Anyone intrested in a GTA get together?

ackbar

Enlightened
UPDATED: Anyone intrested in a GTA get together?

Would anyone be interested in a GTA get together? Perhaps meet up in High park after dark :D

Edit: Thursday November 13th, 2008 at 7:30pm.

Hookup will be at the Starbucks across the street. Second Floor.

Starbucks
2210 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M6S 1N4

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=l&hl=en...8&z=13&iwloc=A

Routes to our rendezvous location courtesy of Zero_Enigma. For those of use with broken internal GPSes :p
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2572305&postcount=107

Last edited:

ackbar

Enlightened
Round two on the backup date Attendees:
Ackbar, Tebore, Max Brightness, Centropolis

Potential Attendees:

July 30th Pics
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2576850&postcount=164

Ackbar - I will be bringing my LF5XT, NDI, Fenix L2D Q5, a modded photon freedom or fenix e0 with 365nm LED and my mag 85

Centropolis - I will bring my D80 and a tripod.

tebore - I'll bring what I can carry. For sure my EDC, My P7 HDS and my Mag64623.

husky20 - Will be there in spirit, on Bloor St. stealing my ride :p

rotncore - I plan to bring: G2, G2L, L4, L1 Cree, Mag 2D w/ Malkoff drop in, HDS Milky mod w/ Seoul, P1D-CE, TK10, ZebraLight H50

LEDninja - Is working on strapping a photon cannon to his rear end and showing up in style.. Wile E. Coyote style. Please contact him if you are able to provide assistance :p

My current EDCs are Ultrafire C3 Q5 head on a Civictor V1 body; L0D CE P4WD; UK 2AAA eLED.

I do not have a rucksack so my carrying options are limited. Thinking of:
MTE SSC-P7;
Dereelight CL1H v4 Q2 5A warm white LED;
Elektrolumens Minimak 14500 SSC-P4 Fraen optic cutdown minimag body;
Elektrolumens Lucidus XR-1 Cree XRE Cree optic (1AA but has survived 14500 for short periods);
Fenix L1T v2.0 RB80;
Spare 18650, 14500, 10440 batteries.
I have holsters for the lights above so I'll start to look like jtice in the picture (at least the belt part).

I do not think I'll bring my Elektrolumens 3x3W (TWOJ Luxeon, Fraen optics) My Little Friend (too heavy on top of the lights above) or my super floody MagLED 2C with dual layer Press n Seal (too big no holster).

Bradlee - My plan is to bring a U2, G2, T3, X5, 24/7, "Micromag", Streamlight Stylus and Brunton Glorb XB.

LumenHound - I could bring a pair of 2D MaxBlasters and plenty of crumpled up newspaper. :devil:

Zero_Enigma - I have is a 2xAA maglite NiteIze mod, 2xC Maglite retrofit LED, and my crazy DIY's which if I show up with that I may need access to a invertor or something for a soldering iron plug in or someone with a portable soldering iron for fix ups.

lightweaver -
I will be bringing the following:

Petzl Tikka XP headlamp
Fenix L2D Q5
Ultrafire WF-502B p60 Host (plus 1W UV Light & Xenon 3v drop in)
Trustfire TR801 Q5 (1 x 18650)
KD Q5 Buckle
Betalight Tritium green glowlight
Nitecore D10
Some flashlight accessories (Fenix red & white diffusers, red filter, Twofish Lock blocks, flashlight tripod clamp)

Does anyone have any green lasers to bring?

.....will also bring a camera & macro lens to take some cool closeups of the lights.

mosport - Riding down from the west end so if I don't make it to Starbucks then I'll find the group in High Park. I'll bring a DiNotte 200L, PB Superflash and P4 modded PT EOS for Zero_Enigma and other cyclists to check out, along with some modded ARCs and a P4 HDS B42.

RGB_LED - I can bring:
- Polished SF 6PD w/ Malkoff M60
- min-T custom-built aluminum 3xSSC P4 bike light
- Dereelight CL1H V3 w/ 3SD drop-in
- Nitecore EX10
- Zebralight H50 / H30
- Assorted Glo-toobs (Red, Blue, White)
- Spare 18650's, RCR123's

Max Brightness - I'll most likely be bringing 1 or 2 CR123 flashlights with some beam, shapers and color filters. I will also bring my Cree super thrower. Pretty cool light, but maybe not as cool as the name may suggest but it does give good throw in a small, stylish package.

I'll bring my GPS too. I've taken several distance measurements across grenadier pond to get a feel for the throw of my flashlights. Might be of some interest.

I'm going to leave this for another week to see if anyone else wants to attend and then we will set a hard date/time/location. Hope that is ok with everyone :D

Last edited:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be there. I mentioned something like this 2 years ago but never happened.
I mentioned High Park as well. I'm actually located near the highpark area.

ackbar

Enlightened
You would think that we could muster more than 3 flashaholics in the GTA area. Comon people... :p

Centropolis

Enlightened
I am in for sure! But I am still a newbie and don't have a big collection yet so don't laugh at me when I show up with all my sub-$80 lights! :) No nice limited editions or titaniums....

Hey I won't mind meeting if we get 5 people........

ackbar

Enlightened
I am in for sure! But I am still a newbie and don't have a big collection yet so don't laugh at me when I show up with all my sub-$80 lights! :) No nice limited editions or titaniums....

Hey I won't mind meeting if we get 5 people........

LoL. You sir, have a much bigger collection than I :p

ackbar

Enlightened
hmm.. this Greater Toronto Area is a good cover.... so guys.. secret meeting @ High Park where we discuss our plans for world domination :p

ackbar

Enlightened
I'll be there with my mag85 and my newly acquired LF5XT on random stobe. :p

Second post updated. It would be nice to get a idea of what kind of toys everyone is bringing so that we don't overlap.

I will be bringing my LF5XT, NDI, Fenix L2D Q5, a modded photon freedom or fenix e0 with 365nm LED and my mag 85

Edit: Doh! Just noticed that tebore has a barn burner in his sig. Must come up with new secret weapon.

Last edited:

Centropolis

Enlightened
I was thinking that we bring everything and turn them all on at the same time and shine it at something and take a before and after picture. :)

I will bring my D80 and a tripod.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry I'm not bringing my CostCo HID. My back she can't take no more pain. I'll bring it if I drive but with gas as sky high as it is, I'll most likely bike. But if we're playing tag You'll all be "it" if I bring it.

My sig's a bit out of date. The Mag64 has been upgraded with a Osram 64623(I believe it is). It's drawing around 90watts.

I'll bring what I can carry. For sure my EDC, My P7 HDS and my Mag64623.

Centropolis

Enlightened
Don't worry I'm not bringing my CostCo HID. My back she can't take no more pain. I'll bring it if I drive but with gas as sky high as it is, I'll most likely bike. But if we're playing tag You'll all be "it" if I bring it.

My sig's a bit out of date. The Mag64 has been upgraded with a Osram 64623(I believe it is). It's drawing around 90watts.

I'll bring what I can carry. For sure my EDC, My P7 HDS and my Mag64623.

I feel inadequate now.......I will bring my 2004 Mazda 3 with Prolumen HID installed....:laughing: