4sevens Quark Mini Tint Options: A Quick Look. UPDATED.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it would be better to make a new thread instead of filling up 47's thread. ;)

4sevens has once again attempted an assault on our wallets.. :crackup: with a new custom run of emitters in his Quark Mini series.

Now available, are Warm and Neutral tints!
This makes 4 options between the MiniAA, Mini123, and CR2

Titanium bodied, Cool White Emitter, Neutral White Emitter, and Warm White Emitter. (oh, the CR2 doesn't have a neutral offering that I know of), but, there's also a neutral TI miniAA and mini123!

This gives you 13 different models of Minis, staggering for the quickly growing company, no wonder they moved into a new warehouse! ;)

although, these custom runs give him less profit, and is to benefit CPF members! :thumbsup: Think about that the next time you purchase one of his products.

Alright, let us get to the good stuff,
Mini_CW_NW_WW.gif

this is a head shot of the emitters, one with normal lighting, and one with some UV lighting, to show off the phosphor. Warm LEDs are obtained by stacking more phosphor on top of the die (chip), which reduces output, but results in a warmer light, which is more pleasant to some.

a comparison of the tints on some random items I found laying around:
There are 2 images here.. one shot @ 5200K, and one shot @ 3200K..
the camera cannot adapt the same way the human eye can.

that being said, the Warm whites, incan, and neutral, appear in real life as the 2nd group of images.(add a little bit more yellow, though) (3200K)
the cool white and the 036 look like the first group of images (5200K)

comparison-mini.gif

apologies for the compression artifacts. They are all different brightnesses, but i tweaked them to be roughly the same to show tint.

3200K_NW_W_CW.gif

below are more various images shot at 5200K -- please note what I wrote of above.

Let us see some pictures comparing the tints to a popular incandescent light -- A surefire P60 module.

The below beamshots are taken @ 5200K white balance.

IMG_2609_processed.JPG

IMG_2605_processed.JPG

IMG_2606_processed.JPG

IMG_2607_processed.JPG

IMG_2608_processed.JPG

IMG_2604_processed.JPG

IMG_2603_processed.JPG

IMG_2602_processed.JPG

IMG_2601_processed.JPG

When I first heard of the warm tints, I was excited as I loved neutral tints -- a tint closer to incandescent sounded even more ideal. :devil:

I personally love the tint.. looks like I'll have to start saving to buy some minis! :broke:

Requests encouraged, what do you want me to take pics of?

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 4sevens Quark Mini Tint Options: A Quick Look.

Wow great work, thanks!

rrt0000

Newly Enlightened

Can't wait for these to get here. Really tempted to get some more...

btw - is that a type C cube?

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened

Nice comparison with the pocket contents on the table there. I have to say that out of all of them the McGizomo Sapphire Mule High CRI nichia 036 has the perfect tint for my eyes. Don't like the orange ones much.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened

Fantastic shots for those of us curious as to the advantages of warm tints!

Some outdoor beamshots might be interesting to see too though :D

polkiuj

Enlightened

Wowieeeee!! Nice! Me likessss

gunga

Flashaholic

Were the minis ever offered in XP-G neutral? I thought it was only XP-E neutral...

:thinking:

rrt0000

Newly Enlightened

....................................yes... :faint:

vegetation comes tomorrow, I've been too busy today!

Why heerro fellow cuber :D I use Type A5 myself.
I'm probably wrong but I'm going to guess tribox stickers.

Anyhow - do you find the warm tint a bit too yellow? does the tint change in low mode?

Also - is the brightness (circa -30%) noticeably dimmer than the cool white mini?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

Were the minis ever offered in XP-G neutral? I thought it was only XP-E neutral...
ohh... so that's why i got permission from 47s.. I completely forgot why I was asking in the first place today.... :nana:

Why heerro fellow cuber :D I use Type A5 myself.I'm probably wrong but I'm going to guess tribox stickers.

Anyhow - do you find the warm tint a bit too yellow? does the tint change in low mode?
Also - is the brightness (circa -30%) noticeably dimmer than the cool white mini?

nope, cubesmith! I somewhat stopped cubing about 2 years ago.. if you're interested in a nice east sheen (lubed, then put away) 5x5 and 4x4, give me a ping. :naughty:

woah, just took a look at c4y.. those are some cool new products... o_O
speaking of which, I wonder where my glow cube went..

30% is actually hard to discern with the human eye, and the different tint makes it a whole different difficulty! :candle: I love the warm tint and find it pretty much perfect!

Yavox

Enlightened

Which emiters were used in Mini 123 Ti warm? Can anyone help?

Yavox

Enlightened

Such a light never existed. There was a neutral white with an XP-E Q3 5A3...

So I must be having neutral white Ti Mini 123. Fine for me, too. Thanks.

Vesper

Enlightened

Warm LEDs are obtained by stacking more phosphor on top of the die (chip), which reduces output, but results in a warmer light, which is more pleasant to some.

Ahhh. Thank you! I wondered about this but never got around to asking.

Awesome presentation of the tints. The warm is darn close to the incandescent. I could stare at the ani gif all day too. Also looking forward to some outside.

ichoderso

Enlightened

I thought it would be better to make a new thread instead of filling up 47's thread. ;)

4sevens has once again attempted an assault on our wallets.. :crackup: with a new custom run of emitters in his Quark Mini series.

Now available, are Warm and Neutral tints!
This makes 4 options between the MiniAA, Mini123, and CR2

Titanium bodied, Cool White Emitter, Neutral White Emitter, and Warm White Emitter. (oh, the CR2 doesn't have a neutral offering that I know of), but, there's also a neutral TI miniAA and mini123!

This gives you 13 different models of Minis, staggering for the quickly growing company, no wonder they moved into a new warehouse! ;)

although, these custom runs give him less profit, and is to benefit CPF members! :thumbsup: Think about that the next time you purchase one of his products.

Alright, let us get to the good stuff,
Mini_CW_NW_WW.gif

this is a head shot of the emitters, one with normal lighting, and one with some UV lighting, to show off the phosphor. Warm LEDs are obtained by stacking more phosphor on top of the die (chip), which reduces output, but results in a warmer light, which is more pleasant to some.

Hi csshih,

I wondered about the UV exposured picture from the different cool, neutral and warm white LED's, so I made a picture from some of my LED's

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3376282#post3376282

Jens

bodhran

Enlightened

The only time I notice the pink tint to the neutral is when doing a side by side with other lights. In normal use it's very nice. That warm though, is just beautiful. Can't wait to get mine. I think I'll be a happy camper. Thanks for pics, it is appreciated. :)

Last edited: