1x AAA EDC that starts in Medium?

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
May just need to have the threads cleaned of grit and grease with some Isopropyl alcohol. Superlube works nice on the Tool for lube, but avoid Silicone Grease as I believe the o-rings are silicone and will shred since they will swell.

Also check the board in the head and make sure there isn't any grease shoved down there.
The light should turn on with a clicky and then can be used either as a twist or clicky.

Muse

Newly Enlightened
Are these always stiff to turn at the point where the light will turn on?

I gave up and just removed the O-ring. Now it turns nice and easy, probably too easy, but if I give it ~30 degrees turn I don't think it will turn on inadvertently in my pocket. Talking about the Lumintop Tool 1x AAA EDC here...

I think I can live with it in this condition, with the O-ring in there, I don't see how it's practical at all!

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Surprised noone said anything about the newest version of his light the olight i3s, starts on med. 20,80,.5 lumens. Hidden strobe, reversable clip, tailstands, and 20 bucks if on sale.

Yep ^^^^^^^^^^ I've gifted at least 20 of these lights. Much better quality than the predecessor too.

-

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
… I gave up and just removed the O-ring. Now it turns nice and easy
I also remove the O ring from my new Copper Maratac AAA twisty, and from my Copper Worm. It helps me use them easily one handed.

But fwiw, the Tool is a clickie, if you wanted a twisty the Tool would not be my first choice, I prefer the Maratac unless you want the N219 Tool or Worm. I put the worm head on my Maratac body, thereby accomplishing Lego N219 Maratac. fyi the Maratac head wont light on the Worm body..
IMG_0203.JPG

The Olight i3s 0.50 lumen low is still my favorite light when I wake up in the middle of the night, to see the bathroom floor without being blinded. Tools (3-5lumen low depending on LED), Worms (3-5lumen low), and Maratacs (1.5 lumen low) are blinding in that setting.

Latest posts