FeniX LD20 Warranty is TOP NOTCH !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

njet212

Enlightened
Just want to share my positive experience regarding Fenix LD20 warranty.

I found my LD20 OD color Q5 was cracked and i emailed Fenix ASAP.

First, they told me to contact the dealer where i got the LD20. I emailed the dealer which in this Marshall ( goinggear.com ). He said he don't have anymore LD20 OD body since this model has been discontinued. Then i emailed back Fenix to tell the situation, i also emailed the Marshall. And Marshall said to let him know if the Fenix do not take care of me and he will figure something out.:twothumbs

I got answered from Fenix and they said they will sent replacement body for my LD20 but it is in Black. I returned their email and i said i don't want black body because my flashlight is OD color. After couple replied then they give me solution, they told me to sent back the flashlight to their facility for further inspection. Once they found their product defective they will replace with the new one.

Then i sent the flashlight using EMS on 16/08/2010 on 30/08/2010 i have an email from Fenix saying that they will replace with whole new LD20R4 because they no longer produce the LD20 Q5 OD. Also they said they will sent the flashlight ASAP directly to my address. But they also said it's not their policy to sent directly to costumer but they said they make an exception for my case.

Today i got my replacement for defective LD20 Q5 OD. And i'm bit surprise they sent it using DHL Express ?? :naughty: I just thinking, Fenix is really concern about their costumer, they don't want their costumer waiting too long for the replacement and frankly speaking all us is always hate waiting don't we?

So this is my first experience for warranty issue claim and it was a great experience. Now i have more confident buying Fenix Flashlight. I found Fenix and The Dealer where i get my flashlight ( Marshall @ goinggear.com ) is very responsible for their costumer. :twothumbs

Cracked on LD20 Q5 Olive Drab

dsc00848h.jpg

Replacement i got today

DSC01118_resize.jpg
DSC01113_resize.jpg
DSC01115_resize.jpg

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Way to go Fenix! :twothumbs

And I bet they are trying to figure out how the heck a LD20 just cracked liked that and hope the defect is limited to your light only.

Last edited:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
HOW ??

I mean... What happened with your Fenix body?? :thinking:

That crack is nasty!

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, so *that's* what happens when you drive a bus over an LD20! :D

Thanks for the report and I'm glad to hear that it all worked out OK in the end. I've often wondered about how well Fenix stands behind their lights as I haven't seen a lot of threads here about warranty claims like I have for other brands.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent to hear. Thanks for posting good experiences like this.

I had a Fenix Bike mount break on me yesterday. I emailed my supplier early this morning saying I'll send it back.
He emailed me today saying he'll send me a new one, and for me not to worry about sending the broken one back to them.

So another good experience.
Good customer services Fenix, and Fenix suppliers. :twothumbs

Dreamer

Newly Enlightened
Oo... that's a nasty crack! Anyway, good to hear that Fenix is really taking care of their customer. :twothumbs

njet212

Enlightened
Glad you guys found my post to be useful.

I don't what makes nasty cracked on the LD20 body. But frankly speaking, the cracked was noticed by my buddy. When he looking at my LD20 he asked my "Dude, why your flashlight cracked??" :oops:

Bit surprised too because before i decided to buy LD20 i saw abuse test on youtube. I saw the Fenix Light was boiled, dropped, frozen on the bottle even over by car and the light could survive, still function well and do not cracked.

But anyway, i believe 1 of 10 Fenix Light might be defective. Even the Surefire also can be defective. I have read a post here, surefire light ( can't remember the series ) won't light up at first time out of the box. But i hope this is only Fenix Light that have cracked on the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.