quark mini AA & CR123 users thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ergotelis

Enlightened
So, let the game begin!
Those guys that got already yours please tell us your impressions and give some beamshots. I will have mine also soon, i expect them this week. :naughty:

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
iv'e got my eye on one of these so im watching this thread closely. oh no not another light!! must resist. :thinking:

madmook

Newly Enlightened
Some MiNi AA pics and beamshots have been posted in the MiNi thread on the 4sevens board...

Can't wait to get mine!!!

ergotelis

Enlightened
Some MiNi AA pics and beamshots have been posted in the MiNi thread on the 4sevens board...

Can't wait to get mine!!!

Yes, but it is time to continue the conversation here.

I ordered my flashlights the same day announced, can't remember exactly, so just check!Shipped in Friday, usually takes 1 week to come. So i hope i will have them by Friday!

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, but it is time to continue the conversation here.

I ordered my flashlights the same day announced, can't remember exactly, so just check!Shipped in Friday, usually takes 1 week to come. So i hope i will have them by Friday!

You lucky guy... I'll have to wait a little more (ordered 26th/11) :sigh:

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
i just got my mini123 today. it's ok, for the price. i think i still prefer my ez123. i compared the two and my particular ez123 is brighter than the mini123 ...also the tint on the mini123 seems to be a bit more yellow than the ez123, which is more on the cool white side.

over all the mini123 is a good little light. i just wish the lanyard hole was a bit bigger.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received mine today as well. MiNi AA. My daughter wants one now. She says that it's cute!

I have to say that I'm pretty happy with this light. I'm going to feed it a few alkaline batteries to begin with but will be switching to NiMH cells in a few days. Don't want a battery leaking all over the inside of my new light!

I tried an alkaline battery that read 0.9V on my multimeter and it would light up but high didn't work. I then tried a battery that read 1.04V and it would light up on high but it was about as bright as medium. A new battery really lights this little guy up and it will get a little bit warm after being left on high for about 10 or 15 minutes.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to feed it a few alkaline batteries to begin with but will be switching to NiMH cells in a few days. Don't want a battery leaking all over the inside of my new light!

Does this light have a spring? I have the EZAA but I've been afraid to use eneloops because it seems like the twist action would crush the battery (not good for batteries that will be used over and over again). I'd like to switch to this one for the extra features and use rechargables, but just wanted some feedback to see if it was a battery crusher.

hazna

Enlightened
Does this light have a spring? I have the EZAA but I've been afraid to use eneloops because it seems like the twist action would crush the battery (not good for batteries that will be used over and over again). I'd like to switch to this one for the extra features and use rechargables, but just wanted some feedback to see if it was a battery crusher.

i believe 4sevens has said it has a spring

riva

Newly Enlightened
i just got my mini123 today. it's ok, for the price. i think i still prefer my ez123. i compared the two and my particular ez123 is brighter than the mini123 ...also the tint on the mini123 seems to be a bit more yellow than the ez123, which is more on the cool white side.

over all the mini123 is a good little light. i just wish the lanyard hole was a bit bigger.

R5 beaten by R2?
Almost incredible

ergotelis

Enlightened

This is really weird...Maybe you want to tell that ez123 is more throwy?Use a RCR123, a multimeter and check amp draw if you can. By this way we will be able to judge up to one point if all is ok.

steinstern

Newly Enlightened
some questions before i order.

- is the mini 123 (much) brighter on RCR123A than the mini AA on 14500? a beamshot would be great!

- can you use the mini AA for more than 5 minutes on 14500 without overheating?

i´m not sure which i should take. i have a couple of eneloops and would like it when i could use them. otherwise i will order 2 AWs 14500 / RCR123A anyway and i think the mini 123 looks better :grin2:

what shall i do?! :shrug:

(no, i only wont to buy ONE)

burntoshine

Enlightened
i'd like to see pictures of a AA mini next to a regular quark AA and a 123 mini next to a regular quark 123. perhaps these pictures already exist, but i haven't found them.

i pre-ordered 2 neutral AA minis and have committed to a neutral 123 mini if the threshold is reached. since i don't buy cool whites, i won't be getting any minis for at least a couple of weeks.

:popcorn:

steinstern

Newly Enlightened
...are you sure you're a flashaholic? i'm suspicious.

don´t know ;) i just want the handiest of those lights. don´t need both, because they are basically the same (small and bright).

but to be honest: i´m a student and can´t afford both...

anyway.... how much brighter is the mini AA with 14500 (vs. nimh)

Status
Not open for further replies.