So I was walking my dog with my hotwired mag....

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I was walking Bennie, my 2 yr old Springer Spaniel tonight in my neighborhood. Its my favorite time of the day, because its dark outside and that means I get to carry my Flashlight of choice!!

Tonight I chose my newly purchased Turnkey Mag74 made by CPF member Litho123, off of this link in CPF B S T customs. I have been told that this light is not as bright as a mag85, but it is no slouch. This Mag 2D has been custom bored out to accommodate ANY capacity AA nimh batteries in modamag's 8AA-2D holder. This light comes complete with Kiu's outstanding (no melting/smoking issues) hi-temp bi-pin socket (completely assembled) to run the WA 1274 with 1 AA dumdum spacer and your choice of 7 AA nimh batts (not included). Pushing the 1274 @ 8.4v yields … 948 bulb-Lumens, 616 torch-Lumens out the front end… The brightest WelchAllyn bulb for a 2D. Runtime is in the range of 30 - 40 minutes depending on the AA nimh batteries you use. For someone not in the know, this looks like your everyday 2D MagLite.

Well there I was walking Bennie in my Neighborhood, Shining everything I could, you know how us flashaholics are. Just admiring the throw and brightness and sheer power of this hotwired mag. Out comes a local Police officer who lives a few doors down. He wasnt looking for me for trouble, he wanted to know about that light!!!

At first I said, "What do you mean its just a 2D Mag." Then I told him what it really was, man was he ever impressed!!! I told him about CPF, then pulled the LionCub out of my pocket and showed him that. He liked the adjustable output of the LionCub too. Couldnt believe so much light comes out of such a small light, too bad I dont have my Orb Raw yet...

He didnt know that Flashlights went beyond the normal storebought lights. I feel good, I think I just might have converted someone tonight to join our lumenistic cult that we have become here at CPF. I have turned a bunch of my friends in to Scanner enthusiasts, it is now my goal to convert people to flashaholism!!! You guys here on this site are the ONLY people I know that understand, everyone else always says, "You bought ANOTHER light??!!".

I wish everyone could understand, but think about it. If everyone on here converted atleast 3 of their friends to CPF, it would go from rougly 10,000 members, to 40,000 members!!! Think of how that would do the custom flashlight economy!!!

Anyways I got carried away, just wanted to share my moment with you guys.

-PSM

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
"lumenistic cult"....nice! I'm glad you impressed you neighbor so much. My next door neighbor is a policeman, but I didn't get the reaction I was hoping for when I showed him my FM 1 1/2D w/1166 (or 1318...can't remember which it had at the time.) He just didn't give the reaction of being overwhelmed that I was expecting (and hoping for). He just agreed, "yeah, it is pretty bright for being so small". I didn't get a "wow" from him. Not even a grin. I can't wait till my USL gets here. I should have a better shot at blowing him away. (I really thought he was going to be blown away the first time.)

greenLED

Flashaholic
I love reading these stories. I've turned my brother to CPF (finally! took too long), and now I'm working on enlightening a neighbor.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a huge WOW at a barbeque when I pulled out my LionCub to light a sidewalk. So bright and so small. I love these stories, warms my heart. We are the only people that understand our addiction.
buttrock.gif
smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great job!

I was just saying in another thread how my Mag85 made three recent converts. The sick part is that it looks like a totally stock Mag, to demonstrate what makes it tick, I have to disassemble both the front and back ends to show them what goes into it.

Now, back to the grindstone ya lumen pushers, you need to get more people hooked! :D :crackup:

Timson

Enlightened
I too have had many impressed poeple admiring my lights...But -
They always recoil in horror when I tell them the price.....
"YOU PAID HOW MUCH ..... FOR A F***ING TORCH !!" - Tight Wads :shrug:

Tim

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Yeah, thats what I'm saying no one understands. If I wanna get some laughs, I pull out the costco HID. Just the size of that thing gets some attenetion, but when I blaze up the white fence 700 feet away, thats when everyone goes, oooohhhh....aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

-PSM

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nobody wants to pay more then $20.00 for a light(or knife for that matter), then when it quits working, or it is dim, they will complain about a cheap light. I try to keep my lights affordable. :) When I explain the benefits, they seem to understand better. The new lights at Target and Wal-Mart will help "spread the light". Under $20.00, and still a good light. :) Christmas is coming!!

Blades

juancho

Enlightened
Same here, I have WOW a lot of people at nights shoots at the range, barbecues, boys scout camping trips etc., but they recoil in horror when I tell them the price.

Juancho

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Thanks for sharing that story, PoliceScanner.

When out walking my dog, I usually have on a Petzl Tikka XP headlamp, and carry a 1.5w River Rock 2AA flashlight. Oncoming cars give me a WIDE path now :)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I'm waiting to muster up enough courage to walk my dog one night with the Costco HID!! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :naughty:

I just don't want to make anyone mad!! :rant: :rant:

I can see the old woman accross the street= :tsk:

-PSM

markbUK

Newly Enlightened
Timson said:
I too have had many impressed poeple admiring my lights...But -
They always recoil in horror when I tell them the price.....
"YOU PAID HOW MUCH ..... FOR A F***ING TORCH !!" - Tight Wads :shrug:

Tim

TORCH now we're talking english!, trouble is they are use to looking in ASDA or B&Q, trying to find anything more over here than an eveready 2d is pushing it - Ord RAW aside, its a bit of desert here don't you think, mind you with suppliers like, battery station and lighthound you don't need to worry

How many other brits are in here?

Mark

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
I'm waiting to muster up enough courage to walk my dog one night with the Costco HID!! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :naughty:
-PSM

OK, come clean. It's not the dog that's being walked, right? :crackup:

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure that PoliceScannerMan has realized what he has started. Sure it seems innocent enough but one of these nights, the cop will come out and show him his new light and it will be brighter and smaller.
Then PSM will be forced to respond and have to buy a new light, then the cop will buy a new light.
Soon both of them will be living under a bridge, working the streets to buy a battery and the poor dog will have to come live with me and my 14 or more year old springer.
(He jumped into my car as an almost full grown dog so I have no idea how old he is.)

Makarov

Enlightened
Mike Painter said:
Soon both of them will be living under a bridge, working the streets to buy a battery
:D :D :D

Seriously, I've got a couple of friends that I'm trying to convert, but in one case price seems to be the issue (and this is a guy who bought a C-mag for his rifle just for fun) and in the other case he got some Surefires, but is only intereseted in "tactical lights"(he's a gundealer) and doesn't care about EDC in the real world :shrug:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
ChocolateLab33 said:
I got a huge WOW at a barbeque when I pulled out my LionCub to light a sidewalk. So bright and so small. I love these stories, warms my heart. We are the only people that understand our addiction.
buttrock.gif
smile.gif

Thats what we do. We buy things with lights to impress people, we flashaholics are such show-offs!:devil:

Nothing feels better than having the brighest light in the camping park!:naughty: