Manker MK 34 switch question

blub

Enlightened
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but...So my MK 34 switch broke, apparently it was in super low moonlight mode with just a faint glow, I tried to turn it off and the button was mushy, no more clicking, and the ring was loose which holds the rubber button in, there is a bit of corrosion in there which is odd because it has probably been outside twice because I keep it on my end table and it's never been wet, the switch wouldn't turn the light off. I took the ring and rubber off and found these two pieces off to the side. Anyone know the correct way it goes together? Is the yellow stuff glue? Does the metal contact the switch or does the yellow stuff? Is it a tiny magnet, it likes to jump off center when try to reassemble it. Thanks

Last edited:

blub

Enlightened
Yes, it's a side switch, I'm trying but I don't know if it's a magnet or static making the the little domed metal piece jump off, I'm using plastic tweezers and the thing is like a flea, just keeps jumping off.
On edit: Okay, got it to work but cannot figure out how to hold the little piece centered unless it's suppose to be glued or siliconed in place. The little domed piece is what makes it click, I'm guessing it changes modes by touching the two outer contacts normally then when pressing the button it contacts the center? It looks like the metal dome is supposed to rest in the center in tiny grooves then the yellow film over the top of it, is that what held it in place? Does anyone think siliconing it in place would be a bad idea or is there special stuff for this? I ended up using shoe goo on the head of a pin around the edge to hold it in place:laughing::laughing::laughing:. Now I can safely walk on it.

Last edited: