iTP C9 or iTP C10 (and approporiate rechargeables)?

buth

Newly Enlightened
Hello.

I am new at CPF and intend to buy an iTP C9 or C10. But I've got some questions choosing the right one (including battery/rechargeable questions).

Links to the two flashlights:

>>> http://www.itplight.com/product_show.asp?id=161 <<< = iTP C9

>>> http://www.itplight.com/product_show.asp?id=191 <<< = iTP C10

If I would buy the iTP C10: Should I use two RCR123R rechargeables or one longer one (how is this one called?)? Which one will work for more minutes and which one is brighter?

The iTP C10 has a working voltage range from 3.0V to 8.4V. For it is digitally controlled: I think there should be no difference in brightness if I use two RCR123R rechargeables or one longer one. Or am i wrong?

And: Less volts = shorter runtime? Does anybody know the approximate differences in runtime (using two RCR123R rechargeables in a C 10 /// or one longer one in a C10 /// or one RCR123R rechargeables in a C9)?

The iTP C9 works from 1V to 4.2V.

Maybe, if there is only a difference in runtime, I will choose the iTP C9, because it is shorter. I could take some more rechargeables or CR123A in my pocket.

Good ideas, where to carry them in?

On the iTP homepage they say that the C10 works up to 230 lumens and the C9 only reaches 190 lumens. I don't understand that, because I think they have the same electronics and reflector inside. Isn't the only result of different rechargeables a shorter or longer runtime? Or am I wrong again?

What are the best rechargeables? Perhaps these?

>>> http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=125353 <<<

These LiFePO4 rechargeables are said to be very save and to have less problems with high ampere output. And they can be recharged very quickly.

>>> https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/203788 <<< (only the first text of LuxLuthor)

Or better Li-Ion or Li-Polimer rechargeables? If they are better: I would only choose protected ones.

Where can I buy iTP flashlights and good rechargeables in Germany?

I must confess: A lot of rookie questions. :mecry:

Thanks a lot in advance.

buth

Last edited:

buth

Newly Enlightened
Thanks ZRXBILL.

I've read Selfbuilt's review. Very helpful information about the C9. But the review doesn't answer my questions.

Need some more comparing information (C9 <> C10 and 1x RCR123A <> 2x RCR123A <> the longer rechargeable (don't know the name)) and general knowledge about rechargeables.

Nevertheless: Thanks again.

buth

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I take it that your talking about using an 18650 battery......ITP lights are my fav because of its simplicity and just the way they look. I dont own the C10 but i do own the C9 with its various battery tubes for different configurations. There also coming out with a new offering as well, the SC series which selfbuilt is going to do a review on them as well. Another good site to check them out at is shiningbeam.com this is where i got mine.

p1050757.jpg

The battery tube thats not included in the pic is the C8 but plan on grouping them together in a bit. I like it for the simple fact that one head can be used, depending on the R or T.

p1050812o.jpg

Last edited:

buth

Newly Enlightened
Your opinion is important for me. I still can't dicide, what light I will buy.

Because I need more answers to all my questions. Especially the rechargeable questions (see my first post in this thread).

Help. Help. Help. :confused::confused::confused: And thanks again in advance.

buth

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the C9 you can use primaries and rechargeables....if you go with 3.7volt rcrs then you will reach 190 lumens......the light is still bright on primaries because of its small spot and good spill. I also carry the C9 in a holster, and there are two versions to choose from the R-regular or the T-tactical without the sos or strobe. And i take that when you mean longer battery your talking about using a 18650.......

Last edited:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
in general terms,

using 2 (rcr123) cells increases voltage and can be brighter.

but the bigger cell (18650), will run for a longer time but a little less bright.

buth

Newly Enlightened
I also carry the C9 in a holster
Does iTP always send a holster with the C9 / C10?

In the C9 you can use primaries and rechargeables....if you go with 3.7volt rcrs then you will reach 190 lumens...
Just for a comparison: 190 lumens: as bright as a 3D MAGlite? Don't get me wrong. I'm absolutely not interested in a MAGlite. But a friend has one and so I can imagine the C9 brightness.

If I use RCRs with lower voltage: Doesn't the electronic make the same brightness with shorter runtime?

two versions to choose from the R-regular or the T-tactical
I prefer the regular one because it can tailstand. And I like the strobe (although it's not very important).

And i take that when you mean longer battery your talking about using a 18650.......
Yes. I think it won'i fit in the C9. But does this one (18650) or the 18670 fit in the C10? If I read the 5 digits correctly, it's 2 mm thicker than a RCR123A !?! What about the length? 18650 is 65 mm long / 18670 is 67 mm long. 2 x RCR123A are 68 mm long. Am I right? Is there somethinmg as a length correction in the C10?

Will the C10 be remarkable bighter? If there are only 10 or 20 %, the C9 apears to be more interesting (for me).

But what about the runtime (comparing 18650/18670 on the one hand and RCR123A on the other hand)?

Sorry for my maybe naive questions and thanks again.

buth

Last edited:

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to provide your own holster for the C9. These lights are going to be way brighter then a MagLed....the 18650 is going to provide longer runtimes because it has more mah then two rcrs......dont think that you want to use primaries though because of cost, just keep them for emergencies like when the power goes out. I know that the C6t has a spring in the front and of course in the rear.....so if the light has the front springs then i dont see why you cant use that battery. If you would like i can provide a beamshot of the 2AA magled vs. the ITP C9 when it gets dark of course........

hirtavepo

Newly Enlightened
I also carry the C9 in a holster, and there are two versions to choose from the R-regular or the T-tactical without the sos or strobe
Alfreddajero - can't find the C9T anywhere??? Where can I get one from?

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I misinformed you guys...and im sorry about that....the C9 only comes in R and not in a tactical version. You can check out the offerings at batteryjunction and also shiningbeam, just add the .com.

hirtavepo

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I was starting to doubt my "googleing skills"... :)

Thanks for the info anyway

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I misinformed you guys...and im sorry about that....the C9 only comes in R and not in a tactical version.
I really wish there was a T version of the C9.

My only 1xCR123A flashlight (Romisen RC-C3) recently had a driver board failure, so I currently do not have a small pocket rocket.