• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cured of Flashoholism? Mahalo Don!

jag808808

Enlightened
ALCON,

I have been a flashoholic for many years but, have been a member for just under a year. I thought I was alone in my addiction until I found CPF! Then I saw the light! I am NOT alone! My addiction is far from the other members here. I am fortunate to be addicted only so much. As a flashlight junkie, I believe I have received my final fix.

Being a proud owner of a Ti LunaSol 27 clicky and finally a Ti McLuxIII PD, I feel "cured". Upon receiving receiving the Ti-PD, I sadly report, I have not purchased a single light. I still look and drool but the urge to purchase is gone. Is there something wrong with me? Can anyone help? Or am I cured? Has Nirvana set in?

Don, am I eternally in your debt? or cursed never to roam the pages of CPF? Thank you all in CPF for enlightening me! Don, your work and customer service are without bounds. It has been a great pleasure being a part of your waves. I still peruse the B/S/T and mods. I watch the Marketplace for good deals but never pull the trigger. I feel a little lost but also a little grateful.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Mele Kalikimaka and Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Aloha,

jag

carrot

Flashaholic
McGizmo has cured me also. Except now I crave more PD's. The Lunasol 27 is a great light in it's own right (I love mine for outdoor walks) but something about that PD leaves me hungry for more of 'em.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Being a proud owner of a Ti LunaSol 27 clicky and finally a Ti McLuxIII PD, I feel "cured". Upon receiving receiving the Ti-PD, I sadly report, I have not purchased a single light. I still look and drool but the urge to purchase is gone. Is there something wrong with me? Can anyone help? Or am I cured? Has Nirvana set in?

A single PD-S had that effect on me. I really don't see myself needing any other light. Of course I have many others, but the PD-S is my EDC.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
A single PD-S had that effect on me. I really don't see myself needing any other light. Of course I have many others, but the PD-S is my EDC.

PD 27S:twothumbs Thank you very much Bernie...

I gave up my LS27 for a sweet 27S, and it's still bright finish:nana:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
You really need to give the Luna Sol 20 a shot... you don't know what you are missing. I now agree with Bernie and with JS and I think Don himself that the Luna Sol 20 is the best of his offereings to date. Having a low, floody beam and a punch high beam in the same package both available via the PD is a wonderful feature.

I gave up my Ti PD-S because I don't see myself pocketing it over the LS20 and I have been using the hell out of the LS20 lately.

Think about that for a bit and then tell me if you are cured:devil::poke:

I agree that McGizmo's lights are just simply fantastic but I am an incurable flashaholic and I can't help but try all of the new ones out as they become available:ohgeez:

Merry Christmas.

paulr

Flashaholic
I think I'm a little unusual in that 90%+ of my flashlight usage is indoors or (if outdoors) at close range (seeing where I'm walking). So for me, the 1-speed Sundrop is almost like the end of a journey. The beautiful flood beam, the natural color rendition, the no-nonsense KISS clicky, the absence of microprocessors, and the solid feel all combine to create the sense of a perfectly made tool, not a gadget. I'm surprised to hear that the LS20 run is not yet sold out and if my finances next year look promising then I may give in to the urge to buy one, but really, I hardly ever miss having a throw beam, the three Nichia leds can't match the Sundrop's color or smoothness, and I'd rather have something that's perfect 90% of the time than just adequate 97% of the time. The other 3% will always require a larger light than a 1-cell edc.

carrot

Flashaholic
Sorry, no no no, I love my PD. :D

I do have a LS27 and I like it a lot but I am not really sold on the LS20 because I doubt I'll carry it. (Too bright!) I am quite used to my dim, old-fashioned PD-S Mizer. If Don offered a Mizer option on the LS20 I would be pretty interested though.

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
I think I'm a little unusual in that 90%+ of my flashlight usage is indoors or (if outdoors) at close range (seeing where I'm walking). So for me, the 1-speed Sundrop is almost like the end of a journey. The beautiful flood beam, the natural color rendition, the no-nonsense KISS clicky, the absence of microprocessors, and the solid feel all combine to create the sense of a perfectly made tool, not a gadget. I'm surprised to hear that the LS20 run is not yet sold out and if my finances next year look promising then I may give in to the urge to buy one, but really, I hardly ever miss having a throw beam, the three Nichia leds can't match the Sundrop's color or smoothness, and I'd rather have something that's perfect 90% of the time than just adequate 97% of the time. The other 3% will always require a larger light than a 1-cell edc.

I agree 100%, the 1-speed Sundrop really is fantastic! I don't even have an EDC rotation anymore. I carry the SD as my primary EDC and it's the only light I use these days. I keep a milky creemator noir (on a ti mcclicky pak :grin2: ) clipped in my inner jacket pocket, just in case I ever find myself in a situation where I need throw (something which has yet to happen).

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
jag, how'd you do a LS27 clicky?

And yeah, I've been using the LS20 so much these days, it's really growing on me as a go-to light. Very useful for so many situations.

Except now, when I'm out of state, and I was having trouble with the twisty and cleaned the threads...and now have no lubrication and it's squeaky on twist =( Can't wait to go back home and lube it up!

But yes - quality lights are where it's at =D

jag808808

Enlightened
Goatee,

I thought about the LunaSol 20 but already own a 27. I prefer the larger area flood of six LEDs versus the three. You can send me your 20 for a direct comparison! I can decide then...:grin2:

You really need to give the Luna Sol 20 a shot... you don't know what you are missing. I now agree with Bernie and with JS and I think Don himself that the Luna Sol 20 is the best of his offereings to date. Having a low, floody beam and a punch high beam in the same package both available via the PD is a wonderful feature.

I gave up my Ti PD-S because I don't see myself pocketing it over the LS20 and I have been using the hell out of the LS20 lately.

Think about that for a bit and then tell me if you are cured:devil::poke:

I agree that McGizmo's lights are just simply fantastic but I am an incurable flashaholic and I can't help but try all of the new ones out as they become available:ohgeez:

Merry Christmas.

Hey Maurice!

I have a Ti 2AA body with Mcclicky body. It is long but I have big hands. It is a custom one off by my CPF friend Tranquility Base. That is a man who does beautiful work! I have a classic masterpiece created by two of our own Master designers.

jag, how'd you do a LS27 clicky?

And yeah, I've been using the LS20 so much these days, it's really growing on me as a go-to light. Very useful for so many situations.

Except now, when I'm out of state, and I was having trouble with the twisty and cleaned the threads...and now have no lubrication and it's squeaky on twist =( Can't wait to go back home and lube it up!

But yes - quality lights are where it's at =D

Happy New Year Everyone!!! Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!!!!

Aloha,

jag

Kiessling

Flashaholic
There's also a small number of 1x123 C-Packs out there that work with the LS27 head. Mine runs on the C-Pack right now.

Happy New Year !

bk

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goatee,

I thought about the LunaSol 20 but already own a 27. I prefer the larger area flood of six LEDs versus the three. You can send me your 20 for a direct comparison! I can decide then...:grin2:

I could do that, but you have to hold me harmless when you find that the flood from the 3 DS rank LED's is similar to the flood from the 6 CS rank LED's in the LS27 and then you decide to do what you should have done already... buy an LS20 too:poke:

:nana: