics and beamshots to follow!

Last edited:

Stromberg

Enlightened
Re: Coast /David 15 AA Mod seoul to the max

Nice! I have rechargeable(14500) Led Lenser David 19 and would really like to mod it with Seoul, but there is always risk of accidental breakage..:mecry:

Waiting for your beamshots.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast

worst part was getting the ground to not ground out.look at dx website and look for the 3.7 v driver. Do it soon as it took forever to get the driver.
It was worth the trouble,I like the momentary switch,and its REALLY bright!:naughty:Im guessing 120 to 140 lumens,based on NDI output.It totally demolishes my novatac 85.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have been wanting to do the same to mine. Thanks for the info. Do you have the sku or a link of what driver you got from kai?

:popcorn:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast

pics here!

The light,seould led ,DX driver 1000ma,3.7 lion AA battery.

Coast beam shot,looks more floody in person,camera did not capture all its spill(yes spill from an optic)

Nitecore NDI beamshot.More defined hot spot.

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
outdoor shots,Different beams,but id have to say they are pretty evenly matched.
Coast

Nitecore NDI

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone try there own mods yet?
I wish there were an easier place to get drivers from.Dx and such take a long time,and there stock changes faster than new england weather!