my new compact offroad LED lights.

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
I put these LED lights on my atv's. I have 2 atv's and set both of them up with the lights. Each atv has 2 sets of lights, I call them small and big (though they are both fairly small). Here are some pics from shooting them across the street towards a house. Keep in mind, these are compared to an atv's headlights, not a car (which should be a bit brighter). What do you think?

atv low beam

atv high beam

small led's

large led's

both large and small led's

picture of led's on my atv

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
I wish I could cobble them together myself. From what I have read, there are quite a few guys on here that could do it in their sleep. But, not me....I have buy my lights. Hats off to the guys making their own, I think that is really cool.

They are made by SoundOff Signal, a company that makes emergency vehicle (police car, firetruck, ambulance) led strobes. These are constant on lights, they don't strobe. We used them this weekend in the mud & water at an atv park, good thing they are waterproof. I actually mounted them up a few weeks ago, but didn't want to post anything until I had a chance to punish them.

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
I've seen the Solstice stuff, but question their true output. Depending on which product you look at, they either claim 90 or 80 lumens per watt consumed for their 10W leds. I have a feeling that they over-rate their product, do you know differently? If they really tested them, then wouldn't there not be a variance? I just don't trust many manufacturers yet, especially when they tell me that I will be getting a product approaching 100 lumens per watt for $100. The average for most similar product in that price range seems to hover between 30-50 lumens per watt.

What do you think?

Hilldweller

Enlightened
What do you think?
Nobody around here has one for me to look at...
I'll have my hands on a few in a couple of weeks, including some prototypes from Rigid Industries ---- 2" cubes with four 3-watt lights.

The Solstice 800/900 lumen thing has always puzzled me too. :duh2:

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
Let us know how they do, I'm always interested in new stuff. So, apparently Cree can now get over 200 lumens per watt from an LED......how do we get something like that in an offroad light?

spencer

Enlightened
I believe 200lpw is still in the lab. But with the new XP-G's then can get almost 100lpw at 1.5A (5.25W). I don't keep track of LED lights but I don't think anything is using XP-G's.

LEDobsession

Enlightened
Nobody around here has one for me to look at...

I do, but I'm way over here.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:wave:

I'll have my hands on a few in a couple of weeks, including some prototypes from Rigid Industries ---- 2" cubes with four 3-watt lights.

The Solstice 800/900 lumen thing has always puzzled me too. :duh2:

Hey, thats no fair! I want to play with them!

Let us know how they do, I'm always interested in new stuff. So, apparently Cree can now get over 200 lumens per watt from an LED......how do we get something like that in an offroad light?

When I come back in 2 years, I'll be on that. Whether its 200-500 l/w at that time, I'll be doing something to put it on Trucks, Jeeps, ATV's, and motorcycles.

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
When you come back in 2 years [from wherever you are going, long vacation?], everything we are talking about today will be obsolete. It's sad, really. It will be like the guys that were all excited about Commodore coming out with the 64, not really worth talking about.

Actually, I caught a few posts of yours. It sounds like you are in the military. If that is the case, I would like to sincerely thank you for your service to us and this great country.

Hilldweller

Enlightened
I do, but I'm way over here.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:wave:

Hey, thats no fair! I want to play with them!
I'll be here in Arizona next month if you want a close-up look.
Scott mounted them for SEMA and they were on display on the Mopar Skunkworks "Overland Edition" Jeep. It also has Truck-Lite (ick) LED headlights on it.

OVJK_Speed_Channel_.jpg

OVJK_Speed_Channel_%20%287%29.jpg

LEDobsession

Enlightened
When you come back in 2 years [from wherever you are going, long vacation?], everything we are talking about today will be obsolete. It's sad, really. It will be like the guys that were all excited about Commodore coming out with the 64, not really worth talking about.

Actually, I caught a few posts of yours. It sounds like you are in the military. If that is the case, I would like to sincerely thank you for your service to us and this great country.

Close. I'm going suit and tie with a Book of Mormon instead of Camouflage and an M16. I'll still be doing some good though. :)

The stuff will most likely be obsolete, but I'm a machinist and I plan on making stuff that won't be.

I'll be here in Arizona next month if you want a close-up look.
Scott mounted them for SEMA and they were on display on the Mopar Skunkworks "Overland Edition" Jeep. It also has Truck-Lite (ick) LED headlights on it.

Very nice! I'd come check 'em out but Im out in a week. :thumbsup:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the looks of those LED lamps, but whew they are spendy.

LEDobsession:
Give it all you've got so you'll have no regrets, Return with Honor.

CTR !!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

madrabbitt

Newly Enlightened
The smaller ones, are those soundoff ghosts?

If so, I wasnt aware they made them in a white/steadyburn variant.

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
The smaller ones, are those soundoff ghosts?

If so, I wasnt aware they made them in a white/steadyburn variant.

Yes, the smalls are a variation of the Ghost. The difference is [if you look closely] they add a steel u-bracket around the light body to protect it and it is a steady burn.

clint357

Newly Enlightened
Just and FYI on the P7's...they actually put out about 700 lumens in lab conditions. When you put a P7 (rated at 900) against an SST-50(rated at 1100 lumens), there is more than a 200 lumen difference. Once the weather gets nicer I'll get some good shots of what I'm talking about.

nilesh

Newly Enlightened
Just and FYI on the P7's...they actually put out about 700 lumens in lab conditions. When you put a P7 (rated at 900) against an SST-50(rated at 1100 lumens), there is more than a 200 lumen difference. Once the weather gets nicer I'll get some good shots of what I'm talking about.

CREE XP G R5 and CREE XML-T6 are good in every way.
I made off road light from both led's.
I am Happy with light effect on Road

Latest posts