4th jab today.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Screenshot_20220503-134448.png

Get well soon!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This is why I love CPF. Try having a Covid vaccine discussion, whether facetious or not, on an F150 or Jeep forum.
Ha, this is the first one to make it past a few days. There were some that lasted a few hours. So far so good on this one. But you're right, we can carry on a conversation here at CPF about nearly anything.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I frigin hate needles. But I plan on getting 4th jab Monday I seldom leave house so I should be safe

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
When I got my 4th jab I decided to lift my arm very slightly to cause the deltoid muscle to bunch up a little bit. This makes it less likely that the needle will go past the muscle and hit one of the blood vessels behind it. The nurse warned me that it would hurt a little more if I did that, and it did, but the next day I had almost no arm pain at all. Usually my arm feels like it got hit by a baseball bat the next day.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Well I just tested positive. I have mild symptoms resembling a slight head cold. Getting a prescription for the Pfizer oral medication.
Sorry to hear that, but hopefully your symptoms will remain mild, and resolve quickly.

My symptoms started on Saturday, and I tested positive on Sunday. I started the Pfizer Paxlovid on Monday although my symptoms were already starting to abate., (I think). Today I can report that I am asymptomatic. The only side affect of the drug is that I have a tinny taste in my mouth. Fortunately it is only a five day regimen.

Good luck PhotonWrangler

chip100t

Enlightened
It's been tough few years, especially for those working in the health service.

Close to 30 people in my extended family have had it, some more than once.
One death, one on a ventilator in intensive care for two weeks but went on to make a full recovery and one who had long covid that kept them in bed practically night and day for months but now ok. Everyone else it ranged between a cold and a bad case of flu.
I just hope it continues to evolve to a more and more weaker strain with time.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya. I've been lucky. Neither me nor anyone in my close family have gotten it. But I've been a pretty staunch mask wearer and so has my wife and kids. Distancing and cleaning hands and so forth. I believe my mother has gotten it three times. Lol. She's can't handle not being the center of attention though so taking precautions isn't in her vocabulary

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Spanish flu evolved 4 times during that pandemic. About every 10-20 years a strain pops back up that is pretty strong then it goes back to being an irratent flu virus.

So the covid thing evolving to a weaker strain is a natural thing since a virus somehow knows in order to survive it cannot kill its host.

It still likely pays dividends to get the jab as even though the latest varient may be milder, the original version may still be lurking out there somewhere with it's killer cousin the Delta-Rona.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got heart issues after a couple of mandatory jabs (I am a LEO). Life quality is way down now. Wish you all to play this lottery.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the J&J one back in June of last year, only to avoid having to go into work weekly and testing. And then they lied to us and a month later made us all test anyways regardless of vaccination status. I was around so many prisoners that had it, there's no way I never caught it. I really couldn't give a damn either way. No horns are growing out of my head, but if I had a choice between getting another and not getting another, I wouldn't bother.

I think I've probably had the rona twice already anyways. Once in July 2020 and once in October 2021. Life is too short to worry about flu shots or rona shots, or making it into anything political like it has become. People walking down the street 1,000 feet away from anyone wearing masks.. what is that all about ??? Makes me laugh and wanna cry everytime I see it. I grew out of politics after my teenage years, like I grew out of sports in my pre-teen years. It's all garbage for your mind and soul, and it's bad for you. Maybe worse than the worst flu and rona strains even. Most of the time, when I get stressed I just try and get out of the house for awhile. It usually works.

Last edited:

chip100t

Enlightened
I still wear a mask around the shops (I am pretty one of the few who do now). But I sit with my 94 year old uncle to allow my 87 year old aunt some time to herself and get out of the house as she is his full time carer. I also try to see a lot of my 76 old mum when I can. So I test still to make sure I don't unwittingly make them Ill.

When you see that person keeping their distance or wearing their mask. Don't mock them. Show a bit of respect and keep your distance. As you don't know what health issues they have or maybe the people they care for.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got heart issues after a couple of mandatory jabs (I am a LEO). Life quality is way down now. Wish you all to play this lottery.

Sorry to hear that. What jab did you get? I play the lottery everyday, but never considered a vaccine to be one.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you see that person keeping their distance or wearing their mask. Don't mock them. Show a bit of respect and keep your distance. As you don't know what health issues they have or maybe the people they care for.

I'm stage 4 liver disease for the past three + years so I couldn't give less of a poop about my health. No one respects mine or my situtation anyways.

I'm still gonna laugh at them because they are fools. You don't live forever.