Amusing story involving my Wife, The Army, and Zebralight

motohooligan

Newly Enlightened
So my wife, a Captain in the good ol US Air Force is at Army Combat Skills Training right now learning to be all she can be. Anyway, this week they were doing the Combat Lifesaver portion. Today was their final day complete with a mass casualty simulation.

Well, the simulation was set up in a pitch black building. They were not told what the scenario was going to be, so no-one except for my wife brought any sort of light source with them to the class. So they are gearing up to go inside and start practicing and my wife dons her helmet and pulls a Zebralight H31w out of her pocket (what can I say, I guess I taught her well) and mounts it to her helmet. A Major who had just completed the sim saw the light and said, You might as well leave that little light out here, it wont be nearly powerful enough to light up anything in there. She just smiled and said, Whatever.

Anyway, they enter the building and thanks to her there is 161 lumens of nice neutral light filling the room. Her whole team was able to see what they were doing thanks to her little light.

Just thought I'd share that little tid bit with you guys.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I remember this from before the crash too bad all the replies were lost.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my H31Fw yesterday.
I 'made' myself get up at 0300 just to see how good the 0.4 lumen moon mode is. (pretty bright actually)

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my H31Fw yesterday.
I 'made' myself get up at 0300 just to see how good the 0.4 lumen moon mode is. (pretty bright actually)

Agreed. Middle of the night, you have to squint a little when you turn the .4 lumen mode on. Amazing, isn't it.

Siliconti

Newly Enlightened
Good thing come in small packages.

It still amazes me how much power a small light can put out.