2AA light

yankees102110

Newly Enlightened
In the market for a new light, I'm looking for a 2AA light. Any recommendations? I've been looking at the nitecore 2AA lights but was wondering what everyone else thought. I prefer a smooth reflector over a textured, the only other requirement is a pocket clip.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Along with several other guys here I'm sure, I'm going to say a Malkoff mdc 2aa

The reflector is made by don , so it's the best in the business .

Also has a pocket clip [emoji1305]

You can also choose the bezel style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a couple of Quarks, and while they're the best feeling 2xAA lights I have, I hate the cool white tint. Unless they're offered in nicer tints, I'd pass. I have a Armytek PrimeA2 (2xAA), in warm white, that has a much more pleasing tint. Problem is it's quite heavy.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
The newest Quark 2AA (QK2AA MKIII) uses a 5000k Nichia 319A 80 CRI emitter. These things are subjective (of course) but I find the tint to be very much neutral and pleasant.

Vemice

Enlightened
How about the side-by-sides?
cmdcADXl.jpg

yankees102110

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking of getting the Eagtac. I have the SX30A4 right now and it's just a ridiculous light that is powered by AA. It's too big to EDC do to the soda can style, I use the lumintop tool 2.0 right now as my EDC but I find that a little too small. I think a 2AA light would be perfect.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own MT21A and MT2A Nitecore.
Good lights but the MT21A is a thrower, between the two I prefer MT2A which makes more lumens and has a balanced beam good for most situations.
They are a few years old lights but MT2A can still be a decent light.

I recently bought a Fenix E20 (2015 version) it is built very well, I like that you can change 4 light levels from the rear button.
Even E20 is a thrower like MT21A, inside the house the narrow beam is not good but a piece of transparent Magic tape is enough to solve the problem and have a wide beam.
Otherwise look at Fenix's LD22 which can be similar to MT2A as a beam.

If you want warm light look at the Trunite Archer2A, I don't have this light but it sells a lot even if I don't like the spacing of the light levels (jump from 75 lm to 500)
Armytek also offers models with warm light.

bignc

Enlightened
Yankees, I get it. It took me 10 years of lurking here learning about AA and 123 before I moved into lithium ion a few years ago. I won't try to change your mind at all. I WILL encourage you to keep reading and learning in your spare time after you make this purchase decision.

I have owned 1 and 2 aa lights from $25-$120 and considered going higher before finding much better performance in other form factors. I was gonna ask your budget before responding but in my opinion there are tons of good options.

IF, HOWEVER these are critical duty MUST work lights there are fewer options. You MIGHT want to go to the General forum and complete the "recommend me a light" form to help!

I hope you only get as addicted as you want!!! Lol

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always tend to favor lights that have a throwier beam.

Then you could be happy with Fenix E20 or Nitecore MT21A (both lights have the same XP-E2 led)
I have both but I like the Fenix more.

Evaluate the differences, Nitecore has Multi Task interface.
Tighten the head you have the maximum power (260 lumens), loosen the head you have a level you have chosen from 15, 60, 130 lumens (plus strobe)
Fenix E20 2015 version it has 4 levels (no strobe) which are changed by pressing the rear button slightly (8, 35, 95, 265 lumens)

SKV89

Enlightened
Armytek Partner A2 Pro and Prime A2 Pro is the brightest 2xAA in existence. They also have 4000k option with real nice non green tint. The Thrunite Archer 2A V3 is a cheaper option that is still brighter than most and has a great UI

cp2315

Enlightened
Here is a budget choice if you want to try one out. Jaxman M2.
jaxman lights are always solid and high quality as I can tell. It is about 20usd.

and there is a zenflare f2 that is popular too for about 10usd. But I do not have any zenflare and cannot tell about their quality based on my own experience.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own MT21A and MT2A Nitecore.
Good lights but the MT21A is a thrower, between the two I prefer MT2A which makes more lumens and has a balanced beam good for most situations.
They are a few years old lights but MT2A can still be a decent light.

I recently bought a Fenix E20 (2015 version) it is built very well, I like that you can change 4 light levels from the rear button.
Even E20 is a thrower like MT21A, inside the house the narrow beam is not good but a piece of transparent Magic tape is enough to solve the problem and have a wide beam.
Otherwise look at Fenix's LD22 which can be similar to MT2A as a beam.

If you want warm light look at the Trunite Archer2A, I don't have this light but it sells a lot even if I don't like the spacing of the light levels (jump from 75 lm to 500)
Armytek also offers models with warm light.

I second this recommendation and add that the 2020 fenix E20 will be 350 lumens, it'll be shorter in length than the LD22

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second this recommendation and add that the 2020 fenix E20 will be 350 lumens, it'll be shorter in length than the LD22

Thanks for info, after a search I managed to find the new E20 specifications and a video.
It is still a prototype but it looks interesting.
5 -30 -150 -350 lumens.
So far no news on the led used

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always recommend the jaxman m2 if size isn't a factor. Very large reflector with a xml2 so it offers a versatile beam. The four sevens quark mk3 is well regarded as well. Great pocket clip! I like the 319a led as well. I don't care for the free float driver board and I have had poor customer service from them, though.