A Fenix TK10 (or something) with STROBE? (BatteryJunction says "Coming Soon")

yalskey

Enlightened
A Fenix TK10 (or something) with STROBE? (BatteryJunction says "Coming Soon")

[SCROLL DOWN TO POST #19 FOR THE BATTERYJUCTION COMING SOON PART]

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my TK10! It's built super solid and the brightness and beam are great.

Is there anything out there that is close to the TK10, yet has a quick and easy to access tactical strobe mode?

The closest thing I have right now is a 6P Defender with a tactical Wolf-Eyes (read: ProLight) 280 lumen drop in. It has a high mode and the strobe is just a click away. The problem with this is it is no where near 280 lumens. My TK10 is brighter and a better beam shape.

I wouldn't mind the TK10's general / low mode so much, but the darn bezel is so stiff and hard to turn... definitely can't switch modes with one hand.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Re: Anything similar to the TK10, but with STROBE?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my TK10! It's built super solid and the brightness and beam are great.

Is there anything out there that is close to the TK10, yet has a quick and easy to access tactical strobe mode?

The closest thing I have right now is a 6P Defender with a tactical Wolf-Eyes (read: ProLight) 280 lumen drop in. It has a high mode and the strobe is just a click away. The problem with this is it is no where near 280 lumens. My TK10 is brighter and a better beam shape.

I wouldn't mind the TK10's general / low mode so much, but the darn bezel is so stiff and hard to turn... definitely can't switch modes with one hand.

Any suggestions?

What about the JetBeam Jet-III Pro IBS, it has about the same size, but the output can be adjusted over a wider a range and your have 3 predefined settings, each settings can be a light-level, a strobe or a sos. Everything is controlled by the button at the end of the light.
The one I in the picture has a reverse switch, but the new generation is supposed to have a forward switch (I do not have any of them yet).

DSC_1809a.JPG

yalskey

Enlightened

That's great and all, but the JetBeam lights have been a disappointment to me in the past.

#1) Way overly complex UI... I could never figure out my Jet-II MK.III version 7.2 PRO EX Ultra Special Signature Edition IV

#2) Flaky click switch built with plastic. I've had mine go out on me and be erratic. You don't want a switch that works every third click in a tactical situation.

HKJ

Flashaholic

#1) Way overly complex UI... I could never figure out my Jet-II MK.III version 7.2 PRO EX Ultra Special Signature Edition IV

Did that light have the IBS interface? That is the only JetBeam I have tried and I like that interface. It is simpler than LiteFlux and NovaTac.

#2) Flaky click switch built with plastic. I've had mine go out on me and be erratic. You don't want a switch that works every third click in a tactical situation.

I have heard some people complain about that, but newer seen it on my 4 JetBeams. But then my lights do not see heavy use, I have to many lights to switch between.

I do not believe that JetBeam uses a switch different from other manufacturer (the plastic retainer ring has nothing to do with the switch).

yalskey

Enlightened

Did that light have the IBS interface? That is the only JetBeam I have tried and I like that interface. It is simpler than LiteFlux and NovaTac.

I have heard some people complain about that, but newer seen it on my 4 JetBeams. But then my lights do not see heavy use, I have to many lights to switch between.

I do not believe that JetBeam uses a switch different from other manufacturer (the plastic retainer ring has nothing to do with the switch).

It was NOT an IBS. Let's just put it this way... if I have to read a manual or look at a block diagram to figure out the UI, it's too complex for me.

Well, say what you will about the plastic retaining ring being the problem or not. All I know is my Jet-II wouldn't switch on dependably. Sometimes it would click on, and other times it would take 3 or 4 clicks to get it to register.

p.s. Thanks for the distinction between the Tactical and Military version. I might go for the one with strobe.

HKJ

Flashaholic

It was NOT an IBS. Let's just put it this way... if I have to read a manual or look at a block diagram to figure out the UI, it's too complex for me.

That puts a restriction on the types of lights your can use.

Well, say what you will about the plastic retaining ring being the problem or not. All I know is my Jet-II wouldn't switch on dependably. Sometimes it would click on, and other times it would take 3 or 4 clicks to get it to register.

