3.0v rechargeables (incl. Markcm's new cells)

hburner

Enlightened
Well Well, looky what I got!! The cells and charger did make it to me about 2 weeks late! Thanks USPS! The 3.2 cells will power the P90 in my C3 for about 22 min before going dim and the IC kicks in and it is lights ought. They will not power on the P91 at all.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
hburner said:
Well Well, looky what I got!! The cells and charger did make it to me about 2 weeks late! Thanks USPS! The 3.2 cells will power the P90 in my C3 for about 22 min before going dim and the IC kicks in and it is lights ought. They will not power on the P91 at all.

Ron - Should have gone the Unprotected 17500 route as I mentioned before(tsk,tsk). You would have not had the problem you have now with the short runtime. Your runtime would have more than doubled by going via Unprotected 17500's cells... Oh well, live and learn :huh:

Dave

greenLED

Flashaholic
I thought I had posted to this thread, but apparently I didn't :stupid:
Anyway, just to let everybody know that there is also a link to Markcm's store on the CPF Specials thread.

TReynolds

Newly Enlightened
Just got my 3.0V IC cells from Mark today. Here is what I've found out so far. They fit in my SureFire C3 without any problem. The cells are almost identical in size to SureFires. Two sets were charged up in less than an hour each, cells barely got luke warm.

Put the cells in the flashlight and was only able to get it to blink on occasion. Took the unit apart and hard wired them thinking that maybe it was a switch issue and same thing. Put my KL3 head on and it worked flawless. Am doing a very unscientific runtime test and will post. Original lamp is a P90.

Does anyone know if this will work with a KL5 in this unit?

Thanks
Tim

hburner

Enlightened
OK Dukester, I know, I know, The 17500s should be here tomorrow and I am lookin forward to using them with my P91. I tried the 3vs mainly because I could fit them into the SC1 and they were just more stock looking. But the upside to the 17500s being longer runtime and charge the 2 and throw them inot the light rather than have to wait on the 3rd batt to charge.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
hburner said:
OK Dukester, I know, I know, The 17500s should be here tomorrow and I am lookin forward to using them with my P91. I tried the 3vs mainly because I could fit them into the SC1 and they were just more stock looking. But the upside to the 17500s being longer runtime and charge the 2 and throw them inot the light rather than have to wait on the 3rd batt to charge.

Let us know how it works out for you but you will notice a dramatic increase in runtime. :drool: What did you end up getting bare or protected 17500's?

Dave

hburner

Enlightened
Dave, I got 4 bare and 2 protected, I hope the protected fire up the P91. If the bare give twice the runtime and fire up the P91 I will be happy! The 3vs from Mark give off pretty darn good lumens their = to or maybe just a little brighter than primarys. I hope the 17500s are just as bright especially with the P91.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok Ron, both protected and bare 17500's will fire up both the P90/P91 LA's but the protected cells will require a rapid click perhaps up to 3 or 4 to fire up the P91 LA.

Have fun...

Dave

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark, got my protected 17500's today. Thanks.

They are slightly long, making them a very tight fit, but they do fit, so all is fine.

TReynolds

Newly Enlightened
Update to previous thread:
Well I guess I figured out the multiple click thing to get the protected cells to work. I'm getting 22 minutes on my C3 with p90 lamp as mentioned by another member. Very bright for the entire duration though.

With the KL3 I got over 2.5 hours run time before I fell asleep last night and about 3 hours to top off a set of two cells.

I'm shooting for a run time of about 40 minutes so I'm really interested to see how two 17500 protected cells run with the p90. I'd even be happy with a p60. Has anyone tried two 17500 protected cells with this lamp? I know it's slightly over voltage but will it work reliably?

I've also read through this entire thread and have yet to come across runtimes for anyone with a C2/G2 (aka p60 lamp) with two of the 3.0 volt cells.

Thanks
Tim

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
J.S burly cr123 rechargeables don't seem to last long in my Gladius. The Gladius flashes twice quickly to indicate low battery level. Then my light just shut off completely withing less than 30min. I use the Gladius at maximum level.

Could the Gladius drain rechargeable faster than regular CR123? Does anyone know?

Bryan

Enlightened
TReynolds said:
I've also read through this entire thread and have yet to come across runtimes for anyone with a C2/G2 (aka p60 lamp) with two of the 3.0 volt cells.

Thanks
Tim

I'd like to know if they work with this setup also (or with a P61). Otherwise I will just go with the P90 and standard protected cells.

TReynolds

Newly Enlightened
OK I'm not above begging for feedback so if anyone can help PLEASE do so. I'm also lowering the bar a bit on my expectations of Marks cells. I would be happy with about thirty minutes runtime from either a p60 or p90 lamp. I'm kind of stuck on using protected cells.

Here's what I want to try:

(2) 17500 protected cells running either lamp, seems like the voltage is low for the p90 and high for the p60. Has anyone had luck with either? Runtimes for either?

Second option: Use two 3.0v cells and a p60 in the C3, I aready have a dummy spacer made up. In essence a stretch G2/C2/Z2. Anyone have runtimes on this?

All things said, I'm impressed with Mark's 3.0 volt rechargeables, I think they are a viable choice for certain LEDs. Unfortunately the 22 minute runtime in my C3/p90 makes it only good for recreational use around the house use.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Tim

hburner

Enlightened
Dukester you are right about the runtime but I found that I would rather use the 3vs with my P90 for more brightness and save the 17500s for the P91!!!!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Not Markcm's cells but:

At Frys these days Ultralast "3V" Rechargable Lithium Cells and Charger are available. A buddy and I each have a set. In the incandescent lights I've tried the pull from them is always more. I wacked a Brinkmann bulb with three when three primary 123s lit up nicely.

In MOST LED lights, the amp pull is less. In an XO3 it is exactly the same with either cells.

In my SNII 3 primaries take 1.70ish amps. With three RCR123 it pulls 2.23... is this too much for a 5W LED???

RW650

Newly Enlightened
Hi,i would like to know ,can it be used on ALX-332L(3W)?
The size is it fit on the body?
thanks!:grin2:

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened
Just for the heck of it, I tried a runtime test on my Nuwai TM301X5 and got exactly 40 minutes before the light went out. It does not seem to have dimmed at all during that time. Not bad.

Tajji

Newly Enlightened
TReynolds said:
Here's what I want to try:

(2) 17500 protected cells running either lamp, seems like the voltage is low for the p90 and high for the p60. Has anyone had luck with either? Runtimes for either?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

I ran the C3/P90 combo with Mark's 2x17500 protected cell and obtained a runtime of 1hr 2 min. Since I've purchased the protected R123a and 17500 from Mark, I stop running primary 123a.