Lumapower Vantage is here.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have waited for this light to be released for some time. And today, I believe it has reached me earlier than most others. So, here's a little treat for those who are still waiting for theirs.

The Vantage comes in 4 versions, namely:
VT-01 (Type III HA + R2)
VT-02 (Type III HA + Q3)
VT-03 (Silver Type III HA + R2)
VT-04 (Silver Type III HA + Q3).
It was a surprise that the Silver version was sold out from Lumapower extremely fast before I have the chance to reconsider my choice. :duh2:

Without further adieu, here're some shots of VT-01.

Box.jpg

The light came in a matchbox packaging with cellophane window upfront to showcase the light within. However, I found the light isn't secured well by the plastic strip and there's too much space within. The light really moved around in there. :eek:oo:

Stuff.jpg

The package.

Light.jpg

Vantage. The light exudes quality and the form is well thought-out, which is the main reason why I like it when I first saw it. It has right knurling at the right areas and subtle details that don't kill the overall design. It has a broad and sturdy clip that seems to be able to take lots of abuse.

Explode.jpg

Exploded view. These parts are easily unscrewed by hand. There are 2 types of clip retainer rings provided, the anti-roll and the regular versions. Changing this retainer ring is really a piece of cake, no torx screwdriver needed, no snap ring plier used, don't require clip to slide and scratch the light and no forceful plying from the tube.

Knurls.jpg

Detail of the knurls. Note where the clip contacts, right on the smooth curve of the body and not on the knurling as it'll cause wear and tear.

Threads.jpg

It uses square threads and comes well lubricated. :naughty:

Beamshot.jpg

Ok, it could have been better, but it doesn't matter to me unless I'm an avid wall hunter. :xyxgun:

2Lights-1.jpg

A quick comparison with, say, D20.

2BeamsHi.jpg

Compare to D20 (right), the Vantage has a slightly better throw and a warmer tint.

Ok, I'll be waiting for you folks who're getting their Silver Vantage. :knight:

Last edited:

corvettesR1

Enlightened
I recieved mine yesterday. I agree,its a nice light.I ended up using the smooth ring in place of of the star type ring. It makes for a more comfortable hold . I chose the VT-04.

I like the relief cut outs in the tail cap.They allow your fingers to get to the switch easily.The 3 brightness levels are picked through the tail cap button,no head twisting. great light.

A side note: In reply to a question I posted, im told that they made 100 or so of the limited edition silver Vantage models.

Last edited:

clg0159

Enlightened
Excellent pics Zeruel! :clap:
My VT-04 should arrive tomorrow and you have given me plenty to drool over until then.:thumbsup: My camera is pretty basic, but if one hasn't already been posted by tomorrow I will attempt to get a descent photo of the silver and a beam comparison.

gunga

Flashaholic
So that's the non-silver version? NIce, very nice! I hope to get one of these.

How is the output? Good spacing on the modes?

LUPARA

Newly Enlightened
Very good looking light. Others should take note. Especially the ones that came from a pipefitters shop somewhere in Shenzen province. It's good to see form and function coming together. I hope you enjoy using your light as much as looking at it.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
So that's the non-silver version? NIce, very nice! I hope to get one of these.

How is the output? Good spacing on the modes?

Yup, that's VT-01. Spacing's fine for the 3 modes. However, I'm sure most folks would prefer the low to be lower.

Will be awaiting your review. :)

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Well, I don't have one and I'm not sure I have one coming...

:naughty:

I do have another Lumapower coming for review. I'll give you a hint, it's small but throws real well...

:crackup:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all. :) Hope other owners will chip in as well.

Conan

Newly Enlightened
I received my VT-01 a few days ago. I love the look and the feel of the light. The output is nothing to get excited about though. I wonder if and when I receive my Teleforce head if it will change anything.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TF head will enhance throw, however, prepare for nice Saturn rings....

Denton

Newly Enlightened
Hello Zeruel, thank you for the review.

Can you, or somebody else who owns a Lumapower Vantage, tell
me if it uses PWM for dimming the lower modes ?

Denton

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

can somebody please tell me if the lumapower Vantage uses PWM
to dimm lower modes ?

Thank you.