2010 Shot Show Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Alright, the last times I've been in Vegas I've stayed at CircusCircus, Sahara, and The Riviera.

I'd prefer to try something else this time, but still something cheap :p
The Stratosphere and Imperial Palace both seem to be possibly the best options. Anyone have any advice on which to pick? Any other suggestions?
Whatever I go with, I want to be on the strip. I'm leaning towards the Imperial Palace because it's more central in the strip, though the Stratosphere is a bit closer to the Convention Center.

I'm planning on getting there a few days early and wandering around a bit and doing stuff, something I haven't really had much of a chance to do on previous trips.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Alright, the last times I've been in Vegas I've stayed at CircusCircus, Sahara, and The Riviera.

I'd prefer to try something else this time, but still something cheap :p
The Stratosphere and Imperial Palace both seem to be possibly the best options. Anyone have any advice on which to pick? Any other suggestions?
Whatever I go with, I want to be on the strip. I'm leaning towards the Imperial Palace because it's more central in the strip, though the Stratosphere is a bit closer to the Convention Center.

I'm planning on getting there a few days early and wandering around a bit and doing stuff, something I haven't really had much of a chance to do on previous trips.

We stayed at the Statosphere in 08. Got quick service to the Show.

Bill

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of making my first SS appearance this year. The wife would like to see Vegas, and I would like to meet most of you guys.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Too bad the "Glass Pool Inn" is no longer there...nothing like waking up in the morning and looking out the 1" wide gap in your exposed block wall and seeing the 747's warming up for their daily departures! Ohhh the memories...

Look for us at the JETBeam USA booth #119.

Regards,
Flavio

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just booked my room at the MGM Grand. There is a promotion going on till Oct 22 that is perfect for the Shot Show. The room rate for 5 nights is $464!

They do not post these things on their home page. If you want to get in on it just send me an email and I will send you the promo-code and instructions. This is legitimate, I called them and asked them if I could give the code to my friends, they said yes.

The MGM Grand is a very nice place with as much to do there as any. It is also on the main monorail to the convention center. I have stayed there three time before. The place is enormous and takes some walking to get around in but it has many great restaurants.

Cheers
Dave

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Haven't gotten passes yet and went on line to check out info on SHOT. It is being held at the Sands Expo & Convention Center. Never been there.

Bill

MrMom

Enlightened
I booked two rooms this year. I'm not sure which place I'll end up at though. It will depend on where everyone else ends up at. I do know that some are at Circus Circus in the back.

Rates I secured are for a 7 night stay.

Imperial Palace upgraded room 7 nights $360.00
Circus Circus 7 nights back motel section $360.00

I won't be renting a car this year. Got way too worn out the last several years playing chauffeur on limited sleep. Being sleep deprived and all that extra driving made me a little grouchy which I feel bad about.

I am leaning on taking the Imperial Palace reservation because it is within walking distance to the show and dead center on the strip. I stayed there this spring.

BTW both rooms are booked Sun-Sun.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I booked two rooms this year. I'm not sure which place I'll end up at though. It will depend on where everyone else ends up at. I do know that some are at Circus Circus in the back.

Rates I secured are for a 7 night stay.

Imperial Palace upgraded room 7 nights $360.00
Circus Circus 7 nights back motel section $360.00

I won't be renting a car this year. Got way too worn out the last several years playing chauffeur on limited sleep. Being sleep deprived and all that extra driving made me a little grouchy which I feel bad about.

I am leaning on taking the Imperial Palace reservation because it is within walking distance to the show and dead center on the strip. I stayed there this spring.

BTW both rooms are booked Sun-Sun.

I hope you are going hiking with us on Sat!

MrMom

Enlightened
Data, I'm game for the hike. I'll bring the GPS loaded with geocaches. Any ideas on which mountain? Two years ago, Dan and I climbed Frenchman mountain during the day. It overlooks Nellis AFB. The fighter jets buzzed us real close. Cool!

Roth and buffets....Will anyone help me carry him out on a stretcher? It's Vegas, let the eating begin. LOL BTW, did you ever perfect your buffet pants?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
OK, just registered my self and wife, and reserved a room at the Imperial Palace. $175 for four nites, checking out Friday. Where is the party(s)?

Bill

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awww Man!

I'm temped to go...never been to Vegas and have no desire, but it would be nice to meet some fellow CPFers in person & Shot Show would be sweet!

BTW, if I do end up going, I'm totally down for some mountain hiking!

Don't you have to be in the industry to get in or something?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awww Man!

I'm temped to go...never been to Vegas and have no desire, but it would be nice to meet some fellow CPFers in person & Shot Show would be sweet!

BTW, if I do end up going, I'm totally down for some mountain hiking!

Don't you have to be in the industry to get in or something?

Mtn biking would be great but I will not have my bike with me. I am planning a hike on Saturday! Sure hope you can make it!

Cheers
Dave

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Dave, I wrote Hike....:poke::D

I'd really like to go, but need to find a way to get in...Any ideas?

Guns, Knives, Lights and Gear, sounds like a dream!!

I'm sure I can find a way to come up with the funds, but getting in is going to be my biggest problem so far.:(

Xanteen

Newly Enlightened
There will be a Surefire party Thursday night this year. It's going to be a big'un for all the LEO and military types. -X

Status
Not open for further replies.