3rd annual,What flaslight did you find most useful for halloween?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new Ti Quark 2x123 was plenty of flashlight to get through our limited outings. I clipped it on the outside of my jeans pocket, pointing down, and then turned on the strobe when I was in the street unloading my kids and what not. Then it put out plenty of light for navigation through any dark areas.

Billy Berue

Newly Enlightened
Life Gear LED Glowstick.

http://www.lifegearcompany.com/glowsticks.html

I bought 10 of them at the checkout counter at Home Depot. Gave them out to all of the kids that were trick-or-treating with us. They were a huge hit, and most importantly, a huge help. Made it very easy for cars to spot the kids and for us to identify which kids were ours when they got a few houses ahead of the adults.

There was a thread on these things a few weeks back.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/242157

Of course, I also carried my Quark 2x123 Q3 5A Tactical. :thumbsup:

Tremendo

Enlightened
Life Gear LED Glowstick.

http://www.lifegearcompany.com/glowsticks.html

I bought 10 of them at the checkout counter at Home Depot. Gave them out to all of the kids that were trick-or-treating with us. They were a huge hit, and most importantly, a huge help. Made it very easy for cars to spot the kids and for us to identify which kids were ours when they got a few houses ahead of the adults.

Cool. I stopped giving candy 6 years ago and have always given out Glow Sticks bracelets, the 8" break and shake kind. We go through about 400-500 each Halloween. The kids light up the street a lot better.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
The wife and critter used the MG L-mini II Q3 5C and maglite solitaire, respectively, while trick-or-treating. I held down the fort with my LF5XT.

Before anyone scoffs at the maglite solitaire, the critter is only 21 months old and doesn't understand how to keep from shining a flashlight into someone's face (especially his own). The soli is dim enough that he can't damage his own or anyone else's vision with it. Also, he loves it. He'll twist it on and off until the battery dies.

--flatline

danielo_d

Enlightened
...I carried my Husky 2d 4W Cree. I found a white plastic cup the fit over the head of it that made the perfect diffuser. Used it mostely as flood for the darkened streets. And I used it when crossing busy intersections so cars can see us. Also carried my small 1AA Energizer 1W Cree to light up the signs stating, "Sorry, no more Candy." Sign of the times, I guess. :candle:

javajoe

Newly Enlightened
Ironically, it was my amazon 7LED AAA light.
I do not have kids to go trick or treating with so we just stayed home and gave out candy. It was quite windy so my candles kept blowing out. We ended up just hanging the amazon light with it's lanyard wedged in the lid of the pumpkin. It easily lasted all night and we were one of the few homes with light the whole time.

It worked out perfectly because 1) it is so cheap I wouldn't mind if it got stolen and 2) it has terrible throw and is all flood so from a few feet away you couldn't even tell it wasn't a candle (except for how bright and white the light was). I'm definately going to plan ahead for next halloween with some LED option for our jack-o-lantern:D maybe http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2041

Last edited:

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
Nitecore Extreme with 16oz water bottle cap diffuser set on strobe (for crossing streets) and ROP Lo Mag2D all around illumination... well at least that would be my gear if I would go trick or treating... I'll report back in 5 or 6 years time (hopefully by then, it'll be like daytime trick-or-treating)...

Last edited:

spyderco&led luvr

Newly Enlightened
as far as my neighborhood, my sf c3 w/ malkoff m60 drop in and a quark AA tac around my neck ruled the night.
I kept hearing comments "he must have one of those new cop lights".
I felt bad for those kids that were armed with little ican. that barely lit up where they were steping.
Needless to say i helped many cross a dark road that night.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
SF-6P milled for 18650 + DX:MCE module. 2 modes 150L/350L OTF. I even found a use for the strobe, flashing it on the ground to warn traffic my kids were crossing the street. This was my main light, used 90% of the time.

Zebralight H501 clipped to my shirt collar. Used periodically to fix the kids costumes.

Eagletac P100C2, used sporadically when I needed a little more throw than the 6P-MCE.

My son carried one of these Dorcy 3AAA lights, it was on for 100% of the time.
http://www.dorcy.com/products.aspx?p=414240

Last edited:

Sardaukar

Enlightened
I used a Jetbeam M1X. Also carried an EagleTac M2C4, but didn't use it as much. Turning the M1X on and off was much easier.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I used my MZXR-7 for walking the dog/checking on the parked car, I found Don's Sundrop 3S to be super useful for general usage throughout the evening. On High it easily lit up my front yard(to make sure no one was leaving trash/messing around)

-Mayo

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
LumaPower D-Mini EX - we were a group of 4 adults, 2 teens and 3 toddlers - massive spill and a compact size were my friend.

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
TK40 and ITP Eos AAA for backup. I mainly used the tk40 on medium as that was an appropriate amount of light to illuminate steps and such.

Fought the urge to go turbo for extended lengths of time to remind those with lame dollarstore lights how pathetic their existences were. :D

Okay, i'm really kidding there.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this a modded light, or is it a clone that is sold somewhere?

It was a Chinese clone of the Maxabeam, marketed as a Supernova a couple years back. I was lucky enough to snag one used here on CPF a year-and-a-half ago. They're not made anymore. The only time I've ever accepted a clone light. While not as good as a Maxabeam, it holds it's own against most anything else.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
My QAA2. Worked like a charm. Blew everyone away when I lit up signs and trees 100 yds away with the turbo setting. Used it on high most of the time, and never even got warm.

My L1Tv2 as my backup.