ROP story

glockbob

Newly Enlightened
I brought my 2D ROP Maglite to my fiance's house for the weekend. So I was showing it off in there backyard to my fiance's mom and dad. The future in-laws live on a large piece of land and I was shining the ROP into the corn field.
Later that night I was talking with my fiance's aunt who was about 1/2 a mile away at my fiance's gradma's house. The aunt was wondering who was shining a spot light in the backyard, the aunt could see it light up the cornfield.

But the best part of the story was when my future mother-in-law said she wanted a ROP for Mother's day. Guess I have to order up some parts from Fivemega.

I bought my mom a streamlight stinger a couple of years ago, and now she too has expensive taste in lights.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
My ROP Low in a Mag 2D body is my 'go to' light - it outputs light at a decent level with a fairly white tint, it can run for about 2 hours from 2xD Li-ion cells, it has a OP reflector which gives it a nice beam and UCL lens for maximum light transmission. What is not to love about a ROP? Definitely better than the weak sickly yellow beam from the standard Krypton bulb that came with the torch originally.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story! Glad to see you converted another :D High output lights like the ROP are great when you live outside of the city and can take advantage of the pure darkness.