4 Pictures of My New 3 x XM-L 2x 18650 - Dangerous?

allout

Newly Enlightened
DOA. The metal in the fourth picture was attached to the wall of the light and was contacting both springs. There were several other long pieces of metal in the same area. The supplier claims this light was inspected.

1bad.jpg

3bad.jpg

5bad.jpg

6bad.jpg

Last edited:

Tripwik

Newly Enlightened
Re: 4 Pictures of My New 3 x XM-L 2x 18650

Wow! That has a lot more than just your normal, off the mass production line, amount of shavings! I really hope that the manufacturer can fix this issue for you. who is that by the way?

Tripwik

Newly Enlightened

I only asked because I was in fact thinking of buying one of those from Manafont. I saw their name here and there and was considering.....well not anymore. Let us know how it turns out! Thanks for sharing, sorry your light arrived DOA I know that had to have been a disappointment!

allout

Newly Enlightened

Disappointed, yes and a bit angry. I don't like when a company lies to me. In the email response I was told that they (Manafont) inspect all lights. This light was not inspected. There were a half dozen metal shavings fall out onto the table the first time I opened the light. The pig tail in the photo is attached to the solder.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Are they going to replace your light at no charge? Hopefully they will not try to charge you for the extra metal included in your light :(

allout

Newly Enlightened
I just went to Manafont to post a negative product review. I was curious to see if it would go through.

From their site "Oh no! Looks like the product you are looking for is no longer available."

richpalm

Banned
That was fast-them dumping the revision 1. I'd do that Paypal claim and not wait unless you can get a new rev. 2 out of them. They're normally pretty responsive though.

Please keep us posted!

Rich

allout

Newly Enlightened
Using jumpers I put 8.2 volts from 2 different battery sets directly to the head and nothing. These batteries test and work in other lights.

Latest posts