I would not accept a light like this either, but as I wrote above, I have not seen this problem with my JetBeams.

p.s. Thanks for the distinction between the Tactical and Military version. I might go for the one with strobe.

Both of them have strobe and sos.

I also have some OLights and 3 of them has a VERY hard switch, that makes me dislike them. I am also against the memory mode, I prefer a light that always turns on in the same mode. I am not happy about either of the interfaces, 5 light levels are too much when your have to turn the head to select them, 3 would have been better, and a memory mode that remembers sos is not very usefull for me.

yalskey

Enlightened

That puts a restriction on the types of lights your can use.
I wouldn't say "restriction"... I would say that I made the "choice" not to deal with lights that I feel are overly complex in their UI.

Both of them have strobe and sos.
The tactical version doesn't have strobe or SOS.

I also have some OLights and 3 of them has a VERY hard switch, that makes me dislike them. I am also against the memory mode, I prefer a light that always turns on in the same mode. I am not happy about either of the interfaces, 5 light levels are too much when your have to turn the head to select them, 3 would have been better, and a memory mode that remembers sos is not very usefull for me.
I agree. I had a T10 and the clicky was stiff. Turning the head back and forth to switch modes never sat well with me either. Also, the memory on the Olights do NOT remember SOS or Strobe... only constant on modes are memorized.

HKJ

Flashaholic

The tactical version doesn't have strobe or SOS.

I agree. I had a T10 and the clicky was stiff. Turning the head back and forth to switch modes never sat well with me either. Also, the memory on the Olights do NOT remember SOS or Strobe... only constant on modes are memorized.

My "T25 Tactical Special Edition" has strobe and sos and does remember them, but my other OLight (T10, T15, T20) with 5 levels+strobe+sos, does not remember strobe and sos.

yalskey

Enlightened

My "T25 Tactical Special Edition" has strobe and sos and does remember them, but my other OLight (T10, T15, T20) with 5 levels+strobe+sos, does not remember strobe and sos.
Ok, cool... thanks for the pro tip :)

HKJ

Flashaholic

Ok.
Back to your original question, I still believe that the JetBeam is the best bet, but another one is the new iTP C6, the regular model has strobe and a easy adjustable output, where your do not have to read the manual (Your do not get a manual with the light).

I got mine today, and have not really tested it yet, but it looks nice:

DSC_1810a.JPG

yalskey

Enlightened

Concerning the iTP C6:

I've never heard of this light. Any links to a website I can get started reading about this one?

What are the specs and all on that light?

HKJ

Flashaholic

Concerning the iTP C6:

I've never heard of this light. Any links to a website I can get started reading about this one?

What are the specs and all on that light?

It is not surprising that your have not heard about it, it is a new manufacture and a new light.

Review: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/203388
and http://www.light-reviews.com/itp_c6_tactical/

Manufacture thread: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=180912

Manufacture website: http://www.itplight.com/

Mine is a regular with OP reflector.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast

thats a pretty cool light there althought im on the pre-order list for the iTP C9, its baby brother:cool:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does the C6 Strobe? I've messed around with mine some, and I can set the brightness, but I haven't seen strobe on the light. :shrug:

The normal Olights have a nice UI and easily accessed strobe. The brightness levels are selected by loosening and tightening the head... and remembered. It's a reverse clicky. You click to turn it on, then soft press it will put you right into strobe. Then soft press to cycle through SOS and back to your preset brightness.

Maybe I'm making this seem too difficult. :thumbsdow

Once you turn the light on, it takes one button press to get to strobe. :twothumbs

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got the tactical version of the light, so I didn't get strobe! :devil:

Stephan_L

Newly Enlightened

Hey MattK,

what does it mean when you say

coming soon....

:whistle:

Does it mean Fenix is going to bring a Flashlight like the TK10/11 with tactical strobe?

Man, if you have any information, please share it with us. As for me, the lack of strobe was the only reason, I did not get a TK10/11!

Come on, you got to tell me!

Stephan

Latest posts