Sunwayled...what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ky70

Banned
Have you noticed the banner for the latest advertiser Sunwayled? I checked out the website and I really dig the compactness of the M10R, L10R and L10A. I'm real excited about the sound of the UI and the looks of these lights are outstanding. But WHY OH WHY is the top of the working voltage only 3.2v? I was really getting excited about these lights until I saw the working voltage.

stallion2

Enlightened
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
the M40C and L10R immediately grabbed my interest. tried like hell to find a distributor outside the US since there appears to be none here w/out any luck. i'm guessing these lights are gonna be expensive, Microfire-expensive...but thats just a guess.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I was looking at that www site last night. I like the name, highly original and very catchy.

impressive... I dont think they have a distributor or CPF marketplace presence yet.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M10R sounds almost exactly what I am looking for.

I wonder what the prices are like and where to order from.

The M20C also seems nice, although I don't really need any more XR-E R2 based lights.

ky70

Banned
The M10R sounds almost exactly what I am looking for.

I wonder what the prices are like and where to order from.

The M20C also seems nice, although I don't really need any more XR-E R2 based lights.
That M10R really speaks to me but not being able to use li-ons really kills the light for me as I love guilt free lumens as I like to use my lights for no reason at all so only having primaries as an option wouldn't work for me.

Colorblinded

Enlightened
Nice looking lights. Interesting control system.

The M40A is an odd one, only 4xAA for the Cree MC-E? Interesting they cap it, I thought the Fenix TK40 could run at max output on 4AA but only for a limited time (& with good quality batteries).

HIDblue

Enlightened
That M10R looks pretty sharp, but did anyone else notice the similarities to the JetBeam RRT-0, especially the control ring UI?

Anyone know of any U.S. dealers selling their products?

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 4AA lights sure look interesting. Definitely fills a spot just below the Fenix TKs. I wonder if the battery carriers are a proprietary size (would love to buy some for my m@g if they are sturdy)?. Mm, time to buy more eneloops.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selfbuilt already has test units and will have a review in a few weeks.

The 4XAA holder from the M40A definitely won't fit a MAG - I'd already check that. It's possible the the M30A's holder could but we didn't get a proto or sample for that model.

The 4xAA holder is quite interesting actually. I was at first concerned because neither end cap is marked for polarity but then I hit it with a multimeter and it's the same polarity in either direction - a clever solution IMO.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 4xAA holder is quite interesting actually. I was at first concerned because neither end cap is marked for polarity but then I hit it with a multimeter and it's the same polarity in either direction - a clever solution IMO.

That's pretty cool! I don't think that I've ever seen a non-polarized battery carrier in any electronic product before.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Highly Interesting! :twothumbs

Especially M30A and M40A; 3AA and 4AA are kind of lights I long time whished Fenix or 4Sevens had made!
If these lights are as good as they look they will soon be shipped to my adress... :popcorn:

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic

that sounds interesting indeed.
Any ideas on pricing?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the pictures the Sunwayleds seem to be of superior quality, even better than Fenix or 4Sevens, so if this is the case these lights are bargains for the price...

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if any reviewers have been given the green light to do some toughness testing. I know the sharp-looking corners of the L10 "seahorse" :grin2: would probably come out looking thrashed. Nice brightness spacing though, just wonder if they'll consider using an XP-G instead of R2...

Sprinkles

Newly Enlightened
....3.2V? wish it were 4.2v!! (Please tell me 3.2 is a typo/error....)

They do look really nice - I like the clean look, very appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.