• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2x SF Titan Plus De-Lugged/"Battleworn" Finish

nbp

Flashaholic
The Titan Plus is one of my favorite small lights and I have had a number of them through my hands over the years. I like to take off the keychain lugs for tailstanding ability and a cleaner look, and on these I also decided to expose some of that pretty brass under the nickel coating. I have done what I will call an "extreme pocketwashing" look; what it might look like if it wore down the nickel from the high spots after years of abrasion in a pocket with other items. I sanded off most of the nickel and polished the lights. There is still shiny nickel here and there and in the low spots on the lights. Some areas only the brass shows through. They are not symmetrical, nor are the two lights the same. It's kinda just whatever spots I feel like going harder on and some I leave a little more silver. One has a little more brass, one a little more nickel. The silver actually pops more in person than it does in the pictures, to my eye. The lights work properly and come with their pocket clips. They will patina but you can shine it back up with some metal polish. I think they're kinda cool looking, personally, and I hoped others might like the mods as well. :) If they are well received I will see about trying to find more users to treat.

Price is $70 each, via PP G&S, shipped in the USA.

nbp

Flashaholic
Man, I thought forced wear on gear was all the rage. Maybe I missed the wave. Haha. Or do these just not look good? What if I took the rest of the nickel off so they are only brass? Thoughts?