The Ultimate Ghost Hunters Flashlight (See it to believe it)!!

Delta

Enlightened
Oh....my....Gawd.

I couldn't believe what I saw on the cover of my new Security Cameras Direct catalog.

It's like a Flashlight and a DVR had sex and had this for a baby.....

mpe1019fl.jpg

You're right...it's a FLASHLIGHT WITH A RECORDING IR DVR CAMERA BUILT IN!!!! AAAAGH!

Might be more interesting if I modded it to have either a 3W Red LuxIII LED or a 1 or 3watt IR LED for the main beam...instead of a LuxIII (yawn!) main beam.

Evern though it's pretty expensive....you gotta admit, that pretty cool!!

More details: http://www.scdlink.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=4484&category=0

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could probably get milky to mash together something brighter, longer running and with a better camera for less money ;)

daimleramg

Banned
For $550.00USD how come it doesnt have a CCD sensor? instead of CMOS? I have a Nokia N95 takes 5MP still pictures and records video at VGA mode which is 640*480.

Also instead of 3 Ni-MH C sized cells why not 1 C li-ion? for $550.00USD it should include those.

Seems like they want to charge a premium price for low budget parts.

Delta

Enlightened
You could probably get milky to mash together something brighter, longer running and with a better camera for less money ;)

If that were doable I'd probably have to jump on it.

I don't think it's all that practical, but as a Ghost Hunter with a Flashlight and gear fetish, it's cool just because it's different.

Last edited:

cyberpunk

Newly Enlightened
Oh....my....Gawd.

I couldn't believe what I saw on the cover of my new Security Cameras Direct catalog.

It's like a Flashlight and a DVR had sex and had this for a baby.....

mpe1019fl.jpg

You're right...it's a FLASHLIGHT WITH A RECORDING IR DVR CAMERA BUILT IN!!!! AAAAGH!

Might be more interesting if I modded it to have either a 3W Red LuxIII LED or a 1 or 3watt IR LED for the main beam...instead of a LuxIII (yawn!) main beam.

Evern though it's pretty expensive....you gotta admit, that pretty cool!!

More details: http://www.scdlink.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=4484&category=0

I like it!

I can picture all kinds of fun uses for this thing! :)

werdnawee

Newly Enlightened
Delta,

What do you do as a ghost hunter?? (NO PICTURES PLEASE as I won't be able to go on my nightly walks ever again :eek:)

And would a ghost even show up on video (AGAIN, NO VIDEO EVIDENCE REQUIRED)

SureFiredUp

Newly Enlightened
that may just be the ultimate specialty light.

did you see a few weeks ago when they had a ghost in a bathroom turn their flashlight on and off for them? they promised to leave the light for the ghost, placed it on the floor and the spook actually turned the dang thing on and off. the ghost of a flashaholic. :twothumbs

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
so, with that "light" one can hunt and pic ghosts,
but what to use to shoot them then
:thinking:

Delta

Enlightened
Delta,

What do you do as a ghost hunter?? (NO PICTURES PLEASE as I won't be able to go on my nightly walks ever again :eek:)

And would a ghost even show up on video (AGAIN, NO VIDEO EVIDENCE REQUIRED)

What do I do? Check out the link in my sigline.

As for whether or not the camera would pick it up....here is a screen capture with the area of interest enhanced from our last clients DVR system in the affected area. This took place over one frame of video...less than a second. So yeah, it can catch weird stuff, but you just have to really pay attention when you watch it.

You didn't say anything about "screen captures" :faint:

Apparition2.jpg

dom

Enlightened
What a cool hobby.
That is a very clear picture of that girls face -what is she holding do you think? Look like maybe a baby or dog.

Can you get head mounted cam/IR -sure i've seen them in movies before? :)

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im with Delta, it would just be another useful gadget on a gh hunt.......All in one flashlight and also a dvr.......should be bright enough for walk-throughs. And the best part for me is that it also takes SD cards, so one is able to extend the recording time.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
:nana::grin2:Has anyone tried a UV light on a ghost!!!

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
We seem to be having more and more threads on Ghost Hunting..

Looks like a great idea with not so great quality. Although it could be better, it is pretty nifty looking :)

Delta

Enlightened
We seem to be having more and more threads on Ghost Hunting..

It's a good hobby for flashaholics...we spend a lot of time running around in the dark. I also like to experiement with dfferent light sources, and now that I am learning to mod I hope to build a better illuminator...was thinking about taking a Ultrafire C2 with 18650s and swapping out the LED for a Kai 1 or 3 watt IR LED....be a hell of a lot better than the useless Sony ones that have a whopping 8 IR LEDs (5mm) in them.

IR light sources are always useful...I use UV sometimes too. And my personal experience tells me that some (negative) entities do not care for bright light....So hopefully someday (just not MY house!) I'll run into one again and get a chance to see how they like Cree.

I have quite a few ideas brewing at any given moment that combines both of my hobbies...flashlights and ghosts.