• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

●=●=● Rainbow Killer Ti Lights For Sale ●=●=●

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Rainbow Killers is in stock for immediate shipment:

• Killer Ti AAA Keychain Light with Rainbow PVD coating
    1. 5-die LED driven at 90mA with wide beam
    2. Powered by AAA rechargeable eneloop
    3. O-ring sealed for waterproofness
    4. 6AL4V Titanium
Link to original indications of interest thread.

Some pictures:

AAA-3flower.jpg

Since these are difficult to photograph, I'll include some more shots, just to give a better understanding of the Rainbow coating--the color varies considerably around the body and length of the light:

4AAAs-8.jpg

AAA-12HeadClose.jpg

AAA-14HeadClose.jpg

These Killers were painstakingly polished to eliminate as much of the machining tooling marks as possible. As the close-up show, the surface is smooth and very reflective.

Price:

Rainbow Killer AAA: $140, shipped First Class world-wide
CONUS orders sent with Delivery Confirmation. Insurance cost would be extra.

PayPal cash to: paycashpal (at) photonfanatic.com
or
PayPal credit card to: fanatic (at) photonfanatic.com

Since PayPal sometimes fails to send notification to me, I would appreciate a confirming e-mail when you place your order. My e-mail address is shown in my signature, but it is not a hyperlink.

Thanks.

Last edited:

pcmike

Enlightened
Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't know a thing about these lights. Can someone please link me to a post detailing the current output/runtime (using an AAA) and maybe a beamshot or two? I tried to find this information but there seems to be quite a few threads on these lights in various forms?

Thanks.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't know a thing about these lights. Can someone please link me to a post detailing the current output/runtime (using an AAA) and maybe a beamshot or two? I tried to find this information but there seems to be quite a few threads on these lights in various forms?

They are not very powerful lights, they are more like emergency lightning that you can always have with you.

You can find the killer in my AAA roundup and corresponding beamshot thread.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
They make a perfect keychain light, IMHO. Runtime is awesome, and gives you light when you need it - and in style to boot.

Oh yeah, :paypal:

:thumbsup: john

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks.
I have AAA Killer Ti drive at 90mA with 5 die led (whatever that means)

I also have a few Fenix E01, and compared to that, the AAA Killer Ti's beam is a quantum leap over the E01.
Brightness level wise, it does seem the Killer is brighter marginally, but given they have different tints (Killer more towards cool white while E01 has this crappy cheap purple/blue hue), i guess it can be deceiving. Although at least even till now I'm still convinced the Killer IS brighter.
So I guess the 15 lumen estimation that photonfantic got is consistent with E01's 10 lumen claim.

Runtime wise, on alkaline it lasted about 2 hrs and a half, which i think is average at best IMO given its brightness (subjective).

Its not that technically marvelous, but it does look fabulous with top notch machining and craftmenship. I got it because without the knurling, its suitable as a necklace without fear of grinding your skin away.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a few samples done in slightly different colors, so that I could see how they might look in hand.

Personally, I like this one, but I'd appreciate your feedback as well. I may have some done in this color in the fall.

BlueRainbow-1.jpg

The colors are not as variegated on this one--instead there are two colors, just blue and some purple in the dimples. Another light showed just two tones of blue. This one has been sold, btw.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
just out of curiosity photonfantic, do you make these lights to order? or how does it work?

thank you

Originally, I did make the Killer on my own manual lathe, in Ti, but with the increased popularity of the Killer, especially the La Petite Killer in the beginning, I had a local CNC shop produce a small run of them.

Once folks had the La Petite Killers, people wanted a Killer with more run time, so I made the Killer AAA and also had the machine shop do another run of both lights.

Nowadays, I usually have about 100 lights machined at a time, and then I post process them myself to do the tumbling and polishing necessary to achieve a smooth, polished surface. Then they are ready for sale as bare Ti Killers, or I may send those bodies off for PVD coating, such as the current Rainbow coating. I have offered other PVD coating, such as TiN, ALTiN, TiCN, etc., and may do so again in the future.

I will be producing some DLC (diamond like coating) Killers within a short time, as well.

Once the coated bodies are back, then I install the LED/driver, O-rings, split-ring and battery before sending them off.

jch79

I had a few samples done in slightly different colors, so that I could see how they might look in hand.

Personally, I like this one, but I'd appreciate your feedback as well. I may have some done in this color in the fall.

BlueRainbow-1.jpg

The colors are not as variegated on this one--instead there are two colors, just blue and some purple in the dimples. Another light showed just two tones of blue. This one has been sold, btw.

The solid color is SWEET! :cool: It almost looks luminescent, with the way that there is subtle variations in the coloring. It's like it glows, without really glowing.

Fred, please stop making cool lights - the housing market is what bankrupted American's economy... but the custom flashlight market is what's doing it in for me! :D

wings

Newly Enlightened
Every time I closed my eyes I see rainbows. Had to get one. Now the waiting starts.
sigh.gif

Last edited:

Moka

Enlightened
It arrived...!!! So damn beautiful!!! Pics to follow.
Thanks Fred!
:D lovecpf

Quick one I took... Might polish my finger prints and dust off and take some better ones in daylight =D
5lbdyv.jpg

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to note that Moka's Rainbow Killer is one of the early samples, and while it is, indeed, a beautiful light, the colors of the production run are slightly different from the one he received.

Moka--I find natural light a bit better than flash for photographing the Rainbows.

Moka

Enlightened
Just wanted to note that Moka's Rainbow Killer is one of the early samples, and while it is, indeed, a beautiful light, the colors of the production run are slightly different from the one he received.

Moka--I find natural light a bit better than flash for photographing the Rainbows.
Yeah, yeah, I know =P :nana:
But it was night when I received it... (damn having to work during the day) and I just had to take a photo of it... :whistle:
Will be doing a photoshoot later in natural light :twothumbs

It's around my neck, where it will stay for a while... But at least my penniless situation I'm in now is worth it... Damn having such an expensive Hobby/Collection/Obsession... lol :broke:

jch79

Krazy Kool Killer

RECEIVED! :D And what else can I say but WOW! :eek:oo:

img0025asmj.jpg

These things are hard to photograph! I went against Fred's advice and tried using my flashes anyways... and I thought a nice backdrop would be my dirty greasy bike rag, to contrast the rainbow PVD process coating.

I was lucky enough to score a blue one with rainbow'd dimples... each dimple varies slightly from the next, but the blue color is almost pearlescent. The reflector is rainbowed, which is a cool finishing touch!

And the 90mAh driver constantly impresses me - this sucker is bright!

On top of it all, it came with a Sanyo AAA Eneloop battery - nice!

If I had more than two thumbs, I'd turn 'em all up for this. :twothumbs :twothumbs

Last edited: