35E group buy?

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received an email from Voltaplex rep concerning a mistaken shipment to the US of 100x Samsung 35E, and he wants to know if I'm interested. I already had intentions to get 6-8 35E, not 100. I responded to ask what the minimum order was and cost per cell. As many are aware, 35E is INR18650 3500mAh 8A (some specs say 10A, hkj says 13A) cell. The pink one. Stay tuned.

I wrote him right back when I got the email around 3:30PM, well before EoB, and didn't hear anything back. We'll see tomorrow.

100 x Samsung 35E: $3.70USD per cell
for all 100, $370, duh
Then says "regular price," which I assume means any amount less than 100, $3.85/cell
No ship price given, will ship,
but can arrange pick up in Rollo MO 65409

Best price I see in US (Atlanta GA) online is $4.99/pc plus whatever shipping.

But Alibaba has them for $0.65 (which I don't believe) I have never ordered from Alibaba, plan to, but I don't know that it's possible, I don't know if they ship Li-ion to US, and I don't know about minimum orders. A more believable price is $3.00/pc for quantities over 50. No shipping prices given.

AliExpress has them for $2.20/pc for 10 cells plus $52.63 shipping, and I have ordered cells from Ali before, they ship to US, but I have never seen shipping prices that high.

So Voltaplex has a half decent price if anyone is in or near Missouri and can get cheap shipping materials. I actually bought a large number of small boxes in 2019 that I never used, I have to check what I paid, but my feeling is they were really cheap or I wouldn't have bought them. Yup, 8x8x6" $0.31/pc and 6x6x4" $0.28/pc. I bought 25 each. and I still have most of them. Packing material is whatever I happen to have and can get for cheap, like newsprint.

I'll ask her about shipping to me.

There are also 250 LG MJ1 for $3.57/pc for all of them, but I'm not interested in them. Should I be? Probably, INR 3500mAh 10A. Interestingly, they are in Herndon VA which is 250mi round trip for me, so I could go get those and be home in 6.5 hours, or a little less, using 9 gallons or less.

Also, not for nothing, my effing deposit is late without notice or explanation, and I was told it will happen on the 5th, which is later than it has ever been. SSA is some kind of racket. So I am destitute until then and pretty much otherwise.

Last edited: