4W LED Globe A-Shape Bulb - Eternaleds HydraLux-4

Norm

Retired Administrator
This doesn't seem to be posted yet.
4W LED Globe A-Shape Bulb - Eternaleds HydraLux

hydralux427551189.jpg

Product Description

The Eternaleds HydraLux-4 LED Bulb is the first LED bulb in the world to use liquid-cooling technology to give true 360 degree light like a regular light bulb! It uses 4W to put out as much light as a 25W standard "A-Shape" incandescent bulb while lasting 35x longer. It's a drop-in replacement that can instantly replace any indoor bulb that uses a standard E27 medium base socket.

This LED bulb is great for applications such as: desk lamps, sconces or anywhere you'd use a 25W incandescent bulb. Not to worry, if you drop/break it - the liquid inside is harmless paraffin oil that has been tested and certified safe to UL and ROHS standards.

Jumi

Enlightened
That looks intresting and liquid cooled:twothumbs
Are they using Seoul Acriche, specs would fit, 35000 hours and 150/200 lumens. If they are there should be 220/230V version too.
And warm white 125lumens High CRi (90) too:twothumbs

Juha

Neondiod

Newly Enlightened
According to the pix on there own site, it doesn't seams to fully match a 25W incandescent:thinking: Nice idea with the liquid cooling, but does it really need to be that long?

I really into LED's but can't help myself prefering the incandescents more orange glow compared to most warm white LED's are pale wellow :sick2:

Last edited:

Neondiod

Newly Enlightened
That looks intresting and liquid cooled:twothumbs
Are they using Seoul Acriche, specs would fit, 35000 hours and 150/200 lumens. If they are there should be 220/230V version too.
And warm white 125lumens High CRi (90) too:twothumbs

Juha

Tecnical Specs says CREE.

Jumi

Enlightened
Seoul usually uses Cree chips, I do not know who manufactures Acriche chips.

From the photos, there is just not room for a dimmable driver, middle section is heatsink and wires goes tru the sides to top.

From cree homepage I did not find any AC leds.

Leds look pale because of low CRI-value, thats why I hope for 125lumen 90CRI version. Not that I have ANY use for a 125-150 lumens E27 based bulbs.
E14 bulbs would be different.

Juha

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
"This LED bulb is great for applications such as: desk lamps, sconces or anywhere you'd use a 25W incandescent bulb"

The product marketing translation is: Too dim to be of much practical value other than accent lighting.

The liquid heatsink idea is interesting, but only applicable for low thermal applications. Parafin gets very flammable when it turns into a gas.

Seoul and Nichia make high CRI chips. Cree gets +90CRI in their commercial fixtures by mixing what I believe are neutral white and amber LEDs. Easy enough to build something with more lumens than this thig for not too much more money.

Last edited: