Review Of The Wiseled Tactical 2000 Lumen

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
Some of you might have read my previous two reviews of the predecessor models of the Wiseled Tactical..

Well, recently, I was on the phone with the manager of Wiseled, and he offered me to visit him to have a talk about flashlights and check out the newest release from the manufactory:

The Wiseled Tactical 2000 Lumen!

I later left with one that I will now review! :clap:

Once I turned it on..... WOW, what an incredible fload of light! :twothumbs

The Seoul P4 LED's emit a whopping 2,000+ Lumens for 2 hours and 15 minutes (Full Boost) and can last for 24 hours a the lowest setting...

Billede0370.jpg

I was also happy to learn that the Tactical does not get hot nearly as quickly as the predecessor version and does thus not throttle down already after 15 minutes.. Actually, I used the Tactical for more than an hour on full boost before it throttled down, but this was barely noticeable!

A feature that I had missed on the earlier versions was some kind of battery indicator, giving you an idea of how much battery power is left..

I am happy to tell you that THIS version has an ingenious inbuilt battery level indicator:

At the tail of the flashlight, a blue or orange flashing light gives you the crucial information needed when you're diving (300 ft submersible!) or when you are out there on a mission where you want to know exactly how much power is left:

• Two quick blue flashes: 80 to 100 % charged.
  • Four quick blue flashes: 60 to 80 % charged.
  • Two quick orange flashes: 40 to 60 % charged.
  • Four quick orange flashes: 20 to 40 % charged.
  • Constant orange: under 20 % left
Here's a link to a Youtube video that I made to show you the Wiseled Tactical in action.

NOTE THAT I ENGAGE THE 500 WATT STROBE DURING THIS VIDEO, SO PLEASE WEAR YOUR SUNGLASSES! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDbn0ufJDU&feature=player_embedded

As you can see, the tail flashes.. in this example telling you that the Tactical is fully charged.

Another update: The charging cradle does not emit an orange light during charging (full charge takes an estimated 3 hours from a totally run-out battery):

Billede0364.jpg

Billede0363.jpg

More great news:

Soon - on the Wiseled site - IRDA will become availible for the Tactical so that you can make your very own settings to the flashlight via a PC with IRDA or via an IRDA dongle! :twothumbs

All goes throught the tail that will turn constant blue during the process:

Billede0372.jpg

Now for some beam shots... As you can see from the black surroundings, all of them have been taking in complete darkness!

The Tactical 2,000 literally turns night into day!

On this pic, there are some bushes along the road.. you cannot see them:

Billede0345.jpg

Now you can... :poof:

Billede0343.jpg

Here's a shot taking inside a pitch black park. There's 200 yards distance to the bushes at the back:

Billede0349.jpg

From some back yards:

Billede0354.jpg

Billede0356.jpg

Billede0357.jpg

Is anyone hiding under those stairs? I'd better check!

Billede0359.jpg

The Tactical has no problem throwing its beam up to the 5th. floor of this building:

Billede0360.jpg

Or onto this other building that's 200 yards away:

Billede0355.jpg

:goodjob:, Wiseled! :twothumbs

Last edited by a moderator:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks good for many reasons..

edit, :eek: just saw the price !

thats a lot of money.........

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did they fix

-Charging port rotting out when used for dive use.
-Battery is drained when unit is in storage.

Mac

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
The UPS man arrived with my Tactical light about 15 minutes ago, whilst I was reading this review. My initial impression of the light is very positive.

Flemming kindly included the tail standing cradle charger for the light, even though I had not included this on my order. That really is excellent customer service.

I now have to wait about 4 hours for it to get dark enough to be able to see the light in action.

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
Did they fix

-Charging port rotting out when used for dive use.
-Battery is drained when unit is in storage.

Mac

- Like with a diver's watch, please rinse it in fresh water and let it dry after exposure to salt water before re-charging the flashlight...

- As to the battery, here's what the Wiseled FAQ's says about that:

"The battery in the WiseLED Tactical is based on 3 lithium Ion (18650) cell packs 3.7 volt each, combined serially = 11.1volt, 5.2Amp and the battery in the WiseLED Compact is based on 2 lithium Ion (18650) cell packs, 3.7 volt each, combined serially = 7.4volt, 2.6Amp. Lithium ion batteries have a lot of advantages but need to be handled correctly.
If you want your battery to last for years you need to fully charge it at least once every month. The Li-ion batteries chemistry is not able to survive longer periods without energy so if not charged with a timely interval your batteries will get less efficient and the chemistry inside will eventually give up. So therefore remember to fully recharge your flashlight before storing it for longer periods."

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stella:: Great video! I also have used my new tactical for extended times with no throttling down . Check out my review in the review section. I have some other beam shots.!

Cmacclel: Standby is now 5yrs and the tailight theoretically can run for 50 days. Never heard of the other problem but hopefully it has been addressed.

Croyde: Right on time!

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Yes right on time and now topping up in the charger for use later this evening :D.

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
We had some Expressos and a long chat about flashlights. Flemming is a great guy! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Li-ion batteries chemistry is not able to survive longer periods without energy so if not charged with a timely interval your batteries will get less efficient and the chemistry inside will eventually give up.

That statement is 100% false and actually backwards. Lithium cells are used because the self dishcharge rate is very low. It has nothing to do with the batteries it has to due with the light itself draining the batteries while in storage. I had a diver E-Mail me and state that his charging port rotted away and he said he always rinses his equipment off with fresh water after a dive.

Hopefully they will at least include the SS battery port plug going forward. Also for such an expensive light with NON USER replaceable batteries and from a company that recently closed I would be nervouse on purchasing such an expensive non user repairable light.

Mac

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
The light is supplied with a plug to block off the charging connector on the base of the light.

I must say that my initial impressions or of a light that has been designed and built to a very high standard.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light is supplied with a plug to block off the charging connector on the base of the light.

I must say that my initial impressions or of a light that has been designed and built to a very high standard.

I agree there products are very high quality.........I was the first to review the WiseLed Tactical. Also it seems like the price went up significantly. I thought back then these where on special for under $500 now there almost $900 :wow:

Mac

Last edited:

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
Forgot to mention that Flemming programmed the Tactical for me to give it the maximum strobe level.. what he calls the "puke" level! :crackup:

I can tell you that this strobe is nasty! Tried to capture it in my video, but in real life it really turns your stomach!

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
I agree there products are very high quality.........I was the first to review the WiseLed Tactical. Also it seems like the price went up significantly. I thought back then these where on special for under $500 now there almost $900 :wow:

Mac

They can still be bought for much closer to $500 than $900 if you speak nicely to Flemming. So agreed, they are not a budget light but there again they are not a budged spec either :).

Jida

Newly Enlightened
Maybe he meant it like "Whaaaaaat!!!" so it was 500 whaaaaat (holla/raise the roof/ya feel me)!

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do they figure 500watt strobe? 7x x 3watt LED = 21 watts?

Mac

If its really 2000 out the front lumens its got to be more than 30 watts real power consumption. the best high power Light I tested putting out 1710 lumens at turn on was drawing 28 watts of power. This would have to draw more. I am having a hard time believing its a real 2000 out the front lumens, may be more like 1500. Sure wish I could test it, another time, perhaps. If its 2K at the source I could believe its 24 watts of power, roughly. Nice beam overall.

Last edited:

Magic Matt

Enlightened
Sorry, but I'm having a little trouble with the maths....

The P4 puts out a maximum of 240 lumens, doesn't it? With a really good reflector and front glass, that's 90% transmission, so no more than 216 lumens per emitter.

There are 7 emitters, so that's 7 x 216 lumens = 1512 lumens max.

...so yes, I'd have to agree with MrGman, this is a 1500 lumen flashlight. Looks like a superb bit of kit anyway though!